Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - 03/07/15 onwards

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

A lovely morning today. I have bright sunshine with only small fragments of cumulus clouds and a slight bit of a breeze. 8C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Its far from mild today as it says in the headlines! Bitter wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A windy morning, currently 8.4°C, a low of 5.8

Posted

It's much, much sunnier than it was forecasted to be today. The BBC had the cloud cover slowly infilling by 10:00, but I still have virtually clear skies, with the odd scattered cumulus fragments.

It also looks like the temperature is going to be well-undercooked for today too. The BBC had me in for an 11C max at about 14:00, but it's already rising above 11C now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Blue skies and sunshine  :yahoo: It is a tad on the breezy side with more leaf fall, temp climbing up to 12.2c now. 

Posted

It's turning into a beautiful day today. Even with the breeze it feels really very pleasant out there. I thought I take the time to sit on the deck for one last time before the spring, which will probably be the next chance I'll get. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Finally back home after my 2 week holiday driving around Florida and it's nice to see lovely weather still hanging on in the UK.

We would have been back yesterday but for for a 25 hour flight delay although we did get put up in a fantastic hotel so although Virgin still have a lot to answer for, it could have been worse.

Posted

Just had a pleasant walk round the farm with the dogs, more cloud around than this morning but it's dry with the sun poking through, still very wet under foot in places from recent rainfall so needed the wellies on! The dogs weren't too happy getting hosed off either... 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Lovely day ,only spoiled by hold ups on m6 ,pleasantly warm in Wigan ..

Finally back home after my 2 week holiday driving around Florida and it's nice to see lovely weather still hanging on in the UK.

We would have been back yesterday but for for a 25 hour flight delay although we did get put up in a fantastic hotel so although Virgin still have a lot to answer for, it could have been worse.

25 hours :0....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Lovely day ,only spoiled by hold ups on m6 ,pleasantly warm in Wigan .. 25 hours :0....

It's a good job I'd already booked Monday off work.

Anyway back home so role on a decent winter and start planning next years holiday, hopefully with a bit of financial assistance from the delay.

Posted

26 October 2015 - A lovely day with some interesting afternoon clouds and a nice sunset:

Posted

Clear start to the day with just some high cloud, current temp 11c so a mild night for the time of year,  forecast high today 15/16c which should be achievable given the starting temp! Need to keep hold of the sunshine though...  

Posted

Just got a bit of a sweat on cutting the grass! 17.6c here with very little wind (offshore so helping the temps climb)  & sunshine which feels nice and warm on the skin... Got a t shirt & jeans on but think I could get away with shorts & t shirt!! Temp is 2 degrees over the forecast high, Positively balmy... :)

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

Another fabulous day here, too. The morning started off with a bit of mid-level stuff, but that has cleared and left me with some fantastic sunshine. Temperatures are now up to 15C yet the sun is so low in the sky. It also feels very warm for the time of the year too. :D

post-21671-0-85806300-1445948424_thumb.j

Edited by Thunderbolt_
  • Like 1

Posted

Well here they are the dark nights waking up when it's dark then going to bed when it's dark.

What a disappointing summer that was well for me anyway.

Now just have to get through the disappointment of winter and then back to Spring oh well.

Least it's broth weather now ....... And oh yes beer o'clock

• Like 1

Posted

I've just had a beef stew, it was nice but not the same as eating it on cold autumn/winter evening. 

Looks a bit wet tomorrow but the rain band doesn't look to extensive and fragmenting so might not be too bad! Mild as well... 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Well here they are the dark nights waking up when it's dark then going to bed when it's dark.

What a disappointing summer that was well for me anyway.

Now just have to get through the disappointment of winter and then back to Spring oh well.

Least it's broth weather now ....... And oh yes beer o'clock

indeed ,roll on Spring ,beef roast tonight round 2 :)..and red wine ...
  • Like 1

Posted

indeed ,roll on Spring ,beef roast tonight round 2 :)..and red wine ...

your so posh with your red wine lol and beef

Wow so busy in here don't know who to talk to first

Third beer going down nice mmmmm

• Like 1

Posted

I'm a wine drinker. Nothing like a nice glass of white or red (they're both nice) on an evening. I'd love to do it tonight, with the weather being so mild, but unfortunately I don't have a bottle... :nea:

• Like 1

Posted

Even though the weather is similar now to before I went on holiday, the difference in the look of the place is very noticeable with trees a stunning colour and fallen leaves everywhere.

I do like the colours of autumn but this year seems more vivid than usual unless it's just because I've suddenly seen it after a couple of weeks rather than gradually change.

Posted

No wind, 11.6c and wet! What a difference a day makes... 

Posted

Grey with low cloud and intermittent light rain. It is mild however at just over 13°C.

I quite like it actually, even though I'm on a field trip.

Posted

Been a wet day but nothing too heavy, can just see a clearance coming up from the south so some very late afternoon sunshine possible before sunset. Max temp today 12.7c, barely any wind. More rain heading overnight from the west but looks to clear pretty fast eastwards. 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*