Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
14 minutes ago, pegg24 said:

Met office has northants down in yellow warning for 2 to 5cm can't see it myself got heavy rain till 12 pm lol. Massive change from yesterday forecast between 7pm to 9am thursdsy morning for snow what a joke.

They've been on the funny fags again. If Northants even gets a CM tonight, I will run around Oxford City centre in just my pants and get someone to film it as proof!

Posted

OK, no-one is to say,

"At least winters can't get any worse,"

alright?

I mean it, button it all of you.

We all said it after 2013/14 and look what's happened!

I mean it...

...shut it!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
6 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Been a rubbish Winter hasn't it fizzychops. Recurring theme for the last few years now really.

Yup. Think you need to move back to Leicester, I think you've jinxed us moving away!

Although, thinking about it, I seem to remember you didn't get much snow when you were there either...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
6 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

They've been on the funny fags again. If Northants even gets a CM tonight, I will run around Oxford City centre in just my pants and get someone to film it as proof!

Crying with laughter at the very thought!

Posted
Just now, fizz511 said:

Yup. Think you need to move back to Leicester, I think you've jinxed us moving away!

Although, thinking about it, I seem to remember you didn't get much snow when you were there either...

Leicester have suddenly got good at other things though.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

Haha! Well it was pretty poor for snow events when I was there but it started to improve a bit just before I moved away! Dec 2010 was a pretty good event which stuck around for a good 4-5 days. Also Jan 2013 was pretty good for snow too. I moved to Oxfordshire in Feb 2013 and seen like 2-3cm at best here. That melted about 6 hours later anyway!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, bigsnow said:

Oh well at least next winter cant be any worse....:diablo:

why, you definitely moving oop norf? 402m asl

and Andy agree c'mon leicester! easy match next 

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
18 minutes ago, Gord said:

OK, no-one is to say,

"At least winters can't get any worse,"

alright?

I mean it, button it all of you.

We all said it after 2013/14 and look what's happened!

I mean it...

...shut it!

You'll be saying next, that I was right all along, believing in the m/e

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

why, you definitely moving oop norf? 402m asl

and Andy agree c'mon leicester! easy match next 

No not doing that for a few years... just think next winter has to better than this.... this is worse than 13/14

Posted
Just now, bigsnow said:

No not doing that for a few years... just think next winter has to better than this.... this is worse than 13/14

not sure if its worse here, had kind of 3 lots of lying snow! 20th Nov, 15th and 16-17th Jan, Feb though will be snowless

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Heat

Climate change skeptics should start rethinking:fool:. There is a clear indication from both summer and winters of course with a few exceptions. Milder summers and winters,  now that's food for thought.

Posted
22 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

You'll be saying next, that I was right all along, believing in the m/e

You are right. You do believe in the m/e! :D

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

this winter has been total 'pants' and must be one of the worst monotonously boring winters since (or even surpassing) 2013 and thats saying something.  i can't even bring myself to look forward to next winter now if this is the way our winters are going.  utter dross.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not sure if its worse here, had kind of 3 lots of lying snow! 20th Nov, 15th and 16-17th Jan, Feb though will be snowless

we have had 1 day of lying snow which is more than most have had but is quite frankly ridiculous, even for the UK's mild winters.  we used to have an average of 10 days lying snow but this seems to have reduced to 1 or 2 at best most winters now.  i used to look forward to winter but now i am starting to dread them as all we end up with is gales and cold rain/sleet.  i hate it.

Posted
2 minutes ago, snow freak said:

we have had 1 day of lying snow which is more than most have had but is quite frankly ridiculous, even for the UK's mild winters.  we used to have an average of 10 days lying snow but this seems to have reduced to 1 or 2 at best most winters now.  i used to look forward to winter but now i am starting to dread them as all we end up with is gales and cold rain/sleet.  i hate it.

think I am getting to the stage now where Summer is my favourite season, Everyone I know, knows winters are getting milder and less snowy on average over the last 15 or so years, think most do on here aswell but don't admit it

Posted
13 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

think I am getting to the stage now where Summer is my favourite season, Everyone I know, knows winters are getting milder and less snowy on average over the last 15 or so years, think most do on here aswell but don't admit it

i hate to admit it but i think you are right.  okay even our summers arent great or reliable but at least we can be almost assured that we will get some hot sunny days whereas winter cannot even muster a few snow days now.

Posted
Just now, snow freak said:

i hate to admit it but i think you are right.  okay even our summers arent great or reliable but at least we can be almost assured that we will get some hot sunny days whereas winter cannot even muster a few snow days now.

Summers still good though, seem like they are getting cooler, but not so sure on that, as I am with milder winters, rarely feels unpleasant in Summer, really like warm April's May's as well

Posted

Despite cycling home from work and getting absolutely soaked, I couldn't help but think about 'what if'. It's been raining continious here all day since around 9:30. It's picked up again now and is raining quite heavily. We must have had around 20-25mm of rain in the past 12 hours here. If only it had been a few degrees colder and if only the colder air had arrived this morning. Could have been looking at a dumping of snow :( instead, we have flooded roads.

Edited by andy_leics22
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Back in stockholm now. Will be back in the midlands on Saturday but before that we have some heavy snow forecast for tomorrow (Thursday) morning through till lunchtime. :) 

Not surpised to hear it's gone pear shaped in the uk again. Really has been a boring winter there.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

You shouldn't be too downhearted as this very poor winter for you Midlanders is average par for the course here in Wirral every year. Just remember it could be much worse. Here we haven't even recorded an airfrost this Winter... Never mind snow

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cool night with clear spells and a frost forming in the early hours with a low of -1.4c, Currently patchy cloud and a hard frost with some mist down in the valleys.

Temp -1.4c

Dp -2c

Wind W/S/W Avg 3mph

Rain 0.0mm

Rain 24hrs 13.4mm

Posted

Towel thrown in for me now, for winter weather, soon be march, for here winter's over (that's if there was one)

Will, you were right in the SE thread about rain! I wasn't so sure as thought front would stall and cold air would catch it up