Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - 03/07/15 onwards

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

It's gone very foggy again, but it's also sunny at the same time..?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Beautiful warm feeling day here, temperatures up to 15c and with hardly a breath of wind it could be mid summer rather than November 1st.

I don't know what the highest November temperature for my location is but keep this up and I'd imagine it could be broken later this afternoon.

Posted

Beautiful warm feeling day here, temperatures up to 15c and with hardly a breath of wind it could be mid summer rather than November 1st.

I don't know what the highest November temperature for my location is but keep this up and I'd imagine it could be broken later this afternoon.

The November record for me is 16C, set on 4 November 2010. It's just above 14C now for me... I think it's almost certainly going to be bettered (hopefully).

The November record for me is 16C, set on 4 November 2010. It's just above 14C now for me... I think it's almost certainly going to be bettered (hopefully).

hit 17.5 c here in chorlton Scott :)..can't vouch for accuracy though it's not my weather station !!! Edited by Mokidugway

Posted

17c sunny bright blue skies looks foggy towards manchester.... Lunch at lamb inn in a bit....

Yeah, it seems like there is still a very light mist lingering on here. It's only noticeable when looking in the distance (i.e. distant houses and trees look a bit faded), but for the most part it's sunny with not a cloud in the sky. I'm at just over 16C now, so it's now my mildest November day on record!

Posted

18C where I am now! Unbelieveable for early November. I wonder if I can squeeze in a 19C?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Grey and miserable day. We had thick fog last night and this morning when on my way home from work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Grey and overcast here now after the sunshine this morning, 13.2c. 

Posted

I actually feel really sorry for the people who are stuck under all of the fog and low cloud (unless you like it of course, then it's all smiles). I'm up to 19C now with wall-to-wall sunshine, after a bit of fog this morning.

post-21671-0-43629900-1446388577_thumb.j

Edited by Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Weather warning issued by Met Office for all Regions

Areas of fog are expected to form during Sunday Evening becoming widespread and Dense

In places by Monday Morning,Travel may be impacted by poor visibility with some minor disruption

possible.

Morning rush hour looks like it could be a hazardous one,especially with kids back after half term break 

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted

Yep, 19C was today's maximum.

Even now, the sun is barely setting and I can already see signs of the fog reforming. I assume another very foggy morning is on the cards tomorrow morning...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Sun starting to set on what has been a lovely day here.

Maximum temperature of 17c so not as high as other parts of the region but taking into account the 3c I always lose for temperature lapse rate it probably comes out similar and almost certainly a November record for me.

As for the next few days, it is looking like a gradual return to bog standard November conditions with some rain about later in the week and temperatures falling back from the current warm category although remaking above average.

However nothing in the way of wintry weather showing so it could be warm and damp watching fireworks, through the remembrance service weekend and probably even beyond.

Posted

I actually feel really sorry for the people who are stuck under all of the fog and low cloud (unless you like it of course, then it's all smiles). I'm up to 19C now with wall-to-wall sunshine, after a bit of fog this morning.

attachicon.gif20151101_143311.jpg

Contrast with this side of Greater Manchester

Posted

Not a cloud in the sky today - no fog, no wind just blue skies in the Vale of Clwyd from sunrise to sunset, wall to wall sunshine. Went to Broughton around midday: fog, Llandudno around 3pm: fog. We would be very lucky to get away without fog tomorrow morning though.

Edited by skyboy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

my day, somewhere inbetween weather-history and Thunderbolt_, sunny 2 hours 1-3 before fog came back down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Fog becoming quite dense now and it wasn't a pleasant drive in the dark at all, had front and rear fog lights on! Glad my car has adaptive xenon's, makes night driving better. Temp holding up at 12.3c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

If anyone has to travel around the Manchester Airport area please take note...Visibility has reduced

significantly in the last hour...some flights are now been diverted

C.S

Posted

Contrast with this side of Greater Manchester

Yep, quite a contrast!

1 November 2015 - exceptionally mild with a foggy morning, a sunny afternoon and a nice sunset!

• Like 1