Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Some torrential rain in the last 10 minutes. Quite windy

Posted

Just had the third flash of lightning, and second boom of thunder and everyone has been brighter/louder than the last

Posted

That is by far the loudest boom of thunder I have ever heard. Had to shut my window

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

Sound asleep heard the thunder and ended up taken this picture and sturck gold

post-14829-0-41261000-1435989398_thumb.j

Edited by Michael Kaii
  • Like 3

Posted

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Cor that was nice! Still lashing down with rain although not as dark as it was.

Rain starting to thump down again

Edited by NUT

Morning all. Mist, rain (some moderate) & seagulls just now. Forecast suggests we might get something of interest later. 

I'm watching the radar urging it to swing east, I keep forgetting the radar does not have ears nor any influence on the direction of the storms!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

I'm watching the radar urging it to swing east, I keep forgetting the radar does not have ears nor any influence on the direction of the storms!! :D

No urging required here.

Wee thunder and lightning show + rain absolutely hammering down. Flash flood type stuff.

Edited by scottish skier

No urging required here.

Wee thunder and lightning show + rain absolutely hammering down. Flash flood type stuff.

It's certainly swung, I've got heavy rain, now need some thunder :) It's hard to believe it's forecast to brighten up later and should be a lovely afternoon/evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Been torrential rain, no thunder/lightening here

Sun peeking through the cloud already, looks promising later on

Been torrential rain, no thunder/lightening here

Sun peeking through the cloud already, looks promising later on

Aye, today should be lovely later, then a re-run tomorrow in mirror image, cracking morning and thunderstorms in the afternoon. It's brighter here but still cloudy, although the radar suggests the rain is exiting stage right as I type.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Easing off now. That was some rain at points.

Good news is that the gairden got a decent water. Noticed when doing some planting yesterday that the ground was getting a bit dry.

Bad news is a few plants flattened with the intensity of the rain. It was end of days biblical monsoon grade at times.

EDIT. From my planting bucket, looks like 2.5" of rain since yesterday evening.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Rain just arriving here, some sferics showing up just off the coast of Aberdeen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Lovely day yesterday, turned sunny after about 10:30am.

Reached a warm 25.2c

The nearest station reached 25.7c, unusual for a more coastal, official station to consistently be warmer than me during the day but it shows the set up we were (are) in.

Heavy rain from about 3am onwards. Apparently there was lightning (ground looks very wet) but I was out last night and slept through it all it would seem...

Posted

We've had a couple of much louder rumbles now & I saw one flash (not the bolt, likely CC) but not frequent. Rain still very heavy though. 

Edit: big flash & big crash!!!

Edited by Richard Taylor
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Mornin' all! I just want to say we had summer here yesterday! Yup, one da  only this year and now winter has returned! Gales, horizontal rain and cauld! stained glass window! Just a few days of sunshine isn't too much to ask for is it? Oh, aye, a wee rumble o' thunder there, a big storm please, that should clear the air a bit!