Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 hour ago, AderynCoch said:

Had the misfortune of seeing a Dianne Oxberry forecast before.

These are dark times.

Only one thing worse than a crap forecast and that is Diane gloating about it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Well winter coat been put away, might need it next winter... Thinking of selling my unused winter car care kit on eBay, maybe some less clued up person will buy it.. :rofl: :santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
4 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Abysmally boring weather continues ,at least I can spend a fortnight of intoxication  at Christmas to keep me from caring ...

Me too! I'll have my first of many on my flight to Liverpool next Wednesday and then just keep sampling the wines I haven't seen before/had in a while...I'm dreaming of a boozy Christmas!

• Like 1

Posted

Just fairly heavy drizzle here this morning with a noticetable breeze, I'm obviously in the minority to say i actually enjoy to an extent that type of weather aslong as I'm not out in it! At least its some sort of weather rather than just being grey and flat. 

Hopefully next week can bring back some strong gusty winds which the models are hinting at. 

Posted

There's always the dust concentration in the atmosphere to keep a eye on, other than that it's the usual doom and gloomy days all the way up into Christmas. Even weekend is now looking like a wash-out despite the forecast being sunny spells only 2 days ago. Caught a glimpse of some blue-sky earlier on today and I had to do a double-take incase it was just wishful thinking.

Posted

Rain cleared and even a bit of sunshine trying to break through! 13.1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Fishergate centre in preston

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

It is been sunny here again and its quite warm too. Still not luck for any significant cold weather on our way even next week or perhaps after. Hopefully by late January things could turn out better for us coldies when I returned from Tenerife. For me it is not long off from February because I'm going holiday half a month.  Fingers crossed. I hope not miss anything!!

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I actually saw a brief glimpse of the sun today although

then the cloud returned closely followed by the rain so yet another exceptionally mild day has been tempered here by cloud and rain.

i was actually looking forward to feeling these near record breaking temperatures with the added effect of some winter sunshine but with another weekend washout on its way and things cooling from exceptional to just plain mild I think I'm going to be disappointed yet again.

never mind, as soon as mild and rain rain turns to cold and a threat of snow the sun will return to our parts with a vengeance.

Posted
45 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

In Cambridge ,earlier on in the sun  shine it got to 16 c ,crazy !!!

Drop us some off when your going back up the M6 as its in short supply over in East Lancashire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

A shame the band of rain looks to be ahead of schedule. I was hoping 8-10am would be dry for bird ringing tomorrow! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

11.8C here. Dew point 10C. That is some seriously mild air above us for the time of year. Temp slowly creeping up all the time.

Edited by Medlock Vale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

And the temp this morning at 5.55am ... 14.4°C  ridiculous!

Posted

Gone from the bottom photo to top photo here in a few minutes.... Tropical rainstorm.... 33c earlier now 25c....  Here being pangkor laut malaysia.... Luckily went fishing this morning and cooked our catches for lunch before it came down....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, James M said:

And the temp this morning at 5.55am ... 14.4°C  ridiculous!

Currently 13.5c here.

Is it pleasant......no as yet again mist, murk and drizzle looks to be on the menu up here.

when will this crap move away and give us something more like the time of year and when will the seasons in general start to remember what type of weather we should be experiencing.

i used to joke about the only difference between summer and winter being the amount of daylight but after seeing colder daytime maximums than this in both June and July 2015 I think it's worryingly starting to look true.

Posted

19th of December and its pushing 14c at dawn!! It actually feels quite muggy and if it weren't for the rain/drizzle a T shirt would have been fine for the dog walk...