Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Think some of you are getting ahead of yourselves a bit. Don't expect much of any settling snow away from high ground into. Besides this is mainly just showers. However best of luck! For most, just a snow shower will beat whatever has been seen over winter! :)

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Think some of you are getting ahead of yourselves a bit. Don't expect much of any settling snow away from high ground into. Besides this is mainly just showers. However best of luck! For most, just a snow shower will beat whatever has been seen over winter! :)

ehh  dont think anyones predicting snowmaggedon   just periods of showers  some could be heavy.  Friday on the other hand could possibly be more

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

agree with that, but weirpig may see lots 215m not too bad, but I have been telling people about washout Stafford tomorrow, similar to Wed 17th Feb

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

agree with that, but weirpig may see lots 215m not too bad, but I have been telling people about washout Stafford tomorrow, similar to Wed 17th Feb

I think your postion is more favourable  being more north    a covering would be nice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

ehh  dont think anyones predicting snowmaggedon   just periods of showers  some could be heavy.  Friday on the other hand could possibly be more

Didn't say that anyone was expecting snowmagedon. Just commenting on the showery hit and miss nature of things rather. You'll be ok up in sedgely. One of the best places in the area for snow because of your height so you needn't worry as long as the Ppn arrives! Lol.

friday I'm not sure right now. By the way I urge caution on the girl am charts as they seem to over apply the snow hatch lines very liberally! They have been quite wrong in the past when other models were right for being much more conservative.

Posted
Just now, Costa Del Fal said:

Didn't say that anyone was expecting snowmagedon. Just commenting on the showery hit and miss nature of things rather. You'll be ok up in sedgely. One of the best places in the area for snow because of your height so you needn't worry as long as the Ppn arrives! Lol.

friday I'm not sure right now. By the way I urge caution on the girl am charts as they seem to over apply the snow hatch lines very liberally! They have been quite wrong in the past when other models were right for being much more conservative.

Girl am charts.     quality

Posted
1 minute ago, Costa Del Fal said:

friday even less chance for high levels, big mild sector modeled over midlands, another wet day coming up

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Im down for having moderate snow from 3-6am then light snow showers all morning ☺

Posted
3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Girl am charts.     quality

Haha whoops!

Hirlam!! Hirlam!! 

Flippin predictive text. Caught me out so many times! Lol.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Staffordshire said:

Think you guys could cop a couple cm of snow tomorrow am, especially those in the peaks or with a bit of elevation, also Friday is one to keep an eye on.

Leeds should see more than any of us i would have thought?

Posted
Just now, weirpig said:

Leeds should see more than any of us i would have thought?

I have the issue of elevation up here, and being right in the city is a bit of an issue, but i will keep my fingers crossed.

Posted

Well ecm precipitation charts look tasty mid day tomorrow for much of the midlands!!has a band of snow across the midlands with 850 temps of -6/-7!!!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Staffordshire said:

I have the issue of elevation up here, and being right in the city is a bit of an issue, but i will keep my fingers crossed.

Gentleshaw will be okay 216m asl, elevation rules, low levels suck

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

It'll be nice just to see some falling Guys......Whoops!...still holding my breath :whistling:

Bring it on shaky  8)

Posted
2 minutes ago, shaky said:

Well ecm precipitation charts look tasty mid day tomorrow for much of the midlands!!has a band of snow across the midlands with 850 temps of -6/-7!!!

Can you post those charts  shaky?  have looked everywhere for them.

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Gentleshaw will be okay 216m asl, elevation rules, low levels suck

I'm up in Leeds now mark, during in term time, if i was back home yes i would be fairly excited.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Hoping to get something here tonight, elevation is on my side but not sure if it will skirt to the north of us

Posted
5 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Can you post those charts  shaky?  have looked everywhere for them.

http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=temp

160301_1200_24.png160301_1200_24.png

Posted
6 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Thanking you.  Must be what the met office use on their site they have me down for a heavy shower at 12.00

Heavy showers merging to give more prolonged :cold:......Sounds much better :D.... FINGERS CROSSED!!! :good:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Heavy showers merging to give more prolonged :cold:......Sounds much better :D.... FINGERS CROSSED!!! :good:

Yep  the french hi res  model also has heavy ppn over us at the sametime.  Whether it be rain or snow heres hoping

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
2 hours ago, weirpig said:

i think we will see some snow   met office have me down for a period of heavy snow  wednesday

Just down the road from you it says a sleet/rain mix here so maybe marginal and local. Friday still up for grabs though.

Damm now all rain grrr.

Edited by snowangel32

Posted

Oh no.

Not more snow.

I haven't finished sweeping up all that snow from January and February yet.

What are we going to do?

:diablo:

• Like 1