Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

One of our most beautiful sunny mornings of late:) fruit picked yesterday to avoid too much rain. Tomatoes are ripening nicely in the greenhouse, unlike the outdoor ones which will probably fruit by December lol!

Next week looking very cool, not looking forward to it. Hoping the upturn in our weather fortunes arrives by second/third week of August.

Posted

A pic of it off the net..

Great pic. Is that yesterdays funnel cloud? Curious what site you found it on?

Posted

Did anywhere have frost last night?

It was down to 3.8C here which implies ground frost in valley bottoms.

Altnaharra had an overnight low of 1°C with a ground minimum of -1°C.

Posted

Think we about to get a little wet. Rain band knocking on the door here (and it might not exactly clear for a while either)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

What day did it say snow - canny see it?

What day did it say snow - canny see it?

Snow reported as falling but not lying on Ben Nevis summit yesterday. Possibly more to come midweek.

Cloudy and feeling cool here today in a fresh SE breeze. 13.9 C currently.

Think we about to get a little wet. Rain band knocking on the door here (and it might not exactly clear for a while either)

It's hit here in the last half hour and it's to keep raining here until Tuesday. It's like being back in Kilmacolm. In November.

Posted

Have to say local forecast for my area on netweather has been one hunded perceent accurate today as we managed to secure a section of very good hay which is now safely undercover. Showers of rain skirted round us to the south and we even managed some sun and the fresh wind was a real help.Nice and cool to at 14c for handling small bales of hay. Almost a happy farmer!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: long snowy winters, fresh spring, balmy summers, and cool crispy autumns

Checking in cos it feels like october... from our new house complete with south facing garden! Which is great as it really looks great watchn the rain lashing down into it! As this is our first garden we had oorselves a wee bbq last nite even tho it was spittn with rain n bloody cauld lol!

When does this guff weather end?

• Like 1

Posted

Rain wasn't as bad yesterday as I thought but been raining for about 9 hours or so. Not pouring with rain but constant. Not very warm either

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I just canny face talking about the weather. I need a Tardis.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Heavens! Reached a sultry high of 10.9C here today, which is the coolest July max since I started recording data in 2010.  Next 'best' is 2012 at 11.6C. 

I don't mind admitting I'm enjoying this weather.  No hayfever to speak of, no sun hat, no sweating while working :)  There's a lady at work who is loving it too but I'm not sure many other folk out there are enjoying it!  God awful flies this year, though.  Flippin great big raisins trying to crawl in your ears.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Max of 12.8c

Nah, I'm out lads.

I'll catch you all in September....

Rained fairly consistently for over 30 hours now

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Been a rotten summer so far, only managed two trips away in our campervan for the whole year. Last week's trip to Gairloch was abandoned after two days as we we're having to sit in our sleeping bags in the evenings in order to avoid frostbite.

It's helped with one thing though, definitely off to France for a summer holiday next year, stuff the staycation idea.

Any early thoughts on winter?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Jeez guys, what's happened to summer here??  Been away for my hols, come home in my shorts and nearly get frostbite!  Drove from Hull to home today with the car thermo sinking to 10C at Drumochter, heavy incessant rain through Dumfries and Lanarkshires and pretty poor at home too. Runner beans look frost-damaged and yellow when they should be starting to produce small pods... I really dare not describe the weather where I've been as I'd be lynched.

• Like 6

Posted

Wasn't a excessively wet day but again wasn't very nice. Can't remember July being this poor for quite a few years

• Like 1

Charterhall peaked at 11ºC today, over 8ºC below average. Tomorrow is forecast to be the same.

SWS: Do I get my prize now for saying there was nothing suggesting anything summery in the charts a month or so ago?

Posted

Torrential rain here this morning on NE wind off the Firth making up for the dryer weather here last week.    Currently 9c  

If as stated on the model thread there is a chance of an air frost at the end of this week I for one think there something very strange about the weather this summer when in 50 odd years this time of the year is frost free in my experience.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Torrential rain here this morning on NE wind off the Firth making up for the dryer weather here last week.    Currently 9c  

If as stated on the model thread there is a chance of an air frost at the end of this week I for one think there something very strange about the weather this summer when in 50 odd years this time of the year is frost free in my experience.

The cold summer in Scotland has even been mentioned in the press over here. The glaciers in Europe are taking a real bashing at the moment with very little summer ski-ing to be had during the recent Euro heat. Your cold , our heat, weird weather for you lot and talk of frost up north during this week. Has turned a bit cooler here during the past few days, but humidity has been high.

C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well I'm starting my 4th week here in Kent (another 10 days to go) and can't believe what home is getting!   Really can't complain about the summer here as it has been warm and sunny for the most part even hot on some days.   Been pretty cool and breezy since Friday and rained the whole day on Sunday but that's about it really.  My son and his partner came down from Fife for a few days  and couldn't believe the difference either and actually went back with a tan!

One for the record books I think.   Certainly agree with the term north/south split!

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Well I'm starting my 4th week here in Kent (another 10 days to go) and can't believe what home is getting!   Really can't complain about the summer here as it has been warm and sunny for the most part even hot on some days.   Been pretty cool and breezy since Friday and rained the whole day on Sunday but that's about it really.  My son and his partner came down from Fife for a few days  and couldn't believe the difference either and actually went back with a tan!

One for the record books I think.   Certainly agree with the term north/south split!

Hi Blitzen, I left Sussex a week ago to go back to Austria. The summer had been good in Sussex with lots of sunshine and warmth and on leaving Gatwick the ground looked parched. I think things have turned for the worst during the past week down there. Just an numbing run of below average temps for much of Scotland, particularly north of the Great Glen and the outer Islands and lack of sunshine this summer so far.

C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

There is a possibility of snow not only falling but lying temporarily on Thursday on the Cairngorms summits. This would be exceptional for the end of July.

Here raining quite heavily at 11.0C with a cold NE breeze.

Posted

Who left the fridge door open. Just back from a nice long break soaking up the heatwave in Hungary, and return to this!!! Heating on in July. grrrrrrrrr

On the plus side saw some cracking storms this last few weeks, will try and post pics later.

Any news or views on August, or do we just get the winter gear out now?

• Like 1

Posted

Thought the rain was bad this week as it is in the last hour it's been absolutely lashing down probably the heaviest it's been since this front came in during Sunday. Unbelieveable this

Thought the rain was bad this week as it is in the last hour it's been absolutely lashing down probably the heaviest it's been since this front came in during Sunday. Unbelieveable this

Aye John, there're some heavy bursts in there. Rather surprisingly it's bone dry here at the moment, there's been no rain for hours now yet vast swathes of Scotland are under a persistent rain band.