Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes it's good to see the usual gang back for Winter  :D

6z 'looks' promising.

post-12319-0-96416600-1448013954_thumb.p

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I'm still here, Fizz!!! :good:

Just waiting for the weather to turn a little more interesting, fingers crossed we might see at least a bit of the white stuff by this time tomorrow :yahoo:

Bish

Yay!

Let the lampost watching commence! :D

Edited by fizz511
  • Like 3

Posted

Yes it's good to see the usual gang back for Winter  :D

6z 'looks' promising.

Oooh, that looks interesting....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I'm still here, Fizz!!!  :good:

Just waiting for the weather to turn a little more interesting, fingers crossed we might see at least a bit of the white stuff by this time tomorrow  :yahoo:

Bish

Good to see you're still here Len.... I mean Bishop Brennan! :D
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Looks like im gonna miss out this time round.... still stuck in Essex... was meant to be moved back up by now but Mrs Big Snow had to be rushed into hospital for life saving surgery so move will now take place 1st week of December so if the really cold and snowy stuff could hold off till after then that will be best for me... looking forward to getting back to the peaks and spending winter with you guys... hope you get some action this weekend you guys n girls..

• Like 1

Posted

The METO updated warnings are in line with the 6Z Westerly movement.

ssued at: 
1046 on Fri 20 Nov 2015

Valid from: 
1700 on Fri 20 Nov 2015

Valid to: 
1000 on Sat 21 Nov 2015

A band of rain, sleet and snow will move south across northern and eastern Scotland later on Friday, then into the Borders and parts of northeast England on Friday night. 1-4 cm is likely at some lower levels (this less likely near exposed coasts and in northeast England) but with 5-10 cm above 150 m. Drifting is also possible in the strong to gale force north or northwesterly winds; indeed severe gales with gusts to 60 mph could bring a short period of blizzard conditions to the highest routes. The more persistent snow and strong winds will have cleared by Saturday morning but ice will be an additional hazard by then, particularly for higher level routes.

This is an update of the warning issued yesterday to bring the boundary inland from exposed coastal fringes and a little further west overall.

Please be aware of the likelihood of difficult driving conditions and some travel disruption.

Posted

Xcweather is my new favourite weather site.... 3.7 cm of snow for Solihull?!

post-15638-0-41934800-1448020692_thumb.p

Edited by fizz511
  • Like 1

Posted

Can i join the Solihull gang too lol Cant help but feel a tinge of potential excitement and im 43 lol

Welcome Neil!

There's quite a Solihull gang on here, maybe because a bit of interesting weather is the most excitement we get living in the industrial Midlands! :)

Edited by fizz511

Posted

Welcome Neil!

There's quite a Solihull gang on here, maybe because a bit of interesting weather is the most excitement we get living in the industrial Midlands! :)

thanks for the Welcome, i suspect that tonight may come to nothing BUT its just so good to hear even the chance of snow again and get a bit of cold even for a short blast

Posted

I am due to play a golf match at 09:00 in the morning, which I need to play (its the last date), so you can imagine my quandary!

Nowt wrong with a touch of snow golf, MIA! What could possibly go wrong........?

snow-golf.jpg

Bish

• Like 2

Posted

Some sleet just now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Nowt wrong with a touch of snow golf, MIA! What could possibly go wrong........?

snow-golf.jpg

Bish

LOL...

I hope it DOES  come to that....... It would be great fun.

Though not to keen about the wind chill forecast.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Update for Solihull.

Quite a heavy blustery shower passed through, from grey monotonous looking shower clouds

Also noticed that the drops landed on the window in a 'dotted' line, not the straight line normally shown

Possibly indicative of the raindrops are only forming lower down and hence not falling so fast?

The clouds look to be snow laden already! Imagination  - I hope not.

PS sun just burst through again now, with clear blue sky.

MIA

Posted

Back from buxton.... Some potent showers.... Covering of hail and ice pellets in glossopmbefore i left then rain, sleet, snow, hail, graupel bit of everything really.... Varying between 1c and 4c during and between showers....

Posted

Temp currently 2.5c here with showers of a sleet mix.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Forecasts on netweather and others going for 3-10cm here..... We shall see.... Sleety rain showers heavier ones have definite flakes visible.... More like clumpy lumpy..... Temp back down to 1.5c brrrr.... Fire on in a mo i think.....

post-15202-0-57389700-1448029827_thumb.p

Posted

Looks like im gonna miss out this time round.... still stuck in Essex... was meant to be moved back up by now but Mrs Big Snow had to be rushed into hospital for life saving surgery so move will now take place 1st week of December so if the really cold and snowy stuff could hold off till after then that will be best for me... looking forward to getting back to the peaks and spending winter with you guys... hope you get some action this weekend you guys n girls..

Crikey, that puts everything into perspective. I trust she makes a speedy recovery, bigsnow.

Bish

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Hi evreone as Winter approaches and our fist cold snap starts the Midland thread comes to life. Hope you all have a great winter its going to be fun.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Xcweather is my new favourite weather site.... 3.7 cm of snow for Solihull?!

BOOOOOOM :D

Good to see Bish back too! I think we should organize a NetWeather get together at some point, i'd come up from Oxford for that, seriously!

There does seem to be quite a few people from Solihull on this forum though, maybe that's where the snow lovers gather :laugh: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Another Solihull dude. :p

Must not get too excited about the possibility of snow tomorrow morning. I just know the snow shield won't break if I get too estastic about it (lol).

Bit nice to see you back Andy.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

The Wolf reporting back to the regional thread for winter!

I hear some snow could be on the way tonight for some of us!

Hope we all get a bit, in the Midlands. Both West and East.

I am sure I will be pulling my hair out in the coming weeks due to the never end

desperate quest for the holy grail of Narnia!

• Like 1