Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

What a crap dreich day again, should have stayed in Hungary, and enjoyed more of this..

post-2849-0-60995300-1438379093_thumb.jp

Some good storms whilst over there, and as promised. This arrived within minutes, and us and 400 locals ran for cover

post-2849-0-67467200-1438379212_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-66347100-1438379219_thumb.jp

Off to Truckfest at Edinburgh this weekend, any tips on the best day?

https://www.facebook.com/events/860845770594799/7

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 3

Posted

I think we're about to get rather wet yet again as clouds really thickening now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Been a decent day, 18.4c and sunny. Still too cool IMO and far, far too rare this summer (so far).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Donner und blitzen by Stonehaven...  Got a distant rumbel hier a while back but doesn't look like it's building. At 14C, perhaps not surprising :wallbash:

Posted

Down in Ayrshire for the day, some lightning nearby from the radar but just some torrential rain for a time. nice skies though :)post-26-0-79555800-1438444746_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Breezy! Cool! And at times torrential rain. At times some sun.

Wishing i was somewhere that had that big yellow thing in the sky.

Instead I'm going to Skye! In the rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Started off ok here too but now cloudy with a threat of rain about. 16.3C.

Posted

Ended up cloudy and light rain but... useable earlier. We have to rake what we can this summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Breezy! Cool! And at times torrential rain. At times some sun.

Wishing i was somewhere that had that big yellow thing in the sky.

Instead I'm going to Skye! In the rain!

And it's still raining up here! It was coming' soon like stair rods on Saturday, dry for the best part yesterday and back to stair rods this morning. Currently 14.1c. Longing for some sun....

Posted

A better morning here today after some heavy rain last night .Warmer now as well at 17c but with a strong S wind giving the swifts a chance to perform their flying acrobatics. Even the runner beans have gone green and have started to flower after a few weeks of being yellow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Reasonable here this morning after some early rain. A bit breezy but some sun through broken cloud.

Got back from holiday yesterday afternoon after a decent 2 weeks weather wise in Yorkshire/Lancashire/Staffodshire. Never hot, but usually warm enough for shorts (if you're normally used to Scottish weather) and predominately dry.

One of the first things I normally do on getting home is look at the garden, then panic at the length of grass and marvel at the growth in the veg patches. No panic this year though! Yes, the grass needs cut but its not too bad. Veg has grown, but not spectacularly, and is well behind where I would expect it to be even taking into consideration I was late in sowing much of it. Only the Tomatoes have had a noticeable spurt of growth, almost certainly as they are in a couple of 4-tier plastic greenhouses (thankfully pestering my son to keep them watered whilst I was away worked). Beans are flowering here too, but not expecting much off them. Thankfully salad leave & lettuce is easy to grow even here, so we'll have a good supply for the post-holiday panic diet.

• Like 2

Posted

Had a quite heavy shower about 10 minutes ago. I said to my folks it was going to be dry today. It's not been quite like that yet but hopefully the niggling little bursts will clear

Posted

First 20c+ day since July 11th which speaks volumes about this summer. Managed 21c earlier on with decent sunny spells.

Posted

I had an entertaining if slightly muddy weekend at the Aviemore Stopover music festival. It all started quite nicely on Friday afternoon..

post-2-0-61581300-1438617472_thumb.jpg

Then the rain arrived Friday evening, which meant ankle deep mud for Saturday. Still good fun though!

post-2-0-36762200-1438617470_thumb.jpg

Aviemore the new Glastonbury maybe?

• Like 4

Posted

I had an entertaining if slightly muddy weekend at the Aviemore Stopover music festival. It all started quite nicely on Friday afternoon..

attachicon.giffest1.jpg

Then the rain arrived Friday evening, which meant ankle deep mud for Saturday. Still good fun though!

attachicon.giffest2.jpg

Aviemore the new Glastonbury maybe?

Looks like a lot of beer got spilt on Friday night!

Small signs of some better weather coming up by next week, although anything approaching fairly dry and average temps would seem good after the past few months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well it felt almost like summer earlier this evening. Still 16C at 8:30pm, calm and the sun setting against a backdrop of broken light cloud. I must have been imagining it.

• Like 4

Posted

Well it felt almost like summer earlier this evening. Still 16C at 8:30pm, calm and the sun setting against a backdrop of broken light cloud. I must have been imagining it.

Same here. Really pleasant second half of the day. Could hear the runner beans going, 'TFFT!!'