Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

A very humid day with a maximum of 20c with light rain during the middle of the day which seemed to come out of nowhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A very humid day with a maximum of 20c with light rain during the middle of the day which seemed to come out of nowhere.

Exactly the same here, NL. Not too bad though?

Posted

Exactly the same here, NL. Not too bad though?

Yes just fineif you are  not thinking of making hay,our neighbours which I can see as I type  has been lying for 10 days now and getting blacker by the day The farming season is still running 2 weeks behind normal.

Posted

For the first time in absolute ages so it seems, the air smells really fresh this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

For the first time in absolute ages so it seems, the air smells really fresh this morning

that's because you're downwind from me and I managed to get my washing in that's been on the washing line for a fortnight
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yes just fineif you are  not thinking of making hay,our neighbours which I can see as I type  has been lying for 10 days now and getting blacker by the day The farming season is still running 2 weeks behind normal.

Yes NL, you are absolutely right, and I apologize; something really does need to improve, up there. :)

Posted

Cool today with a maximumof 15c A north wind off the Firth probably a sea breeze with cloud to the south  over the Cairngorms blocking out the sun but blue skies to the north especially  over the Firth.

Posted

A meagre high of 14.8c yesterday at Leuchars, compared to the July average of 19.2c. Only 1.6 hours of sun. Today and tomorrow don't look too bad until things go rapidly downhill on Friday and Saturday. This July is turning into a real disappointment!

A meagre high of 14.8c yesterday at Leuchars, compared to the July average of 19.2c. Only 1.6 hours of sun. Today and tomorrow don't look too bad until things go rapidly downhill on Friday and Saturday. This July is turning into a real disappointment!

I'm with you on that last bit Hawesy. When I did my forecast for my wee Facebook weather page this morning I wasn't expecting to have to use "frost" and then "gale" in the forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A meagre high of 14.8c yesterday at Leuchars, Only 1.6 hours of sun

We didn't even get that. Yesterday in Dyce managed a max of 14.0C and 24mins of sun (which I can't remember). So far this morning we've reached the dizzy heights of 11.0C under grey, drizzly skies.

Not looking forward to the upcoming windy spell on Fri/Sat as we're supposed to be towing down the A90/A74(M)/M6.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Rain took an awful long time to clear today but eventually the sun came out and temp peaked at 14.8C. Not exactly tropical!

Edited by Norrance

Rain took an awful long time to clear today but eventually the sun came out and temp peaked at 14.8C. Not exactly tropical!

I thought the GFS was up to some tricks when I saw the temps forecast for here tonight, 2ºC in mid-July. Now that it's 11.4ºC and falling before sunset with a clear sky, I can just about believe that we'll make it down to the forecast temp with a risk of frost.

Posted

5.5c here this morning at 5.00am  condensation on  single pane windows and very heavy dew. autumn approaches.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

5.5c here this morning at 5.00am  condensation on  single pane windows and very heavy dew. autumn approaches.

Don't think that it really ever left this area from last year NL!

"My life will be forever autumn"

Big well depressed Innes

• Like 1

Posted

Weather & Flood Warnings out for heavy rain overnight into Friday morning, a lull, then more later Friday into Saturday. Covers most of the West Coast and across the Central belt into Tayside & Fife.

Posted

Weather & Flood Warnings out for heavy rain overnight into Friday morning, a lull, then more later Friday into Saturday. Covers most of the West Coast and across the Central belt into Tayside & Fife.

Yeah. Looks Dire later for us here probably early tomorrow morning and a reload tomorrow night. Think it might be blowing a bit of a hoolie too along with the rain. Fun.

Posted

Got very windy within last hour.. No birds tweeting away either first night I've no heard that for a long time.. Last night was cracking pity we only got two nights of it.

St Andrews looked dire today. Although it was dry looked rather cold aswell as dull. Was a nice afternoon here with a 2 minute heavy shower at 6pm.

Posted

Turned out a nice sunny breezy day here with a maximum temperature of 20c. Cultivated last of turnips and weeds frizzled,also helped these ripen. post-2744-0-32602300-1437083479_thumb.jpBacks a bit sore after picking them this evening probably at their peak now .

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 4

Posted

Heavy rain currently. Going more or less as it was supposed to

Posted

Currently lying in bed thinking "do I really have to get up". Wind and rain battering off the windows, sounds like Autumn has arrived!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Currently lying in bed thinking "do I really have to get up". Wind and rain battering off the windows, sounds like Autumn has arrived!

Good God , whats going on up there this summer ? Just seen pictures from the Open. Some of those temps have been ridiculously low in the Northern part of the country. Have to say my last week in blighty before returning to Austria, the summer has been a good one down on the Sussex coast, warm, sunny and very dry. No rain again over night. Maybe you will be awarded with an Indian summer in the Northlands, hell you deserve it after your summer so far ! Good luck to all.

C

• Like 2

Posted

Good God , whats going on up there this summer ? Just seen pictures from the Open. Some of those temps have been ridiculously low in the Northern part of the country. Have to say my last week in blighty before returning to Austria, the summer has been a good one down on the Sussex coast, warm, sunny and very dry. No rain again over night. Maybe you will be awarded with an Indian summer in the Northlands, hell you deserve it after your summer so far ! Good luck to all.

C

Made it into work, heavy rain and lots of surface water on the roads but no major problems. Leaving at lunchtime to head down to Yorkshire initially, then near Alton Towers the second week. At least there the temps are forecast as high teens, hitting the 20s at times so it's going to feel massively better than what we have had here.

Hope the rain eases off as predicted in the afternoon or we might be delayed whilst I fit floats to the caravan and an outboard to the car. :crazy:

• Like 1

Posted

Think it's safe to say now that this is going to be classed as a wet month. Thumped down from at least 10 last night to about 20 to 6 or so this morning (More expected tonight and tomorrow too I think) The joys of a scottish summer

Edited by NUT

Posted

C

All during this heatwave, my husband has been longing for the hallowed turf of his home links courses - he's a bit gobsmacked at what he is seeing on the coverage of the Open this morning. We have even talked about going home if severe water restrictions are brought in here!

It has been a strange summer; cannot see any other in the long records where there is such a differential between the two countries. A very trying time for the agricultural communities at both ends of the spectrum. 

• Like 2