Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

This is turning into yet another horrific October, typical of the dross that's prevailed since 2001. Barely stopped raining during daylight hours for the past three days with almost half the monthly total already. Nearby burn has flooded over for about the fourth time in as many months.

Temperatures have been depressing and monotonous - stuck flatlining on 13C for over 24 hours, something that would never have happened in the past even under the worst conditions. Horrid, grey drizzly easterly outlook as well.

There has not been one decent October this decade. The only decent spell of October weather has been the first third of October 2012, which is the only westerly dominated October weather since 2008. The rest of that month was just grey easterly rubbish and the other Octobers, particularly 2011, 2013 and 2014, were dominated by vile gloomy easterly/south easterly rot bringing everything I hate the most. Static temperatures, disgustingly mild nights, lack of daytime warmth, appalling air quality, lack of sunshine and excessive rain.

Our weather is just becoming so tedious, predictable and unvaried. The same every year: snowless winter, sunny spring, dull wet summer, gloomy dull, mild autumn. More of everything I loath and much less of the things I like.

Oh give it a rest. It's clear there is no weather type you like and you're posting purely to get a reaction.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

This is turning into yet another horrific October, typical of the dross that's prevailed since 2001. Barely stopped raining during daylight hours for the past three days with almost half the monthly total already. Nearby burn has flooded over for about the fourth time in as many months.

Temperatures have been depressing and monotonous - stuck flatlining on 13C for over 24 hours, something that would never have happened in the past even under the worst conditions. Horrid, grey drizzly easterly outlook as well.

There has not been one decent October this decade. The only decent spell of October weather has been the first third of October 2012, which is the only westerly dominated October weather since 2008. The rest of that month was just grey easterly rubbish and the other Octobers, particularly 2011, 2013 and 2014, were dominated by vile gloomy easterly/south easterly rot bringing everything I hate the most. Static temperatures, disgustingly mild nights, lack of daytime warmth, appalling air quality, lack of sunshine and excessive rain.

Our weather is just becoming so tedious, predictable and unvaried. The same every year: snowless winter, sunny spring, dull wet summer, gloomy dull, mild autumn. More of everything I loath and much less of the things I like.

All I can say is temperate maritime, lol.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

You could move from the coast to the mountains nearby.

BUy or build a cottage up there, at least you would see plenty of snow, heavy rain, gales, white outs, pretty much anything but dull and derpressing.

And if it all became to much then plenty of rocks and cliffs to jump off.??? lol.. :diablo: :diablo: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

uninteresting month so far certainly not a write off and mild as well. Plenty of time out side in t shirts even in the showers yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Oh give it a rest. It's clear there is no weather type you like and you're posting purely to get a reaction.

It's working too, since his post 9 out of 10 of the subsequent posts have been a reaction to his post. In fact, make it 10 out of 11 with this post.

The reality, as taken from the weather station in Dyce (http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/3091.html), for the last 6 days,

Fri 2nd - Sunny, wall to wall sunshine all day in fact. No rain.

Sat 3rd - Partially sunny, middle of day by the looks of it. No rain.

Sun 4th - Sunny, pretty much wall to wall again. No rain.

Mon 5th - Cloudy. Some rain later on in day.

Tue 6th - Cloudy. Rain off and on all day.

Wed 7th - Cloudy. Rain off and on all day.

Thu 8th - Currently sunny, in fact there's not a cloud in the sky so looking like a good day.

Now I wasn't around most of Fri-Sun, but by the looks of it the weather in Aberdeen was much better than the cloud and mist that I experienced in NW England during that period.

In reality, including today, 4 out of the last 7 days have been quite sunny in Aberdeen, albeit the other 3 were miserable and wet. Still, for October I don't reckon that's a bad rate of return so far!

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

It's working too, since his post 9 out of 10 of the subsequent posts have been a reaction to his post. In fact, make it 10 out of 11 with this post.

The reality, as taken from the weather station in Dyce (http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/3091.html), for the last 6 days,

Fri 2nd - Sunny, wall to wall sunshine all day in fact. No rain.

