Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

The GFS is one cruel...*enter expletive here*

It has completely taken away the snow risk for Saturday night into Sunday!

It does however still show some possible snow for tomorrow night into Saturday. Height could be a big advantage.

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

This does not look promising for tommorow night:

fritosat.jpg

Edited by xSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I'm waiting for tomorrow until i get :yahoo: But i will say looking at the lastest BBC weather......Well at this stage anything could happen :cold::D 

post-4783-0-65613600-1447952785.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

I'm waiting for tomorrow until i get :yahoo: But i will say looking at the lastest BBC weather......Well at this stage anything could happen :cold::D 

post-4783-0-65613600-1447952785.jpg

that looks pretty good for the east midlands!!just waiting for the ecm12z and mogreps update from ian ferguson!!hoping for a positive update!!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The West Midlands and south west definitely one of the worst places for snow this weekend. Can't see it happening. Sliding just to our east about Coventry/rugby I suspect. :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The West Midlands and south west definitely one of the worst places for snow this weekend. Can't see it happening. Sliding just to our east about Coventry/rugby I suspect. :(

nearly always is, dosen't promise much anyway, just standard weekend toppler, Weekend topplers quite common

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

that looks pretty good for the east midlands!!just waiting for the ecm12z and mogreps update from ian ferguson!!hoping for a positive update!!

Latest BBC snow-cast :whistling: has the snowfall further west well into BRUM :D

post-11006-0-29214400-1447967275_thumb.p

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

Latest BBC snow-cast :whistling: has the snowfall further west well into BRUM :D

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Let the snow dancing begin :) Edited by Snowsie
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The GFS is one cruel...*enter expletive here*

It has completely taken away the snow risk for Saturday night into Sunday!

It does however still show some possible snow for tomorrow night into Saturday. Height could be a big advantage.

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

back on 18Z, Saturday night into sunday

Posted

Guess we won't know whether we get snow or not until it literally falls in front of our eyes or not. Not too worried though as I see this weekend as a bonus and won't be too disappointed if we get nothing. Would be nice to see a bit of premature Winter though. But I'd rather get nothing now and a repeat of 1962/63 later than a blizzard now and mild muck in the rest of Winter. Not that it means anything of course, but I'm always a bit anxious about getting cold and snow too early especially with the record of cold spells since the 20th century. I was disappointed that the cold spell of Winter 2010/11 ended before the New Year. Then again there does seem to have been cold Winters that started early in the 19th century and earlier that lasted well into the New Year so maybe we're overdue (more than) a Winter that starts early and ends late. Though I suppose it was the LIA back then making such Winters more likely. You never know though.

Edited by WALSALL SNOW

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Net/W in house model snow risk for Saturday. And Dew temp.

post-12319-0-81608000-1447975123_thumb.p

post-12319-0-42771300-1447975334_thumb.p

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Chance of 60mph gusts again for a time briefly on Saturday. To have a chance of that twice in 1 week is certainly pretty rare. This time it will be from the north/north west so could do some damage to those usually sheltered from our predominant westerlies!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

You try not to get OCD on Weather sites at the first hint of snow? Well, you've got no chance in overcoming that problem fizzychops :rofl:

I've been coming onto Netweather for the past 11 Winters now, I thought that maybe I'd stop doing it at some point but I doubt I ever will :laugh: As soon as the models start to show colder Weather, I can't stop myself from coming on here. It's like a drug :D

I might spend more time in this thread this Winter. Last Winter I flirted between this thread and the South West/South Central thread but barring the odd few from Oxfordshire, most of the posters in there are from the South West or the far South. I'm nearer to the Midlands really!

Good, glad to hear it. The midands thread wouldn't be the same without you 😉 It feels like old friends meeting up down the local as soon as the fires are lit each year to join in a communal looking out of the window together.

Talking of old friends, anyone seen Bishop Brennan recently? He's normally round the fireplace too...?

Well, for fellow Sillhillans, just to cheer you up here's xcweather's forecast (no idea which model they use!)

post-15638-0-45242900-1447979440_thumb.p

Posted

Good, glad to hear it. The midands thread wouldn't be the same without you It feels like old friends meeting up down the local as soon as the fires are lit each year to join in a communal looking out of the window together.

Talking of old friends, anyone seen Bishop Brennan recently? He's normally round the fireplace too...?

Well, for fellow Sillhillans, just to cheer you up here's xcweather's forecast (no idea which model they use!)

Xcweather uses GFS data. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Xcweather uses GFS data. :)

Interesting .... It's the only site that's showing snow for me and I would've thought that lots used GFS?

Hey ho, who knows, it'll no doubt be gone again by the morning!

Posted

A cool morning here temp 4c, This mornings NetWx Charts for Saturday.

post-12319-0-83491400-1448007086_thumb.p

post-12319-0-28155700-1448007098_thumb.p

post-12319-0-31261500-1448007110_thumb.p

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

I'm still here, Fizz!!!  :good:

Just waiting for the weather to turn a little more interesting, fingers crossed we might see at least a bit of the white stuff by this time tomorrow  :yahoo:

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

I'm still here, Fizz!!!  :good:

Just waiting for the weather to turn a little more interesting, fingers crossed we might see at least a bit of the white stuff by this time tomorrow  :yahoo:

Bish

Welcome back Bish..

Hopefully, we will have a sprinkle in the morning. though I noticed the snow is expected in the early hours.

JFI...

I am due to play a golf match at 09:00 in the morning, which I need to play (its the last date), so you can imagine my quandary!

No not really a problem as if it is slamming down I will be able to watch it through my lounge window,

On second thoughts it is a win/win situation. :):yahoo: . :D

Will be watching today's forecast carefully and best of luck to all. Particularly the Solihulll mob!

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 2