Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Tomasz Schafernaker putting a bit of reality on the cake for this weekends colder spell just now on BBC1

"Feeling colder with some overnight frosts and a few flurries in the north"

TAXI.....

Posted

It's also kicked up a gear here too... and an aeroplane has just passed right above my house.... planes don't normally pass directly above chatham. ...I guess they're changing course due to the wind

Posted

Tomasz Schafernaker putting a bit of reality on the cake for this weekends colder spell just now on BBC1

"Feeling colder with some overnight frosts and a few flurries in the north"

TAXI.....

In experience they only forecast snow when confidence is high it is still unresolved Ben.

In all likelihood he may be right.

Winds have really been picking up here over the last hour the neighbours sunflower is swaying like a rag doll. :p

I apologise for my erratic iPad.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Wind now getting very gusty here at Lowestoft, think things could get very dangerous as we go through the late evening.

Timbo do you look at Lowestoft weather warnings and norfolk/suffolk travel on facebook?I find them very useful for keeping a eye on the weather around here as people post about trees down, transport issues, flooding, etc there as it happens.

Posted

It's just started to go mental here in Essex. Take back what I said, if this is 3 hours before the peak then... lordy. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

It's just started to go mental here in Essex. Take back what I said, if this is 3 hours before the peak then... lordy. 

know what you mean, pretty bad out there now, wonder what it will be like later  :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

In experience they only forecast snow when confidence is high it is still unresolved Ben.

In all likelihood he may be right.

Winds have really been picking up here over the last hour the neighbours sunflower is swaying like a rag doll. :p

I apologise for my erratic iPad.

BBC London forecast going for Cloud and 8c on Saturday.

Not surprising as apart from the latest GFS other det.model runs offer no support for a channel low or snowfall in our region apart from the wishbone effect. ie.. EA

Let's see what the ECM does..

Edit: well said Nick Sussex over on the MOD thread. ECM hero to villain in the space of 12 hours - oh dear!!

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted

BBC London forecast going for Cloud and 8c on Saturday.

Not surprising as apart from the latest GFS other det.model runs offer no support for a channel low or snowfall in our region apart from the wishbone effect. ie.. EA

Let's see what the ECM does..

Edit: well said Nick Sussex over on the MOD thread. ECM hero to villain in the space of 12 hours - oh dear!!

GFS is going for an absolute maximum of 3C on Saturday quite frankly it should be ignored.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Not sure where Barney is but he isn't here for sure .Yes it's a bit gusty but nothing more than a usual Autumn storm .See what happens between 9pm and 1am when the highest winds are predicted .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Well i had 3 house bricks covered in cement and a heavy plant pot, against my back gate, they have moved a foot and my gates blown in  :shok: ,its bad out there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Very windy here  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Very winding and strong gusts just now.

Posted

Playing out as expected so far. Those of us in North and West of our region reporting strongest gales. Don't forget that squeeze on the isobars has yet to cross us.