Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Glorious sunshine this morning a complete contrast to yesterday, although a couple of degrees cooler. 

Posted

So a damp & overcast Monday, followed by a blue to blue Tuesday, surely means being followed by partly cloudy and dry Wednesday. And that sums it up, really.

Temp 15.1°C, RH 85 %,

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

The rain has arrived, that has been threatening all morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Unexpected shower as of now, not that heavy though with most of the heavier rain to my south.

• Like 1

Posted

Showers soon to arrive from the West after a fine, warm and quite sunny morning.

My wife and I work our backsides off to earn our annual holiday and it seems the week of the year we decide to explore Cornwall is going to provide the worst week of the summer. I am going to make a prediction now ; we will have 2 dry days from Sat 25th July to Sat 1st August and those 2 dry days will be the 2 Saturdays which are the travelling days. Even Sunday now looks wet as the once promising HIGH lasts 1 day! I would rather a brisk, chilly N or NW flow as at least that would be mostly dry. Cheers Mother Nature!

Edit ; my bad for posting before catching up on the latest, this mornings updates are more promising for the 2nd half of next week after the whole week looked awful last night.

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted

Yes after Sunday the 06 run doesn't look too bad Andy so fingers crossed the subsequent changes are in the right direction. Meanwhile back at the ranch the next system looks like bringing a wet night Thursday.

post-12275-0-09605300-1437571721_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A lot more cloud around this morning than there should be. Tomorrow's system must be that bit further north.

Posted

A lot more cloud around this morning than there should be. Tomorrow's system must be that bit further north.

Defenitely not a good thing, probably more widespread flooding if that's the case as the heaviest rain is on the southern flank of the depression.

What I can't understand is how much moaning is going on on this thread! We have probably had the best Summer since 2006 in the south west, certainly nothing to moan about! I haven't seen a Summer as good as this for years!

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

definitely a chill in the air this morning, the wind seems to have dropped this morning to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

definitely a chill in the air this morning, the wind seems to have dropped this morning to.

Yes, starting to think I should have put a long sleeved top on this morning, a noticeable edge to the feel of the air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Defenitely not a good thing, probably more widespread flooding if that's the case as the heaviest rain is on the southern flank of the depression.

What I can't understand is how much moaning is going on on this thread! We have probably had the best Summer since 2006 in the south west, certainly nothing to moan about! I haven't seen a Summer as good as this for years!

Has it actually been that good down there? June was a sunny month here but never overly warm and mostly with a persistent wind. Only the final week gave some relief from that with a hot end. July has been pretty dull here with the average being held up mostly by overnight temperatures again. The next ten days or so are going to really bring the month down. Fingers crossed for a better August. Maybe we'll get a plume in September - some of the best storms happen in September e.g. last year!

Posted

Has it actually been that good down there? June was a sunny month here but never overly warm and mostly with a persistent wind. Only the final week gave some relief from that with a hot end. July has been pretty dull here with the average being held up mostly by overnight temperatures again. The next ten days or so are going to really bring the month down. Fingers crossed for a better August. Maybe we'll get a plume in September - some of the best storms happen in September e.g. last year!

I have to agree somewhat, especially with the thunderstorms in September. I remember posting about the thunderstorm in mid-September in the morning, incredible thunderstorm that was! However, I think this Summer has been pretty good especially down here on the south coast!

Posted

I would expect most of any flooding risk tomorrow is because the ground is very dry therefore run off will create problems in the heaviest rain.

Posted

Latest thoughts but still subject to change

Just right for the Friday evening commute  :nonono:

Posted

Been a pretty bad day for midsummer well at least we kept dry...

Its only going to get worse as tomorrow and sunday look awful. Well on a positive note some people are saying august is going to be better lets hope so :)

Posted

Currently staying in Corfe Castle, Dorset the difference between here and the North of England is staggering. Brown fields of sunbleached grass everywhere. Spectacular displays in all the gardens, people with homegrown sun tans. Even though there's been a few clouds around and a cool sea breeze when the sun does shine it's really got some strength in it. Managed to get sun burnt in 2 hours. Looks like it's been a great summer in contrast to back home in Manchester where it just hasn't got going. Still can't complain the Scots have had it far worse.

• Like 1