Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

A decent day yesterday, dry with 10 hours of sun and a max of 20c. Today should be similar so can't complain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Turning out to be a pleasant enough weekend with some sunny spells.  However the outlook for the week for folk on exposed east to north-facing coasts is pretty crap to be honest, with misplaced joy and a pattern-changing HP to our west. dog biscuits to the weather.

Dog biscuits? Oh yeah...

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Not been a bad couple days. Yesterday reached 20.7c, previous day 20.1c.

Very sunny start to te day today, beautiful crystal clear skies. Currently a warm feeling (no breeze) 14.5c

Turning out to be a pleasant enough weekend with some sunny spells.  However the outlook for the week for folk on exposed east to north-facing coasts is pretty crap to be honest, with misplaced joy and a pattern-changing HP to our west. dog biscuits to the weather.

Dog biscuits? Oh yeah...

Aye, I know, after hyping the HP it's looking as if it'll be a little miserable for some. I'm not far from the North Sea here so that'll probs include me.

I like your updated avatar, especially the tagline above it :D :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Decent weekend, maybe even 'good' in comparison to most this year. Saturday was warm, high teens, but quite breezy and a fir amount of broken cloud. Sunday was a tad better, hit at least 20C if my car thermometer is to be believed. Still breezy, but not quite as much as Saturday. Still cloud about too, but again not as much as Saturday so more likely to get some direct sun. Even tempted me into a rare outing in a pair of shorts whilst I did the gardening. Tried to sit out in the garden too for a bit, but sods law kicked in as every time we tried it a cloud would roll over the sun, only to move on after we'd decided to 'get on with something'.

This morning is kind of cloudy and much cooler at 14.5C. Not that I'm complaining because compared to Weds current forecast for here, a very windy 11C, today will feel positively balmy.

Posted

Aye, I know, after hyping the HP it's looking as if it'll be a little miserable for some. I'm not far from the North Sea here so that'll probs include me.

I like your updated avatar, especially the tagline above it :D :D

Hopefully a bit of midweek pain will be rewarded when the bugger drifts east... :whistling:

edit... midweek pain is arrived a bit early with a couple of sharp showers just now :blink2:

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

Another 'half' day. Started fantastically, cloud bubbled up but was still over 20c, car was reading 28c as it had been sitting in the sun so was quite toasty when I jumped in it for only the 10th time (roughly) this summer.

However, by 4pm it was very cloudy and breezy, showers mainly avoided us but were present in the surrounding area.

Ended - cool, overcast, dark and breezy. Meh.

Posted

Having just jumped here from the Scottish Politics thread, what happened to our 'Scotland' badge that we used to have on this thread? As for the weather, its dark and it doesn't appear to be raining just now! 

Posted

September starts off cloudy and cool....

Interestingly August ended up pretty decent here in terms of the stats. Sunshine just above average, rainfall just below, temperatures almost bang on the average. Certainly not a great summer month (highest temp was only 22c) but a notable improvement on July....

Posted

Hectic week end washing sheds for grain once they were cleared of curing hay which has finally all been stacked. at least the weather was fairly dry but this morning there is heavy rain and a very  grey sky. Currently 10c.

• Like 1

Posted

Frequent heavy showers this morning just starting to fade now.  Outlook for next week seems to be improving for the north - slightly warmer and clearer skies. 

Posted

Some showers around but decent day this far (hopefully remaining better unlike yesterday)

Currently 17.2c and sunny.

Big dark clouds incoming though from the SSW

Posted

Heavy showers moved in late this afternoon, accompanied by thunder. Lots of standing water on the roads. Temp was down to just 10c when I got home, autumnal indeed.

Posted

Hectic week end washing sheds for grain once they were cleared of curing hay which has finally all been stacked. at least the weather was fairly dry but this morning there is heavy rain and a very  grey sky. Currently 10c.

Officialy 1 inch of rain since last night and still coming according to the rain gauge at Brodie just a few miles away  going to make combining interesting if it does"nt stop soon

Posted

Absolutely torrential rain now, begining to remind me of "Bertha" on 11th August last year.

Posted

Officialy 1 inch of rain since last night and still coming according to the rain gauge at Brodie just a few miles away  going to make combining interesting if it does"nt stop soon

Yes, and I was wrong when I wrote earlier that the showers here were fading. They intensified instead - reckon we were in the firing line for about 12 hours.  The moat that forms in heavy rain has appeared for the first time for ages.  Ms HC went out for a run earlier ;)

Also... been watching 'Fortitude' to get my snow fix - well I didn't because although it was filmed in Iceland, they didn't get real snow, so had to make it. And unfortunately it was pretty obvious!  Good yarn all the same.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Mornin' Campers! Ye Gods! It's a bit nippy this morning, only 8c, cloudy and calm. Any chance we may get a nice warm(ish) September?

Mornin' Campers! Ye Gods! It's a bit nippy this morning, only 8c, cloudy and calm. Any chance we may get a nice warm(ish) September?

We should get a few decent days as the HP sinks into the continent, after that it's opened back up to the cold Atlantic by around the 10th onwards. The ECM-GFS 500mb mean charts back this up, so I'm guessing once the HP has gone it's gone and we're back to cool westerlies for a good chunk of the rest of September.

ECM & GFS aren't a million miles away from each other so I've only posted up charts from the ECM to give an overall picture, last chart is the ECM-GFS 500mb mean, other charts are in chronological order showing pressure and the 850 temps:

post-2844-0-55109500-1441185616_thumb.gipost-2844-0-78685400-1441185614_thumb.gi

post-2844-0-56288600-1441185619_thumb.gipost-2844-0-08622200-1441185618_thumb.gi

post-2844-0-65367100-1441185622_thumb.gipost-2844-0-21058600-1441185621_thumb.gi

post-2844-0-16959100-1441185624_thumb.gi

post-2844-0-20405900-1441185627_thumb.gipost-2844-0-67692300-1441185625_thumb.gi

post-2844-0-37167100-1441185657_thumb.gipost-2844-0-81045300-1441185628_thumb.gi

post-2844-0-81516300-1441185655_thumb.gi

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cool and mostly cloudy here with just a few light showers about, unlike yesterday which had a bit of thunder and lightning too. Currently 13.3C with a Northerly breeze.

Posted

Well Thomas Stufferknickers said today would be the same as yesterday. Right? Wrong.  Not bad so far, although it's decidedly chilly out!

• Like 1

Posted

A real gloomy chilly October day here with  a fresh N wind and fairly occasional sharp showers mixed with more drizzly ones.  A maximum temperature of 9c.                 

Ground now saturated ,will be a few days before the spring barley dries again to allow combining. A concern now mounting is the large area of cereals still relatively green in this area thus making an October harvest very likely. Our two fields after ploughed up grass being candidates.

Posted

Still feeling wintry out there again today with a moderate to fresh N wind and mist and heavy drizzle rolling in off the Firth,currently 8.5c.Will try to take in weaned calves today for the winter.

Currently forecasting a very grumpy old farmer until the sun shines again

• Like 2

Posted

Not that bad, 16c, partly sunny.

Yesterday was poor though, at night it felt chilly at around 10c by 9pm and very dark by then too.

Recent days have been better, although rather uninspiring. Broken 17c everyday for the last 5 or so