Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Storms Autumn 2015

Allseasons-Si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Now it's started raining it looks like it's going to forget when to stop, some very high rainfall totals for the NW of the UK in the coming week, if being modelled accurately...  

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes nearly all the leaves are stripped here to, They should be as good as bare by the weekend.

Posted

Wind picking up again here and it's still raining but not as heavy. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Breezy here but nothing of note. Max gust earlier 48 mph managed 46 mph so still waiting for the first real storm.

Posted

Driving drizzle now in the very strong SW winds.. Hitting 60 odd mph over parts of Wales, around 40-50mph elsewhere... http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Posted

Gusting in excess of 50mph here now, Nice to hear the wind howling again.

Posted

Absolutely grim out there today as I was going for a job interview, with the orographic-rain lashing it down in Dove Holes near to Buxton, the wind gusts didn't help much either leaving me soaked to the skin before I even got into the offices. Time to break out the waterpoofs for the next few days.

Posted

Thursday night into Friday still looking quite stormy for Scotland as a deep depression crosses to the north of the UK, gusts into the 70's mph.

post-9615-0-94539300-1447092222_thumb.pnpost-9615-0-24286800-1447092285_thumb.pnpost-9615-0-63500700-1447092230_thumb.pnpost-9615-0-55364900-1447092236_thumb.pn

Still some worrying rainfall totals over the next week for parts of the NW.

post-9615-0-76179200-1447092373_thumb.gi

Latest flood warning map, quite a number now across N England.

post-9615-0-69052300-1447092608_thumb.pn

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

then the big clean up for me ,can't stand soggy leaves ...

I miss my dog swims and mud snorkling excursions! Want to swap for some warm (19c) anticyclonic gloom and now lowering fog here in Limousin? Looking like it'll calm down a bit by the weekend and beyond - I'll do my best to stretch the high pressure in your direction next weekend! Has there been any flooding in the UK yet? It's something I really hate the thought of. I had a house in the Yorkshire Dales by a river, and we had a night in 2000 when we were all just watching and waiting as bigger and bigger bits of storm debris came down the river and threatened to block the bridge and make the river flood our houses (which was not without precedent)...it was awful and it certainly made us choose very carefully where to live. Thankfully that one night we were OK, but it is a frightening prospect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Do anyone think Tropical storm Kate will reach here?

It is strengthening right now heading for Bahamas. I think the remnants of it is more than likely to reach here because of the jet stream is right over us.

635826599100586531-kate.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2015/11/09/tropical-storm-kate-atlantic/75448088/

That storm needs to keep an eye on. 

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

After a quiet spell we've just hit 58mph so the first storm of the Autumn I make it.

I miss my dog swims and mud snorkling excursions! Want to swap for some warm (19c) anticyclonic gloom and now lowering fog here in Limousin? Looking like it'll calm down a bit by the weekend and beyond - I'll do my best to stretch the high pressure in your direction next weekend! Has there been any flooding in the UK yet? It's something I really hate the thought of. I had a house in the Yorkshire Dales by a river, and we had a night in 2000 when we were all just watching and waiting as bigger and bigger bits of storm debris came down the river and threatened to block the bridge and make the river flood our houses (which was not without precedent)...it was awful and it certainly made us choose very carefully where to live. Thankfully that one night we were OK, but it is a frightening prospect.

I have a stream at the bottom of the garden which is in spate at the moment ,but it's no threat to my property ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I love "in spate". Implies spitting, foaming, spurting water. Glad to know you're safe from flooding. Hubby in the Aire Valley reports howling winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: gales & snow

Do anyone think Tropical storm Kate will reach here?

It is strengthening right now heading for Bahamas. I think the remnants of it is more than likely to reach here because of the jet stream is right over us.

635826599100586531-kate.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2015/11/09/tropical-storm-kate-atlantic/75448088/

That storm needs to keep an eye on.

probably be as powerful as a wet fart Edited by heccygabber

Posted

Thursday night into Friday still looking quite stormy for Scotland as a deep depression crosses to the north of the UK, gusts into the 70's mph.

Aye. The low in question is actually now just east of Hudson Bay.  It's then modeled to be carried SE by jet exiting NA over next 24 hours, before deepening considerably over the mid-Atlantic during mid-latter part of week over as it crosses under left-exit jetstreak.

post-17194-0-63919200-1447098923_thumb.p

post-17194-0-22940900-1447098936_thumb.p

post-17194-0-29168500-1447098947_thumb.p

UKM/ECM not modeling the low as intense, and both hinting at a more N'erly track as it approaches UK. Differences to be expected at this stage.

Cold air aloft/steep lapse rates following passage of cold front during period in question as well, with mild waters developing a marginally unstable environment, so shower activity likely to exacerbate winds locally, should current outputs verify.

Edited by weather09
  • Like 4