Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Tbf, I can't complaining returning to 21.5c, cloudy and fairly humid.

Just perfect when returning from somewhere far hotter. Not too cold but warm enough. Too hungover to deal with any real sunshine.

(Slightly off topic) but did anyone see the photos of the T-storm which hit Magaluf?

Flooded the streets with water, absolutely gushing.

Extremely loud thunder too although no lightning. Had been lightning the previous two nights though.

Tbh, I didn't find the heat too excessive, but after a few weeks it would be too much.

30c+ is only tolerable for so long. Ie less than 14 days solid.

Try 54! I'm loving being back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Peshing doon here now but haven't heard any thunder so far. Temp 15C but sticky.

The wind just starting to pick up

It's still more or less dry here, we've missed the worst of any rain. I went out along the road for a wee walk a little while ago and saw some distant lightning but it must have been a good distance away. I've also remembered how dark it is out in the countryside...waw!!! I was a little terrified.

Posted

Rain here now. Radar looks promising enough but it seems there is no lightning in Scotland now.

Posted

14c and 95% humidity and still in Inverness. Feels like something ought to happen, but radar and lightning detector suggest nothing other than heavy rain in Eastern Scotland?

Edited by skifreak

Posted

14c and 95% humidity and still in Inverness. Feels like something ought to happen, but radar and lightning detector suggest nothing other than heavy rain in Eastern Scotland?

Unless it peps up again it does look like the main thundery activity died of death

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well there must have been some more lightning cos the wife am I heard a couple of rumbles of thunder around half past midnight. Had been some pretty torrential rain here a bit earlier too.

I was put waking on the Cairngorms yesterday. Decent day but the sun never really got out from behind copious high cloud. Felt pretty chilly once up on the tops in a brisk wind. Still some quite big snow patches on the slopes of Ben Macdui,which I expect are highly likely to survive though to the next snows now, unless we get a mild wet autumn. I too some pictures which I'll try to post later.

Posted

Good thunder and lightning display here last night and in the ten years I've lived here we've had a few impressive storms. I may live in one of the worst places in Scotland for snowfall but it's a pretty decent location for thunderstorms, it would seem!

Posted

Very nice day here now with temperatures just below 22'C - think there was some serious rainfall overnight though.

Posted

Very nice day here now with temperatures just below 22'C - think there was some serious rainfall overnight though.

Missed most  of the rain but today with a strong southerly wind  hazy blue skies and similar temperature is probably the first day of high summer weather we have had all be it with no swifts as they  seem to have headed off .Just like the weather to do this when the hay is finished too. Cattle very content on fresh aftermaths .

• Like 1

Posted

Torriental downpours in Glasgow overnight and according to the lightning radars there was some lightning in the area around 4am.. I did wake up at one point and seen how heavy the rain was and the Met Office radar showed some white bits in with the red so must have been as heavy as you could get.. Clear skies this morning but windy..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I think we missed all but a sprinkling overnight. This morning was a cracker though, warm and sunny.  Could do with the rest of the summer like this! Except it won't be - just looked at the forecast :unsure2:

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Unexpectedly warm here at 26.4'C.

Posted

Interesting spread of temperatures today with many places away from the immediate east coast enjoying a warm summer's day (at last). Pleasant enough here in the sunshine but a cool breeze. Selected max readings so far:

Lerwick 17c

Aberdeen 18c

Leuchars 18c

Kirkwall 19c

Aviemore 23c

Inverness 24c

Edinburgh 24c

Glasgow 25c

Aultbea 25c

Prestwick 26c

Edited by Hawesy

Posted

Yup! Shieldaig is at 28'C and Lochcarron at 27'C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Very, very wet overnight here. Huge puddles everywhere. Awful.

Still, great day today. 26.4c an very sunny. Shame it don't to last. Quite breezy

The only small reward for having to get up to go to work early on a Sunday is that you get to see things like this when you're leaving the house which you would otherwise miss. As any amateur photographer would say "the photo disnae dae it justice", it really doesn't. The sunlight was surreal, it was a lovely wee moment:

post-2844-0-64716900-1440353505_thumb.jp

We've had a lovely sunny day here, although the breeze has been somewhat stiff :D Last night's rain is edging back for a second go at us, it could be a wet night for some places.

I wonder if tonight's ECM will stick with the Atlantic blocking, that could give us a much more settled, if slightly cool, start to September.

Posted

A cool but settled September that is like the good old days bring it on.. I remember the 90s and even early 00s September was always a good month and could do a lot outdoors.. Only overnight could be cold but pleasant during the day...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

The sky is soooooo ominous, please something happen!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Windy but hazy here today and still mild. Warmer inland in the highlands though but still hazy and gusty. Very blowy on the tops with what I imagine is a very rare Summer 100 mph+ wind on Cairngorm summit.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city?LANG=en&SI=mph&CEL=C&WMO=03065&TIME=std&CONT=ukuk&R=0&LEVEL=140%C2%AEION=0003&LAND=__&ART=wind&NOREGION=0&PLZ=&PLZN=&SORT=__&TEMP=___&WETTER=__&&TYP=__&SEITE=0

Posted

Rain band taking it's time to get here. Still looks really quite sharp too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Huge lightning flash earlier.

Most of the rain recently has been of the torrential or very heavy variety. Tonight since 8:15pm has been no different... Horrendous.

Brb, away to build an ark...

Edited by SW Saltire