Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather Discussion 14/11/15 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
49 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Diane her usual self on nwtonight again.... Transient and not saying much more about it.... We shall see.... I do remember good evap cooling events in 1990s in iom... Predicted rain got ten inches of snow... Nowcasting i guess... Precip atm looks quite heavy...

Unfortunately though she's probably going to end up being right..........again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
15 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Hoping it will snow next week so I don't have to go to a poncey wedding in Cambridge next week ,Coke snorting banker too :( 

SnortingCoke.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

It is very bad news for Cumbria after GFS 18Z placing rain further north. Cumbria may well receive another 100mm of rain end of Sat tomorrow.  More floods expected. :(

Bad news for me too. There won't be any snow here now tomorrow. Great! :(

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

:blink2:

00z T+300 Christmas Eve good on FI to break the mild monotony.

uksnowrisk.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Latest BBC forecast seems to put the area of persistent snow slightly further north than was being shown last night with it again being reserved for high ground so I'm even more certain of  being wet rather than white here.

i'm not complaining though as to much to do today without having snow causing problems.

still it's even more rain for areas which really don't need it.

never mind though, a climate deal has been struck in Paris so at least our seasons will be back to normal by Monday, or am I being a little optimistic there :)

• Like 1

Posted

2.8c down from 3.1c an hour earlier.

now light drizzle has turned to steady rain with not even a hint of sleet so it looks like  the uppers are not in our favour, as is usually the case these days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Cold and wet! 4.1c with pouring rain...

Posted
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2015 at 1:08 PM, iand61 said:

Getting a bit heavier here now, although as you said the forecast still keeps the heavier stuff away until later.

Agree about events in Paris and it just shows how vulnerable we all are while these idiots are following their lunatic views.

RIP the inocent victims.

Started snowing when I was out in the field with the dogs you could see the Top of Cowpe going white, now quite heavy  but cant settle as too wet.

• Like 1

Posted

Got to say, the GFS model had this rainfall more originally spot on than the UKMO, a lot further North and quite likely to stick around for most of the day. I think the chance of fairly lower level snowfall may come as the low pulls more eastwards and the winds change around to a more Northerly therefore slightly colder air tucking in behind it but I got to say, i think for most it will just be the wet stuff rather than the white stuff. 

I wonder if any BBC forecasts will mention how the rainfall is much further North than they predicted, I know John Hammond is quite honest in times like this but others don't tend to say anything. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms
3 hours ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

:blink2:

00z T+300 Christmas Eve good on FI to break the mild monotony.

uksnowrisk.png

Do not be excited though. I take it as pinch of salt atm. If that were still verifies by next weekend I'll take it.

Edited by pip22

Posted

According to the precip weather type radar it is mostly the wet stuff falling out of the skies atm even at the highest peaks of England and Southern Scotland.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
13 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Do not be excited though. I take it as pinch of salt atm. If that were still verifies by next weekend I'll take it.

Of course at +300 :)

FI is what it is - just that is eye candy for the big day.

Posted

Rain has turned to heavy sleety wet snow here, evaporative cooling taking effect and the colder air is digging in. We may see a surprise slushy deposit at this rate, and I'm looking forward to a decent frost overnight.

Posted

Strange conditions today as temperatures are now down to 1.5c but the rain refuses to even turn sleety here.

i've been out in the car and there is a little settling wet snow above 1200ft but just rain at home.

it looks like the uppers have had the last laugh yet again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Still pouring with rain here and a temp of 3.2c, not looking good for flood hit areas.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Heavy rain and SLEET, wouldn't be able to tell if it wasn't for the skylight window mind, St bees head is at 2c at 1100 down from 5.5c at 0700.