Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Autumn/Winter 2015/16

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

What a great spell of weather we've had here for the past week or so, shame it's coming to end only to be replaced by rubbish wet and windy weather but here's hoping we see more high pressure settled spells as we move further into autumn.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Good that tropical storm Joaquin is continuing to be modeled to miss us, infact hope to do UK a favour, drawing in a southerly and keeping us dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

great post from 'vorticity' over on the md thread

however i disagree that recent weather has been anything but autumnal... imho a settled spell with sunny days and foggy nights is (one type) of autumnal weather.

Posted

Autumn is becoming more and more present. Leaves are starting to turn red, yellow and brown, and the days are getting steadily shorter. And yet, the weather has been far from autumnal, with a high pressure area bringing very calm and fine weather over the past week or so. This all is going to change in the next few days, though, as low pressure activity will become more prevalent from the west.

No one has really said that it hasn't been autumnal though.

there ive made it easier to understand the point i raised! :p

Posted

mushy is it possible for you NOT to want the last word about your and other folks interpretations please?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Well through this week during the day at least it hasn't felt autumnal with temps around the 20c mark with gin clear skies, it's been fantastic and certainly a treat this far north by October standards. The evenings got chilly pretty quickly with mist and fog forming reminding us it is Autumn! :)

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted

I think you know where i am coming from MIA.

People are entitled to post any reasonable views on the models in here but we do get new members every year who may appreciate some objective balance.

I will be as optimistic as anyone wrt cold and snow- if these patterns are around in Winter but for now it's nothing out of the ordinary.

That i suppose was the point of my post. :)

Oh you are a wag Phil. You of all people must know that 'objective balance' is tantamount to heresy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

I think the only people who are moaning about cold winter charts are the people that don't want them lol.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Where were all warm easterlies in Summer when they would have provided something settled and pleasant. I look at the GFS 6z and see persistent easterlies giving temps of 9-12c and raw winds. A potentially hideous spell of weather coming up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Where were all warm easterlies in Summer when they would have provided something settled and pleasant. I look at the GFS 6z and see persistent easterlies giving temps of 9-12c and raw winds. A potentially hideous spell of weather coming up.

Only southerlies and northerlies can really deliver during Autumn (for warmth and cold respectively), easterlies usually end up rather grey and chilly with no joy for anyone, that said the recent spell had high pressure close enough over us to keep cloud amounts down. 

At this point whilst blocking is good to see, it needs to be there come late November and not disappear like last year, hence whilst there are trends with respect to OPI, siberian snow cover etc, I think there is always a lot more to learn and things don't always turn out as planned. Last year was  a prime example.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I think the only people who are moaning about cold winter charts are the people that don't want them lol.

831558.gif

Sorry! couldn't Reist PM :whistling:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

I don't want to see them - those of us somewhat long in the tooth are affected by the cold more those younger.  As it is the nasty British winter culls thousands.  It's also the expense of heating our homes, thanks to our privatised, poorly regulated cartel of energy companies.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Oh you are a wag Phil. You of all people must know that 'objective balance' is tantamount to heresy.

Lol.

A bit of controlled excitement at the right time- as long as it's based on what the charts show -is all part of the Winter delights in there Knocker. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

A little bit of something for everyone .

Some snow for all ,[including south of M4 Corridoor ] some penetrating frosts ,Thick freezing fog ,horizontal rain ,hurricane force winds ,extremely mild temperatures ,rain rain rain ,Take your pick  But you aint guaranteed what you want .

Yes current charts are starting to excite some [including me ] but we all know the score ,so lets chill out crack open a STella or two and chill out .

I,v just checked our Grit bin outside our home and its still full from last winter ,a bit rock solid with rubbish on top ,lets hope it gets a good use this winter ,i,m always mentioning Contrails ,and currently they are very long and wide ,and hanging about a sure sign of plenty of moisture ,The change can now be seen down towards our far s west on the Radar cheers  :drinks:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yes not ideal, for cold and heat fans, Crap having E'lys now, but by far my worst weather is Atlantic air, low pressure storms and rain, so I will take the E'lys

Posted

mushy is it possible for you NOT to want the last word about your and other folks interpretations please?

well i wouldnt have to if people if people read what i posted. 90% of the bickering and 'last words' are due to replies to posts that credit me with saying something i didnt. i find that intensely frustrating, wouldnt you ?

meanwhile theres a pretty grotty few days until a more settled drier weather returns, pretty normal october i guess.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Just for you lot. It can snow in England in October. Ramp it up.

C

post-3489-0-21491500-1444059784_thumb.gi

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Hey, the phantom Northerly's back:  :)

gfsnh-0-360.png?6

Daffodils beware.

daffodil_close_up_snow-thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Just for you lot. It can snow in England in October. Ramp it up.

C

attachicon.gifsnow.gif

Last time was last week of October 2008

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Nice to see some wintry charts beginning to appear even if they are in the depths of fantasy land! Reminding us that the silly season is just around the corner! :) 

• Like 2

Posted

And if they are sticking to what the model run is showing, then they are entitled to post about cold weather, whether you like it or not.

This thread would better suit you if you don't like the riff-raff cluttering up the thread

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76236-in-depth-model-discussion-and-summaries/

Wind your neck in. I didn't say, or suggest, that people aren't entitled to post what they want just as I'm entitled to do the same. Although perhaps on reflection there should be a riff-raff thread.

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Last time was last week of October 2008

Oct 12 gave one very light snow shower in Leeds overnight. I stayed up for it glued to the lamppost.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Oct 12 gave one very light snow shower in Leeds overnight. I stayed up for it glued to the lamppost.

Even in balmy Essex we had snow showers in October 2012. I'd never seen anything like it!

Posted

Even in balmy Essex we had snow showers in October 2012. I'd never seen anything like it!

Yes here too  in  late October 2012 putting up a fence and watched snow shower come in across the Firth in the early afternoon.