Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Shafali on the 'Midlands Today' weather forecast predicting a few cms for areas between 200-400m on Friday. Too low here though it seems for a decent covering but still time for upgrades I suppose. There's a few tiny flakes of snow falling again now but probably won't last as it's partly sunny. All the snow we had this morning has completely gone now aswell.

Posted
1 minute ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Shafali on the 'Midlands Today' weather forecast predicting a few cms for areas between 200-400m on Friday. Too low here though it seems for a decent covering but still time for upgrades I suppose. There's a few tiny flakes of snow falling again now but probably won't last as it's partly sunny. All the snow we had this morning has completely gone now aswell.

To be honest  mate  think she is just quoting the met office warning.  who knows what will happen

Edited by weirpig

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

To be honest  mate  things she is just quoting the met office warning.  who knows what will happen

Well there's a chance I suppose and as usual we probably won't know until the day itself. Might go to the Peaks on Saturday though providing they get what is forecast up there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Yes fizzychops!! You must have sent it my way because we are currently going through a heavy shower of sleet and soft hail on the outskirts of Banbury. Maybe it can snow in Oxfordshire after all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
7 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Yes fizzychops!! You must have sent it my way because we are currently going through a heavy shower of sleet and soft hail on the outskirts of Banbury. Maybe it can snow in Oxfordshire after all!

Glad to have been of service! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
16 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Wet snow here very windy.... now hail

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

What a morning folks

Here  - rain, sleet, rain (1hr),dry 30mins,rain, sleet, heavy rain (45 mins), sleet (30mins), wet heavy snow (30 mins), dry, sunshine, hail,snow, and for the last half hour  brilliant sunshine.  Phew...  Did I miss anything?.

The temp started at 3.8C went up to 5.2C then dropped to 2.5C and now its at 4.2C

Rainfall was 10.5 mms.

At least I have seen some flakes this winter.  Oh.oh its not winter anymore!!!:yahoo:

I was out in the car and it was even more exciting. At one point it went from rain to  sleet (half a mile), then a half mile blizzard, then a half mile of hail, and then at my destination (200meters) it was dry!!!! Not unusual you might think .... but I only  drove 2 miles and the rain just continued pouring down at my start point.!!!!!!                  It was also before the main band of sleet and snow arrived.

Great stuff.....:D:D:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

There is actually snow flakes mixed in with the rain here in Oxford city centre! There is a god :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
12 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

What a morning folks

Here  - rain, sleet, rain (1hr),dry 30mins,rain, sleet, heavy rain (45 mins), sleet (30mins), wet heavy snow (30 mins), dry, sunshine, hail,snow, and for the last half hour  brilliant sunshine.  Phew...  Did I miss anything?.

No, that about sums it up.... 

Edited by fizz511
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just up at the Cat, A few miles from me.. heavy snow starting to cover the roads, Temp 0c in car 

20160302_165113_Richtone(HDR).jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Started raining here. Starting to get a bit sleety now it's getting heavier which I confirmed by putting my sleeve out the window. Hope it turns to pure snow.

Posted

Flash just now

20160302_172023_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Posted

Yes Walsall wood snow can confirm sleet now back home in pelsall gone very overcast

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

snowy morning, was heavy at times, rain/sleet as well, but now feels milder as less cold uppers move down from the north

good to see falling snow, huge fire broke out about 1 mile north east of town centre, smoke billowing out all day

Posted
3 minutes ago, nobble said:

Yes Walsall wood snow can confirm sleet now back home in pelsall gone very overcast

Still more rain than sleet here though at the moment. If it came down more heavily there would probably be more snowflakes within it though.

Posted

For a bit of fun thats me in the black car outside flash bar stores taken by there online webcam just..Of home to put tea on now ☺

Screenshot_2016-03-02-17-31-46.png

• Like 3

Posted
23 minutes ago, nobble said:

Must be my elevation advantage Walsall wood:)

Yeah dam you Pelsallian highlanders.:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Heavy sleet here about 6pm for a bit. Cheshire gap streamer on offer tonight? 

Posted

The wind is gusting really strong here. Just lost a couple of fence panels :-(

Still not been able to repair the ones from the last lot of gales.

This winter is a pile of shyte! :-(

Edited by cyclonic happiness
  • Like 1

Posted

Snizzling here at present, you can see it under the street lights. Very windy too. If it was big flakes of snow there would be a blizzard.

Posted

Some interest tonight above 200m as a front moves South stalling over the Midlands in the early hours could bring some snowfall for parts.

From Meto..

A band of rain, sleet and hill snow is expected to cross Northern Ireland and southwest Scotland on Thursday afternoon, moving into northern England and north Wales during Thursday evening. Snow is not currently expected to be disruptive at low levels, but is expected to settle on high ground above 200 metres. Please be aware of the likelihood of difficult driving conditions, and that some moderate-level disruption is possible. There remains some uncertainty about the northern extent of the precipitation. The precipitation type is also finely balanced, with its intensity having a bearing on whether it falls as rain or snow to low levels. This warning will therefore be kept under review and be updated as necessary.

A developing low pressure system is expected to move southeastwards across the UK on Thursday, bringing a band of rain which is expected at times to turn to sleet or wet snow. The main risk of accumulating snow is during Friday on high ground of northern England and north Wales above around 200 m, where 2 to 5 cm is expected. Above 300 m around 10 cm or more could accumulate, with some drifting possible in the strong winds which develop around the periphery of the low pressure centre.

Edited by Polar Maritime