Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 12th June 2015 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I'm moving my attention to the potential for some proper severe weather associated with that plume scenario developing in FI.

These little desperate early summer storm days just not cutting it for me anymore.

So much effort for sporadic and unpredictable pulse lightning just not worth it IMHO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I'm moving my attention to the potential for some proper severe weather associated with that plume scenario developing in FI.

These little desperate early summer storm days just not cutting it for me anymore.

So much effort for sporadic and unpredictable pulse lightning just not worth it IMHO

Yup, but as its FI I'm not even going to bother to look much at it let alone get 'ready' for it in anyway.

On the 18z it grazes the south (again!) while on the 00z it doesn't exist for us.

We need a pretty wholesale change in fortunes really...the blessing is we still have not any real heat this summer, but if it's reserving itself for July/August then all the better in my eyes :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

*messed up an edit*

Edited by Greenday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Well an exciting horizon looking at the model chat.

Some VERY warm weather potentially and this would fit nicely in with the numerous so-far-unsuccessful heat pump events.

I'm quietly confident about an interesting couple of convective months (for the southern half of the UK at least).

Been a long build up to it this year so far but I think the payoff is some fairly regular opportunities for potentially significant weather to come

Posted

Just a quick edition to my earlier post, it didn't really feel humid at all, Its not an essential feel and ingredient for storms.

Wednesday is now showing some signs of potential although metoffice fax chart showing HP close by, the edge of an LP system possibly reaching us however, not sure its very well alligned bringing fronts arriving perhaps a bit too late current forecasts suggest. It is a little early but it only being 3 days away worth a mention.

Posted

Just a quick edition to my earlier post, it didn't really feel humid at all, Its not an essential feel and ingredient for storms.

Wednesday is now showing some signs of potential although metoffice fax chart showing HP close by, the edge of an LP system possibly reaching us however, not sure its very well alligned bringing fronts arriving perhaps a bit too late current forecasts suggest. It is a little early but it only being 3 days away worth a mention.

Not seeing much in the way of convective potential, unless something hiding aloft in the mid levels.

Posted

Some quite pokey showers running W to E just to my north across the Peak District. I wonder if there is any chance of a sferic or two from that lot?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Would be nice,but just too far north of here,moving through pretty quickly aswell on the strong breeze.

Posted

Not seeing much in the way of convective potential, unless something hiding aloft in the mid levels.

Its downgraded now so not much potential there and with pressure still high of 1020mb I'm sceptical too. Low pressure hanging around nearby in the Atlantic though.

Posted

Nice train of showers lining up from North Wales into the NW currently, rain is hammering on the window outside atm.

Posted

Just got back from a few days away in North Norfolk. Saturday night was stunning. Sat on the sea wall at dusk watching the lightning.

Any how's, bbc saying possible storms in the East again this afternoon. Struggling to see it at the moment

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Just got back from a few days away in North Norfolk. Saturday night was stunning. Sat on the sea wall at dusk watching the lightning.

Any how's, bbc saying possible storms in the East again this afternoon. Struggling to see it at the moment.

With CAPE values around 300 J/kg a small storm or two may rumble through parts of Norfolk into Kent this afternoon.

post-5386-0-33005600-1434960902_thumb.pn

Posted

Under a moderate show with a small amount of hail mixed in. Some reasonable cloud heights.

Posted

Signs of heat building later this week and into next.  Temps could hit 30c in the SE by early next week, then it can all go bang :)

post-2036-0-84325500-1434970119_thumb.pn

post-2036-0-16092300-1434970142_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Had to sit down and fan my face after viewing this chart, if only....roasting hot then chances of some serious stormage! Bring it on, enough of the chilly bore-fest already...only this is, am flying out to Spain for a little holiday a week today, really hope I don't miss anything here!

post-18410-0-87457600-1434970603.jpg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted

With CAPE values around 300 J/kg a small storm or two may rumble through parts of Norfolk into Kent this afternoon.

attachicon.gifScreen shot 2015-06-22 at 09.13.35.png

NW Radar is showing recent strikes in Lincolnshire are already this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Early days yet, but I am already planning on perhaps heading to France or Belgium for this possible plume event.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Just had a torrential downpour here with hail mixed in,surprised there was no thunder.

Lincolnshire the sweet spot AGAIN :angry:

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted

Early days yet, but I am already planning on perhaps heading to France or Belgium for this possible plume event.

If the last "Plume" was anything to go by I would hold fire on booking your tickets (for an event early next week) until the weekend at the earliest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

I expect a storm on June 28. For some reason, that day seems have been stormy for England on many years.

• Like 1