Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Morning all,

Ravelin, I'm fortunate to have an extra couple of days holiday because of the Open.....a few months back I was thinking 'that'll be great, I'll get out in the garden....little did I think I'd be lying in bed thinking "thank god I don't need to get up and go out in that."'

Really dismal in NE Fife this morning as the scenes from St Andrews show. It was the intensity of the rainfall rather than the total amount that caused the issues for the Old Course. The rain should clear shortly but wind will be the next issue, likely gusting up to or above 40mph later today and tomorrow.

I see there was 35mm at Strathallan in the 12 hours to 7am. Just as well T in the Park wasn't this weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Just thought of a positive, I'm not going to worry about forgetting to water the garden before I go on holiday. If the forecast is correct I'll not have to hassle the kids to water it whilst I'm away either.

Posted

Very wet overnight .Thats why I cleared the strawberries last night .Currently  breezy bright and 12c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

50.4mm of rain overnight here, per the electronic rain gauge.

It's fair to say that, in these parts, this summer has been 'below average'.

Or, to use the technical term, utter p*sh!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

50.4mm of rain overnight here,

Sheesh, that really is awful. Didn't start here until sometime after 6am but as of 11am at Dyce we've had a total of 16.6mm. Hopefully it'll clear us in around an hour looking at the radar, so I'd guestimate we'll top out at around 20mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Woke up at about 5am this morning to the sound of thunder and flashes of lightening. Could hardly see the ground for rain splash, it was POURING down. Lots of surface water this morning and localised flooding, when are we going to get summer? This constant grey and coolness is starting to get me down :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

And this is just plain wrong: Cairn Gorm Summit

-25c ! :rofl:  :rofl: 

Posted

Cloud really starting to thicken now. Next big blob of rain not far away

Posted

Very windy now good job  spring  barley is still green.Starting to cloud over and currently 14c

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Seek it feels like autumn, not summer! 2 weeks of hols in and it's getting worse!

Edited by snowy owl

Posted

Very stormy windy night now with bursts of heavy rain. Really does sound like late autumn. currently 12c

Posted

Sunny intervals but it's the wind that's the feature this morning. Play at the Open suspended.

latest from Leuchars at 9am: westerly mean 32mph, gusting 47mph.

Another poor summer's day!

Posted

Relentless heavy rain yet again this morning. Weather's unbelieveably poor lately. Is it ever going to end? Not sure how similair it could be defined as but with how poor it been last 2 weeks sort of July 1988 to me (That was a really poor month at least I think it was)

Posted

The extreme summer continues with almost drought conditions in the SE of England and saturated ground in the N and W of the UK.

Just speaking to a neighbour who is at an agricultural show in Caithness where the fields are bogs after first cut silage and the cars having difficulty getting out of the showfield. he said it was lashing rain from time to time and I can see the dark clouds causing it to the north over the Firth.Thankfully the hills are breaking it up for us and we have been mainly dry and breezy today.Currently 14c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

The extreme summer continues with almost drought conditions in the SE of England and saturated ground in the N and W of the UK.

Just speaking to a neighbour who is at an agricultural show in Caithness where the fields are bogs after first cut silage and the cars having difficulty getting out of the showfield. he said it was lashing rain from time to time and I can see the dark clouds causing it to the north over the Firth.Thankfully the hills are breaking it up for us and we have been mainly dry and breezy today.Currently 14c.

Yes, an extreme with-in the kingdom. Here is Sussex, another sunny warm day with the gardens parched. Fed up of watering the plants. Time to move on to Austria tomorrow. Hope you lot up north get some summer before too long. Not looking good on todays charts. Maybe an Indian summer will come to the rescue ?

C

Posted

Becoming like the 2007 summer which like now rained constantly with low temps. Remember parks the trees changed colour by end of August due to the low temps..

St Andrews 2010 weather delays ( wind ). For a part of Scotland that misses a lot of bad weather it happened then and now this year.. Hoylake in 2006 had a Thunderstorm delay play in 2014 it got similar weather.. Thunderstorms and hot days. Think play was also delayed there in 2014..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Not to rub it in or anything, but Im currently lying out on my terrace in Tokyo. Japan is very, very, very hot at times, currently 37'C.

• Like 1

Posted

I was watching a excellent forecast on Countryfile last night (Matt Taylor presented) Parts of Surrey have had about 3MM of rain so far this month. Glasgow on the other hand has had 40 times that (119MM although will likely rise) Just a bit of cheer for you all ;)

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

I was watching a excellent forecast on Countryfile last night (Matt Taylor presented) Parts of Surrey have had about 3MM of rain so far this month. Glasgow on the other hand has had 40 times that (119MM although will likely rise) Just a bit of cheer for you all ;)

Gonnae no dae that NUT!

Big Broken Innes

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Disnae snow very often at the end of July on the Ben. 2015 is the exception:

http://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Ben-Nevis/forecasts/1344

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

When I left Sussex yesterday, the ground was parched. No rain for weeks, however, things might have changed today. Arrived to a hot evening in Austria and a cold beer!

C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Summer ?!?!?!

Pah....

Pffttt.....

Pi##....

Feel free to add your own comments ..................

post-18260-0-11619800-1437406197_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Rain today's not all been that bad..............until the showers have followed on. They starting to pack a bit of a punch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.