Sat 3rd - Partially sunny, middle of day by the looks of it. No rain.

Sun 4th - Sunny, pretty much wall to wall again. No rain.

Mon 5th - Cloudy. Some rain later on in day.

Tue 6th - Cloudy. Rain off and on all day.

Wed 7th - Cloudy. Rain off and on all day.

Thu 8th - Currently sunny, in fact there's not a cloud in the sky so looking like a good day.

Now I wasn't around most of Fri-Sun, but by the looks of it the weather in Aberdeen was much better than the cloud and mist that I experienced in NW England during that period.

In reality, including today, 4 out of the last 7 days have been quite sunny in Aberdeen, albeit the other 3 were miserable and wet. Still, for October I don't reckon that's a bad rate of return so far!

Ahh but it's not 30c by day and -20c by night!!!! So it's a pretty bland boring month... Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry

Just a thought, you can grow this indoors, so even with the most moribund of weather, you might be able to benefit..http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/organic-herbs/growing-st-johns-wort

Posted

I'm afraid Richard has been posting this sort of spiel on TheWeatherOutlook for ages but fortunately on this site we don't get all the negative emoticons that go with them.

Edited by Weather-history

Posted

Great autumn so far the colours on the trees will be amazing this year because of the light winds for one reason.

Getting very dry now and the rain at the weekened was little,be interesting to see when the brook comes back.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

The trees certainly look brilliant this year. Much better than recent years.

Is this due to the early start or the cold nights?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

The trees certainly look brilliant this year. Much better than recent years.

Is this due to the early start or the cold nights?

Read a little about this down the years and a combination of warm, sunny days and cold nights (i.e. high pressure) seems to help the most. But we are at a species disadvantage with the likes of New England as there something like 70% of trees have the anthocyanins necessary to create the bright red/orange colours while only about 10% of trees here do.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Check out the latest CFS 9 month  run for the rest of Autumn!!!!!!    -    its the 18z from 8/1015.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

The question is how long will these average to below average months continue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The question is how long will these average to below average months continue.

not much longer, from end Nov through to mid march, be above average, probably equaling 5 above average months on the trot, then May to Sept below avg again

Posted

not much longer, from end Nov through to mid march, be above average, probably equaling 5 above average months on the trot, then May to Sept below avg again

says who?

Posted

Yes this is turning into a very good autumn in terms of settled dry weather, here at least, we've not had much rain since August and whilst temps have been a little below par, under the sunshine and light winds it has felt very pleasant. This will be our 6th very decent weekend on the trot, a rare feat indeed and the outlook for the foreseeable looks dry and settled.

The dry sunny weather and cool nights are doing wonders for autumn colours this year, I think the sunshine combined with the chill helps to lock in sugar in the leaves which helps with the colour.. can anyone explain. With frost very likely next week this is a superb foundation for some brilliant displays later in the month. Fingers crossed we maintain the current conditions through until the end of the month, and we don't see the trees stripped bare by gale force winds.

• Like 2

Posted

Check out the latest CFS 9 month  run for the rest of Autumn!!!!!!    -    its the 18z from 8/1015.

Sorry to brother you but is there a link so I could see and possibly others thanks :)

Posted

Sorry to brother you but is there a link so I could see and possibly others thanks :)

here you go-

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/cfse_cartes.php

take it with a pinch of salt though, the main models can be very wrong at just a week. imagine how wrong they could be at 9 months....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Whilst it's nice to have some settled weather under the influence of high pressure at this time of year albeit rather cloudy (here at least) I can't help but feel the outlook is pretty boring, all main model guidance takes is well into FI and beyond with a strong anticyclone influencing the UK. This could well see us out to the end of October! Looks like October 2015 could turn out to be a very dry month? Perhaps an action packed late autumn and winter coming up once the anticyclone decides to leave us...  :D

But I shall enjoy the dry and settled weather while it lasts, it's great being able to get out and about and not have to take the dogs out in wind and rain... Should be some nice autumn colours to enjoy as well in the coming weeks with no real windy spells likely to strip the trees bare! 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*