Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Summer yesterday, back to Autumn today!

Yep, uniform sheet of grey cloud, light drizzle, 13C and quite blustery. Yesterday evening was our summer!

Posted

Yep, uniform sheet of grey cloud, light drizzle, 13C and quite blustery. Yesterday evening was our summer!

Never fear it will hopefully put in another appearance this month (and hopefully, for the kids' sake, before the end of the summer holidays!)

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Been waiting 2 months for a dry weekend to paint my shed and decklng. Seems kind of pointless now the nights are drawing in! :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Haven't heard the wind in the trees like this for a while... quite breezy out just now, Ms HC returning from a day out looking a bit windswept and red-eyed.  Decent growing day out of the wind though, warmish and patchy sunshine.  Even got a few minutes rain earlier.

Posted

Haven't heard the wind in the trees like this for a while... quite breezy out just now, Ms HC returning from a day out looking a bit windswept and red-eyed.  Decent growing day out of the wind though, warmish and patchy sunshine.  Even got a few minutes rain earlier.

Yes fabulous weather wind and sun for haymaking in spite of a shower mid afternoon baled another batch of good hay late afternoon early evening. Grass not too mature in spite of being about three weeks behind  haymaking. Quite warm too  yesterday at about 21c mid afternoon.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 3

Posted

Yes fabulous weather wind and sun for haymaking in spite of a shower mid afternoon baled another batch of good hay late afternoon early evening. Grass not too mature in spite of being about three weeks behind  haymaking. Quite warm too  yesterday at about 21c mid afternoon.

Good that the summer's finally coming right - even if it's a couple of months late. I have a horrible feeling yesterday might have been a blip though!

Good that the summer's finally coming right - even if it's a couple of months late. I have a horrible feeling yesterday might have been a blip though!

The weather still looks set to be dominated by westerly to south-westerly winds over the next ten days, so the north-west / south-east split will remain, particularly given how relatively cool the Atlantic remains.

Posted

The weather still looks set to be dominated by westerly to south-westerly winds over the next ten days, so the north-west / south-east split will remain, particularly given how relatively cool the Atlantic remains.

West to south-westerly beats north-westerly at this time of year; that would really be baaad.

Even today wasn't too crap here as we're quite favoured by the topography when it comes from that direction.

• Like 1

Posted

West to south-westerly beats north-westerly at this time of year; that would really be baaad.

Even today wasn't too crap here as we're quite favoured by the topography when it comes from that direction.

I would second that.

Posted

Lovely so far (after earlier drizzle) keep hinting at a lovely spell at one point on the MO thread. Hope it comes true

Edited by NUT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Lovely so far (after earlier drizzle) keep hinting at a lovely spell at one point on the MO thread. Hope it comes true

lovely spell i would quite happily settle for slightly below average nice morning bright and breezy 17.1c feels very warm (hot) in the sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Bright and breezy here this afternoon after a cloudy morning. Feeling mild with a max of 19.1C.

Posted

Bright and breezy here this afternoon after a cloudy morning. Feeling mild with a max of 19.1C.

Similar here, though Leuchars cracked 20c for only the second time since July 11th. A pretty standard summer's day but this year it feels special!

• Like 1

Posted

We went for a walk on the beach and it rained.

See the BBC headline for tomorrow's weather: 'showers in places'... Useful, eh?

Also, Glasgow bin lorry driver suspended. Talk about stable doors being closed after the horse has bolted... I mean, how many incompetencies does it take?

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

Another lovely day here. Was a little concerned with way cloud was building at half past 9. Did look like maybe a shower would brew at one point here but that's levelled out into just normal cloud (if you can call it that) Sunny with a bit of cloud around and blue sky. Quite warm too. Not too shabby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cracking day here too. Feeling warmer than the 19C current temperature.

Posted

It's certainly been better here since the calendar flipped to August. Max temperatures averaging 19.3c at Leuchars which is where we should be for the time of year, not the 14c-18c readings we saw so often in July. Only 8mm of rain to go with 43 hours of sun. Nothing startling but typical summer conditions rather than the dross we endured in July.

Posted

Started sunny but cloud's already starting to come in with the wind picking up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

It's certainly been better here since the calendar flipped to August. Max temperatures averaging 19.3c at Leuchars which is where we should be for the time of year, not the 14c-18c readings we saw so often in July. Only 8mm of rain to go with 43 hours of sun. Nothing startling but typical summer conditions rather than the dross we endured in July.

Still **** here. Only broken 19c a coupe occasions so far. (Today may break 19c)

Maxes wise we are running 1.5-2c below normal. Better than July and shouldn't be for off normal by the end of the month (nights have been a little warmer than July certainly)

I'm still very annoyed.

Away to take some Valium, brb.

I am away Tuesday so at least I'll see some sunshine and more importantly heat.

Although, how much sunshine I'll actually experience is debatable.

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted

In Glasgow visiting my new grandson :) looks like rain from a nice start ..

At least you got the nice start...

Grey day in Caithness (at least a breeze to... oh cmon you know the speel) ended with heavy rain and 12C. Good old Highland summer weather.

Posted

At least you got the nice start...

Grey day in Caithness (at least a breeze to... oh cmon you know the speel) ended with heavy rain and 12C. Good old Highland summer weather.

Not a bad day earlier on with a burst of rain arrving at about 5.00pm but leaving behind a very overcast dark evening and a howling wind at 13c  which could easily be October.

Starting to notice how far behind the spring cereals are as it was the Black Isle show last Thursday and we normally are about ten days from harvst then but its so green I would say its a month away yet.We need heat and dry or Frost and dry to ripen it now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Similar story here today. It started out quite warm and sunny, but with a bit of a breeze. Late afternoon though the cloud cover increased and without the sun the wind felt cold, then we got some spots of rain. Oh well, I suppose half a day is better than nothing.