Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Lol no... Combination of bad genes and wear and tear. :wallbash:

I'm sure you'll bounce back...

'Wear and tear' will hit us all at some point, unfortunately.

At least the weather has been warmer recently but pretty wet tonight it must be said, almost totally dark by 8pm. Had an (dare I say it) autumnal feel... :(

I'm sure you'll bounce back...

'Wear and tear' will hit us all at some point, unfortunately.

At least the weather has been warmer recently but pretty wet tonight it must be said, almost totally dark by 8pm. Had an (dare I say it) autumnal feel... :(

It won't feel like autumn tonight, ridiculous min temps plus huge humidity:

post-2844-0-30304200-1440058075_thumb.pnpost-2844-0-78402300-1440058072_thumb.pn

That's for 3am :crazy:

Then we've got a risk of storms in the SE on Saturday, with some big temp variations in various locations of the country:

post-2844-0-25237900-1440058255_thumb.pnpost-2844-0-81622100-1440058257_thumb.pn

Also, some huge rainfall totals as a band of rain swirls round the south of the country, SWS get yer boat ready:

post-2844-0-39995800-1440058507_thumb.gi

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

It won't feel like autumn tonight, ridiculous min temps plus huge humidity:

attachicon.gif20th August GFS 00z +23hrs Temp.pngattachicon.gif

20th August GFS 00z +23hrs SC.png

That's for 3am :crazy:

Then we've got a risk of storms in the SE on Saturday, with some big temp variations in various locations of the country:

attachicon.gif 20th August GFS 00z +66hrs Storm Risk.pngattachicon.gif20th August GFS 00z +66hrs Temp.png

Also, some huge rainfall totals as a band of rain swirls round the south of the country, SWS get yer boat ready:

attachicon.gif20th August GFS 00z +96hrs Rain Accum.gif

Cheers for the informative post :)

Yeah, I saw that rainfall accumulation chart and you couldn't make it up!

Also, the heat bottled just to my SE is horrible but I remembered I'm in Cumbria Saturday so depending on exactly where I am, it may be rather warm which would be nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Catch, you were right, it's currently 16.6C outside. That's warmer than many daytime temps recently!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Very mild here this morning and we've had a couple of really nice days too! But I guess that'll be our summer for this year then! Dare I say it, it's beginning to feel just a teensy bit Autumnal? I don't mind that really, Autumn being my favourite season. But it's still a bit early! I've only got about 7 weeks left to work and then the season ends. So I'll go from having two jobs to none! Not to worry, got plenty to do at home, pity I don't get paid for it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Police are probing the theft of about 250 ewes and lambs in Dumfries and Galloway.

Was that ewe, SWS? Talking of crap jokes, this one tickled me: 'My cat is recovering from a massive stroke'!

Which is my cue for a weather report: no wind, no sun, no rain, 100% stratus... :lazy:

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Not sure that it was looking all that great for the weekend now it not looking half bad at all I got to admit

Posted

Was that ewe, SWS? Talking of crap jokes, this one tickled me: 'My cat is recovering from a massive stroke'!

Which is my cue for a weather report: no wind, no sun, no rain, 100% stratus... :lazy:

Lel....

Took me far too long to get that joke tbh.

Still a distinct lack of sunshine here, ground very wet. This does not bode well for how the ground will

hold up to the (potentially, still up in the air) apocalyptically high forecasted levels of rainfall in the coming days.

Perhaps I'm exaggerating a little but it does seem like a lot of rain could fall... Especially for 'summer'!

- whatever 'summer' is. You know that season which contains the long nights of June and then average maxes of 19.5c and 19.4c in July and August, respectively.

I heard on CFM at work that it has been the worst summer since 1993 in Cumbria. Can't be fairing much better here....

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted

Well a different story on this side  of the  Firth a fresh to strong SW wind sunny periods and low 20s c.   A heavy shower came down the Cawdor hills about 1.30pm  (came to within two miles of us)   and then slipped off north across the Firth giving us a completely dry day..Baled the last of the hay in great order and even managed some for a neighbour. Young Mr. Northernlights has just finished taking it in as I type.Only a month late but better late than never. Spring barley harvest  is still two weeks away.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted

Could tonight go crash, bang wallop I wonder? Looking interesting for later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Looks interesting tonight although I'm probably too far west :D

Posted

3 days in a row (Wed-Fri) we've reached 21c here in NE Fife though sunshine amounts have been modest. The combination of warm days and mild nights has almost brought the monthly mean back to average.

Early sunshine today has been replaced by cloudy skies, 18c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Central and Southern Scotland are now under the warming for heavy rain and then thundery downpours! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Well a different story on this side  of the  Firth a fresh to strong SW wind sunny periods and low 20s c.   A heavy shower came down the Cawdor hills about 1.30pm  (came to within two miles of us)   and then slipped off north across the Firth giving us a completely dry day..Baled the last of the hay in great order and even managed some for a neighbour.Mr. Northernlights has just finished taking it in as I type.Only a month late but better late than never. Spring barley harvest  is still two weeks away.

To balance that up, yesterday afternoon was ok. We missed the rain altogether and the sun made a few vague appearances.

A similar if not rather better picture this morning - feels quite warm in the yard.

Good to read you're making progress on the farm - your reports from a month or so ago were becoming almost apocalyptic (sp?) !

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

All starting to erupt down south now. Maybe a good sign for us later tonight? Guess we'll find out later on

Posted

Threat of torrential rain tonight does not fill me with glee. Fields are very saturated, ridiculous for summer.

On a brighter note, tomorrow may be the warmest day for quite some time (maybe 10 months) as we are forecasted 24c. Depends how strong that ESEly wind is but I'm quite sheltered here so could breach 25c for the first time in ages.

One last hurrah of summer?....

Let's hope we get a good September, otherwise I expect a snowfest in winter to compensate.

(2013 and 2014 were good so can't complain really)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

It's gone dark here and it's an hour before sunset, 'mon the storms!!! :D :D

Aye. Incoming!

Sky has just gone really dark and heard our first big boom of thunder.

No had that in a while. Had a crackin lightning storm in France on hols but couldn't report due to basically no internet.

Oh, that's the rain on! 

EDIT.

Dug retreated from the gairden in a hurry. Torrential now.

EDIT

More thunder in the distance, but nae lightening viewable from the windae.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Just wondering if this band of weather going to pivot towards us or something might form out of nothing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Pretty decent thunderstorm here.

Just had our first lightning lighting up the sky after plenty of distant rumbles.

Biblical rain.

EDIT

Regular lightning now. Some real sky light ups and booms.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Humidity seems to be on the rise got quite stuffy again all of a sudden

Posted

Very heavy rain here in Crail, thunder and lightning off and on for the last 45 minutes or so.

Posted

Seems to be moving slightly west... might miss Aberdeen altogether.

Posted

Perhaps a little less thundery the rain but still a hell of a lot of it falling up the eastern side currently