Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Very briefly as the sun was going down the skies seemed to clear...................but it's clouded in again

Posted

More cloud again today but that because of rain on the way. Bit of a disappointing weekend in all after a cracking friday

More cloud again today but that because of rain on the way. Bit of a disappointing weekend in all after a cracking Friday

We had a blast of summer here yesterday, temps up to 19ºC and decent sunshine. Grey skies today though, and rain on the way for later.

It looks as if the next week to ten days will be dominated by westerly winds, so prepare for a damp time way out west, we should escape the worst away over this side though.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

This bought a smile to my face! Thought i would share it here..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 4

Posted

That makes 2 of us

Well dont worry, You 2 are certainly not on your own..

Was there today when that happened. Preacher was yelling scripture while condemning everyone and people literally just ignored him. A few managers from restaurants came out of their shops to tell him to shut up but of course microphone and amp reigns supreme... until... enter bagpipes. Funniest part was he was yelling so loud into the microphone that it was really difficult to hear what he was actually saying and i was right next him. best part was he kept losing his voice from all the yelling.

Posted

Driizzly/rainy day but mild and calm.  A few photos of the latest calf to be named Snowflake with her mother and grandmother.post-2744-0-90999400-1442874438_thumb.jppost-2744-0-84502100-1442874449_thumb.jp

Another photo shows two more of the latest arrivals.post-2744-0-35419700-1442874464_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted

Has the weather been cancelled today in Scotland?  :closedeyes:

More or less calm dull and drizzly  and currently 11c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Clear here now with a really bright half moon. A fine evening in SW Glasgow too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Creeping towards that time of year again...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-34323967

Scots 'have 421 words' for snow

Scotland has more than 400 words and expressions for snow, according to a project to compile a Scots thesaurus.

Academics have officially logged 421 terms - including "snaw" (snow), "sneesl" (to begin to rain or snow) and "skelf" (a large snowflake)...

Sounds like we can give Eskimos a run for their money.
  • Like 2

Posted

So many showers coming along it looks like for tomorrow, Would be a creamer of a situation if say it was a few months later on in the year perhaps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Hey, the sun is shining here this morning. OK, it hasn't been completely absent over the last few days but overall it's been a fairly bland period of weather, hence the lack of posts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Just had a nice wee squall line zoom through with some decent action on it. The new 500m radar is excellent, not been anything recently to test it out with.

Here are a couple of screen images at different zooms, precision much improved.

post-7292-0-75886700-1443102941_thumb.pnpost-7292-0-93221100-1443102938_thumb.pn

One day away from the start of October and the models serve up this... jeez.

post-7292-0-93817000-1443103398_thumb.pn

#at it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Hope you guys enjoy the Indian summer over the next couple of weeks.After spending all summer working in the rain thought i would treat myself to a sunshine break I'm off to majorca on monday.The forecast looks better in costa del callander this weekend

• Like 2

Posted

Wasn't as wet as I thought it might have been today but we did get some showers a drier trend developing it looks like. Last couple of days a blip as to what..............well really not been that bad a couple of months really

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A touch of new lying snow on Nevis and the highest Cairngorms today. Later than in recent years. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Just had a nice wee squall line zoom through with some decent action on it. The new 500m radar is excellent, not been anything recently to test it out with.

Here are a couple of screen images at different zooms, precision much improved.

attachicon.gifRadar.PNGattachicon.gifradar zoom.PNG

One day away from the start of October and the models serve up this... jeez.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

#at it

Ahoy me hearty...

Not too sure about the higher rez radar - it's still showing anaprop for me so more precision but no more accuracy.  However it does look pretty :air_kiss:

Big heavy showers blowing through today after a lovely sunny autumnal start.  Then sunshine and upper teens temps next week for the Moray Firth :air_kiss:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Creeping towards that time of year again...

Sounds like we can give Eskimos a run for their money.

Yeah except it's a misleading headline - it's Scots language, not the people. How many of us have heard of more than 'snaw'?  Anyway, I thought 'snizzle' was light snow...  I'm looking forward to a snowy one this time as my job that's kept me coastal for the last 3 winters has finished. With some contractual crap to get out of the way, I might get to spend this winter half way up a mountain...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Disappointing  for us here as we kept the cloud the whole day.   Reached 15.3c max and now sitting at 14.2c.

Last time we had a bout of high pressure, the same thing happened if I remember correctly.  Anyhoo, latest forecast seems to think that eastern Scotland should be  sunnier  tomorrow - so here's hoping! :)

Posted

Was cloudy all day during daylight hours. Now it's got dark............it's completely clear. Couldn't make it up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Cloudy here all day too, frustratingly thin stuff at times but enough to hide the sun. Far from awful though, dry, mild and windless.