Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - 03/07/15 onwards

Thunderbolt_

Been a wet day but nothing too heavy, can just see a clearance coming up from the south so some very late afternoon sunshine possible before sunset. Max temp today 12.7c, barely any wind. More rain heading overnight from the west but looks to clear pretty fast eastwards.

yep it's arrived here ,very mild and damp though ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

yep it's arrived here ,very mild and damp though ..

I dislike this!  :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

The sun came out about an hour before sunset, and I managed to get this photo as I was walking home. It's just unfortunate that it's in the scruffiest part of Failsworth...

post-21671-0-08762100-1446052147_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Wet day here until late afternoon and felt colder as a result to the point where the first job after closing the front door was putting the heating on.

More rain forecast for the next couple of days before some drier conditions hopefully arrive in time for the weekend.

Posted

I love this word; "brighter" - it can mean anything from stratus with a few holes to high cloud to sunny spells, so the forecaster is never wrong. :) For a change, sunshine with some cirrus after midday here, lovely blue skies and no wind. A rare event, especially in Autumn.. :D

Edited by skyboy

Posted

Well this Euro high looks to be here for the long haul... Model outputs are currently a borefest if you're looking for some exciting autumn weather!!  :lazy:

Might be bit of this going on in the not too distant future... :p

post-9615-0-34124000-1446060908_thumb.jp

Posted

I love this word; "brighter" - it can mean anything from stratus with a few holes to high cloud to sunny spells, so the forecaster is never wrong. :) For a change, sunshine with some cirrus after midday here, lovely blue skies and no wind. A rare event, especially in Autumn.. :D

I know this is the best regional thread.... :p But you know we have a Wales regional thread running as well? :)

• Like 1

Posted

I know this is the best regional thread.... :p But you know we have a Wales regional thread running as well? :)

I know but I almost live in NW England, and found it busier than the Welsh thread, I will copy to that one too. It would be better to have a NW England and North Wales thread.

Posted

I know but I almost live in NW England, and found it busier than the Welsh thread, I will copy to that one too. It would be better to have a NW England and North Wales thread.

That's absolutely fine, just checked Google maps and yes you are very close to NW england :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

is sometimes post in the northern England thread :)..

I live just over a mile from West Yorkshire and have been known to lurk in the Yorkshire thread. I can't remember posting in it although may gatecrash when snow is about.

Posted

I post to give warning of incoming weather like LEWP,s or cells heading north east ...

Knowing my luck I'll be posting asking why snow showers from the east are dumping huge amounts in Calderdale but it's dry and sunny over my side of the border.

Posted

l know that feeling well :(.....

Maybe our luck will change this winter.

Posted

In a word, wet!! Can hear the rain lashing against the window and it's quite windy from the SE gusting 40 odd mph. 11.2c. The good news is it will clear through pretty quickly. 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

Been over to Gateshead today to the metro centre, wet journey over but drier on the way back with some brightness before the sun set, glad the metro is all under one roof or would have been soaked! Went into Primark and my god what mayhem it was! Far more civilised in the Apple store... :)

Posted

Bloody hell... hard to believe it's nearly November. That's a forecast that wouldn't look out of place in May.

post-21671-0-79657000-1446149839_thumb.p

Posted

Another grey & wet start to the day, 9.1c with little wind, pressure 1011mb. 

Posted

Very mild and breezy this morning at 16C with thick stormy clouds rushing over head. The rain stopped at about 09:00 and there's just the odd spit of rain now. Lovely! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

It's a balmy 17.6°C in Denton where I am atm!