Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

We still look set for some cracking weather next week, but I'm not convinced that the charts are as spectacular for next weekend onwards as they were yesterday? Great to see the sun today :D It was lovely to feel the sun on my face when I had DoggyC out for his walk this morning.

Yesterday = max western extent of plume

Today (GFS) = most pessimistic (eastern extent) hopefully

Today (UKMO and ECM) = halfway house (most likely) with an almost direct hit from the plume but a little east and not lasting more than 36-48 hours.

Wednesday or Thursday does have the potential to be really warm ie pushing the 32.9 you mention (won't get that high I don't think but close maybe)

Posted

This is more like it! Good sunny spells, wind in the west, temp 19c.

Posted

Not too bad a day at all. Next week looking very interesting indeed (if you want heat and storms)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

What's going on? It's 20'C! The only time I've seen the number 2 on my thermometer has been when it's either 12'C or 2'C for months!

• Like 2

Posted

What's going on? It's 20'C! The only time I've seen the number 2 on my thermometer has been when it's either 12'C or 2'C for months!

I can imagine it would come as quite a shock!

Currently 20.1c, cloudy with some sunny spell. A little humid but nothing on what's to come.... A nice 'growing day' as they say

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

We'll certainly some interesting weather coming up next week...a bit of something for everyone hopefully.

It's looking like the initial thundery weather will be around the west coast from later Tuesday ....with the peak of the interest later on Wednesday ....could well be some flash flooding around after the significant build up of heat etc during the day.....I'd imagine we'll be seeing some smashing storm photos through the week.

post-18260-0-22985500-1435414549_thumb.jpost-18260-0-79079500-1435414559_thumb.jpost-18260-0-68079300-1435414572_thumb.jpost-18260-0-14047100-1435414588_thumb.j

post-18260-0-64314200-1435414601_thumb.j

Posted

While much of Scotland heats up it will be a midweek cool down here and for some other east-coasters with SEly winds forecast. Meanwhile nIce and warm here today at 22c.

Edited by Hawesy

Posted

20c here as well with some nice sunshine and a fresh SW wind.

Posted

I can imagine it would come as quite a shock!

Currently 20.1c, cloudy with some sunny spell. A little humid but nothing on what's to come.... A nice 'growing day' as they say

Lulled into a false sense of security back in April when it hit the low twenties a number of times. A few 16-19'C maxes since but now feeling much warmer and closer to late June Inverness average. Can't wait for the big warm up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Best day of the year... warm and mostly sunny since first thing. Don't you just love Scottish weather? (No, don't answer that.)

Posted

Lulled into a false sense of security back in April when it hit the low twenties a number of times. A few 16-19'C maxes since but now feeling much warmer and closer to late June Inverness average. Can't wait for the big warm up!

Yep, I moved here during that warm spell, then it snowed a few days later and hasn't got much warmer since! Not bad today though.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Quite a familiar view for us once again and the temps not all that great at 16.9c.   Perhaps it will improve as the afternoon progresses.   Heavy shower at the moment.

post-1989-0-54309500-1435490273.txt

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Wet earlier, brighter now, and warm. Again! What's happening? :crazy:

Crazy.HC...now, I know this is only a theory and....I could be way of the mark here..

But it could ,just could, be something to do with this thing called Summer??

I believe I've seen some folk referring to it on the MT

• Like 1

Posted

19'C here and very humid. My snowman's gone though :(

• Like 2

Posted

We'll certainly some interesting weather coming up next week...a bit of something for everyone hopefully.

It's looking like the initial thundery weather will be around the west coast from later Tuesday ....with the peak of the interest later on Wednesday ....could well be some flash flooding around after the significant build up of heat etc during the day.....I'd imagine we'll be seeing some smashing storm photos through the week.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looking good Dr no. If there's one thing that doesn't let us down here on the West coast it's thunderstorms rolling in off the coast on hot days, lets hope this materialises

Posted

19'C here and very humid. My snowman's gone though :(

That's no good - the permafrost out the back here is suffering too. Youngest HC wants to know how soon Santa will be back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

That's no good - the permafrost out the back here is suffering too. Youngest HC wants to know how soon Santa will be back.

That sound like the Moray Firth I know and love! :D  Is it as bad as 1993?

Posted

Still precip, but sun's out again. Wind has died down as there was a bit of a breeze with that shower.

Edit : lightning map show one strike up around Peterhead.

Edited by Richard Taylor

Posted

20'C again! Could get used to this summer malarkey.

• Like 1

Posted

That sound like the Moray Firth I know and love! :D  Is it as bad as 1993?

Not yet.  You should come and try it for yourself...

• Like 3

Posted

Finally seeing some growth especially tattie tops which have collapsed this afternoon in the wind after a few days of breakneck growth. 20c here too now after a very showery day

Posted

20.8c being the max so far, currently 20.5c. Very comfortable temperatures, only shorts and t-shirts needed.

Fairly humid again.

Next week looks good. Maybe not as warm as some runs suggested but not as bad as others.

I do see Wednesday now only predicting 24c when the GFS previously had 26/28 but that may just be normal variation. It'll be better than anything we have seen so far so can't complain and I've had a better summer than most in this thread thus far.

Lots of rain overnight and it does look like there will be a lot of T-storms about next week, could see some major associated lightning...