Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Can barely see my hands due to fog....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Can barely see my hands due to fog....

Keep your hands to yourself SWS, fog's no excuse!

Clear but still cloudy and chilly up here - midges are getting pretty numerous too as there's barely a breath of wind.

Posted

Still really struggling to brighten up. Had completely cleared by this time yesterday

Posted

Keep your hands to yourself SWS, fog's no excuse!

Clear but still cloudy and chilly up here - midges are getting pretty numerous too as there's barely a breath of wind.

Haha, I can see my hands inside the house.... ;)

Still very cloudy.... I hope tomorrow's better. I leave for work at 1pm so really I want a sunny morning and early afternoon, I'm not too bothered what it's like until 7 again and tbh, the sun is getting too weak by then. It was borderline chill by 7 last night (well, 15c but startin to really drop.

Can't see this fog clearing soon tbh :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Overcast and kind of hazy here too. Was mistier earlier so has cleared a little, but not really enough to make any real difference. Temp up to a measly 11.0C at noon, compared to 14.6C at the same time yesterday even although the wind direction has changed from a northerly to more of a southerly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Haha, I can see my hands inside the house.... ;)

Still very cloudy.... I hope tomorrow's better. I leave for work at 1pm so really I want a sunny morning and early afternoon, I'm not too bothered what it's like until 7 again and tbh, the sun is getting too weak by then. It was borderline chill by 7 last night (well, 15c but startin to really drop.

Can't see this fog clearing soon tbh :(

post-4537-0-82109700-1441711117_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted

Totally cleared by 1pm, sunny all day thereafter. 18.7c as a max.

Grrrr.... As I didn't see any of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

clear blue skies since 8 am this morning after a misty start.  The mist rolled in again about 8 pm tonight but twelve hours of wall to wall sunshine and perfect temps is no too bad.

Posted

One hour of sunshine in the middle of the day so no combining .  Sea fog rolled in again  early pm   Hope the breezier end of week materialises.

Posted

After two very sunny and pleasantly warm days today was cool, overcast and dreich. Just 12.6c for a high.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Mornin' Peeps! Third day in a row for wall to wall sunshine up here, and not before time! Stunning days, chilly nights = big fire on! I hope it doesn't stay too cold too long as our central heating boiler has decided to pack in and it could take a wee while to get the part we need. Did someone say that tourists were in short supply? Can we send you some? They are still here in their droves and I struggle to get parked in Portree. Been one of the busiest summers in many a year with hotels remaining fully booked and turning away others. Likewise with self catering and B&B. Roll on October so I can get a wee rest!

Posted

Grateful to the fog as it's very much wanted when I'm so hungover.

Thank god it isn't sunny.

Probably be a repeat of yesterday...

Posted

Cloudy af. Much appreciated... God has my back

13.4c, cloudy. Breezy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Two successive days of dull cool, North Sea type weather here. Temp 11.6C and has hardly varied day or night in the light South Easterly breeze.

Posted

Another grey non entity of a day in Inverness, meanwhile it's nudged over 20ºc at Loch Morlich under clear skies now an early inversion layer burnt off.

post-4009-0-45735200-1441807887_thumb.jp

Edited by skifreak
  • Like 1

Posted

Studying forecasts on here as sea fog only dispersed about two  hours ago so not enough time to dry off the grain but if we start to get a wind overnight tomorrow should be better. Frustrating not to be combining with blue skies and really ripe barley. Currently 13c after 5c at 6.00am this morning(fog cleared a bit for an hour)  when  I loaded the wet grain we cut on Monday onto a lorry. Quality fine but miosture a bit high.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Sun came out briefly...............but it's disappeared again. Hope this south easterly kicks in tomorrow and it brightens up a bit (weekend not looking too great)

Posted

Another grey non entity of a day in Inverness, meanwhile it's nudged over 20ºc at Loch Morlich under clear skies now an early inversion layer burnt off.

attachicon.gifmorlich-2015.09.09.15.jpeg

Was inspired to head down to Morlich this afternoon after you posted this, not bad, had ice-cream in the sun on a beach during the summer(ish) of 2015. Can now count it as officially having something summery within it!

post-2-0-50788700-1441829803_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-82321800-1441829813_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Was inspired to head down to Morlich this afternoon after you posted this, not bad, had ice-cream in the sun on a beach during the summer(ish) of 2015. Can now count it as officially having something summery within it!

attachicon.gifIMAG0113 (1).jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0116 (1).jpg

Beautiful !!!.....twas grey and dreary down south.

Midges??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

attachicon.gifIMAG0113 (1).jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0116 (1).jpg

Pity you weren't up there in 1995! :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

• Like 3