Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

no use at all, but it is our default weather, Thunderbolt_ will be lovin' outlook

No offence, but you need to stop posting nonsense... it's extremely misleading.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
Provisional figures show Aberdeen Airport was the warmest place in the UK today, hitting 20.6c thanks in part to the Foehn effect.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Got up to 15.5c here briefly as the sun came out for about half an hour this afternoon but most of the time it was cloudy with drizzle at times, didn't feel too mild given the breeze though. My least favourite type of weather, breezy, mild & cloudy with drizzle on and off. 

Posted

No doubt it was still a disgusting and vile day.

Yep, and to think, some on here actually prefer that to the cool but mostly sunny and dry conditions we had for weeks preceding it. Each to their own and-all, but I for one can't get my head 'round it!

• Like 1

Posted

From looking at the cloud images yesterday, it would seem it was quite sunny in Aberdeenshire yesterday so a temp of 20.6 with sunshine would sound quite the opposite of a disgusting and vile day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Provisional figures show Aberdeen Airport was the warmest place in the UK today, hitting 20.6c thanks in part to the Foehn effect.

I can confirm that it was indeed a 'disgusting and vile day'....well in our office it was, because of the unseasonable heat and the sun streaming through the windows.

Turning out to be another 'vile and disgusting day' too this morning, with hardly a cloud in the sky and lots of dangerous flying leaves being blown all around by the strong wind.

:wink:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep, and to think, some on here actually prefer that to the cool but mostly sunny and dry conditions we had for weeks preceding it. Each to their own and-all, but I for one can't get my head 'round it!

It was actually cloudier here in the last week or two in that dry and cooler spell. The previous high pressure was warmer and sunnier for us.

Likewise I don't get how some prefer damaging winds and cool wet conditions in summer but each to their own and I accept that.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes I'm sure it was abhorrent and terrible and probably left Aberdeen looking like a war zone. Absolutely awful conditions which were not repeated elsewhere. How stupidly unlucky Aberdeen is every time. Ridiculous and head bashing stuff.

Lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I posted a few composite charts back in August based on sea ice and solar activity, which you can see here

These are the composite maps for September, October and November

.......... ..........September.......... .......... .......... ........... October .......... .......... .......... ........... November

ZE6RVQU.png FUJIw0Y.png NSMn3Ww.png

This is how September turned out, and October so far.

........ ...............September .................. ................ ..... October

VRJdhdY.gif RU3TcG3.gif

There's a fair chance that the similarity is a fluke, but if not, I suspect that as we go into November the infleunce of the QBO and ENSO on the jet stream will become stronger, so a greater chance of things looking very different next month.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Thought I'd sit out and get the fire pit going and have a nice glass of cider, since it's a clear night. It's a chilly 9°C out on the street, but lovely and warm in my back garden.

#FlashbackToSummer :)

attachicon.gif20151023_235153.jpg

You must be really confident we are not going to get a potent cold spell!!   you do realise your setting yourself up to get pelters on here if we were to get a crippler. and even more so if it made it all the way across the pennines and you got snowed in for weeks.

• Like 1

Posted

Weather in Austin Texas is causing a few problems for the F1 race. FP3 and quali look unlikely and the radar looks fascinating if you run to loop. Looks like cooler air coming down from the NW overrunning the moist air being pushed N by hurricane over Mexico. Rain rates of 2-3 inches per hour possible overnight !

http://kxan.com/weather/radar/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

The CFS 9 month 18z from 23rd October is an absolute stonker all the way up until xmas, shades of 2010.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

The ECM is an absolute disaster, if it verifies then you can write of the rest of Autumn.

Hopefully it will verify, then we can look forward to Winter

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

This is a bit IMBY, to be fair but looking back it's been a pretty boring October, if I'm honest, for most weather types. The temperatures have been rather unremarkable - pretty much 12-16C every day with no real cold or warm spell. Days have been pretty cloudy affairs, with the exception of the first few days of the month. There have been no notable Atlantic storms, no to very little frost too and no thunder either.

I hope November is a bit more interesting...

No doubt - very boring. November is usually the most boring month IMO.

August was the best month here this year - and I'm kind of missing it. Consistently 21-24C with partly cloudy skies. My birthday reached 26C and we had several thunderstorms.. sigh.

Edited by cheese

Posted

The ECM is an absolute disaster, if it verifies then you can write of the rest of Autumn.

Throwaway comments like this when it's just 25th October make me dispair. The silly season has arrived sadly.

Posted

This is a bit IMBY, to be fair but looking back it's been a pretty boring October, if I'm honest, for most weather types. The temperatures have been rather unremarkable - pretty much 12-16C every day with no real cold or warm spell. Days have been pretty cloudy affairs, with the exception of the first few days of the month. There have been no notable Atlantic storms, no to very little frost too and no thunder either.

I hope November is a bit more interesting...

It has been better for the mild fans for sure- there were a few warm, sunny afternoons at the start of the month- I sat outside several times at lunch time in warm sunshine in the first and second weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Throwaway comments like this when it's just 25th October make me dispair. The silly season has arrived sadly.

Well I'm looking for dry weather on models, ecm not too bad in FI, even in winter if not cold, let's have it dry, I want high pressure even if mild

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well looking forward for the next 10 days on the BBC Weather website for this area, I can forecast that a certain poster from Aberdeen is going to be none too pleased. Then again, I might join him in his likely assessment. For the next 10 days we're looking at mainly cloudy, a little rain and very little sun if the forecast is accurate. Add to that a max temp of no more than 12C, a min of no lower than 5C, in fact the temp only varying by a degree or two either side of 10C for large parts of that period.

Not exactly awful compared to what we could be seeing, but far from inspiring. Doesn't really suit the 'coldies' or the 'mildies'. Lets hope for something to mix the forecast up a bit before I succumb to 'weather boredom'.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

17C in Hampshire and W Sussex a short time ago if we can get some sunshine in the south that could help boost temperatures towards 20c