Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Heavy, sleety rain here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

I wish you guys would stop winding up all the people who read the Scottish regional forum with photos of snow and talk of temperatures hovering around the freezing mark and Buzz words like sleet hail thunder and lightning .I've been looking in the model discussion forum the last couple of weeks and it's all talk about bbqs shorts and t-shirts and beaches even woodsheds I appreciate a good windup as much as the next person but enough is enough .

Currently 1.5c and heavy sleet showers with a  raw icy wind :cold::cold:

• Like 4

Posted

As we've informed the Lowther Hills Ski Club members now, I can share the post-Desmond scene that greeted us on Sunday with our (nearly 2 tonne with its contents) portacabin that had been donated by Clark Tracks from Dumfries and had served as a temporary club hut, found about 200 metres away from where we'd positioned it halfway up the hill. An enormous amount of work had gone into setting it up but it's totally wrecked and it'll be an interesting recovery and clear-up mission, the last thing we need as we've got so much still to do ready for the season. It's not the first storm damage we've suffered, and it won't be the last so we'll just get on with making Scotland's only not-for-profit ski centre happen :-)

23636336025_c02881689b_o.jpg23610245146_9822a12704_h.jpg23553943161_4dc8eeaf4e_h.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Another day of falling snow in dollar :) min of 1.4 at 5pm, now sitting at a balmy 2.6º. Max of 8.3º at 00.10am 

Today's rain 14,6mm so far. 

Posted

Sleety/snowy muck passing through here, little white pellets landing on my jacket, not sure what that is, is it soft hail, half hail, small hail, hail in the development stage, half melted snow drops, half frozen rain drops or sleet in the process of further freezing, not sure!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
47 minutes ago, grifter said:

Sleety/snowy muck passing through here, little white pellets landing on my jacket, not sure what that is, is it soft hail, half hail, small hail, hail in the development stage, half melted snow drops, half frozen rain drops or sleet in the process of further freezing, not sure!

It's splat! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Heavy wet sleet here now, having been largely dry until past 20 mins or so.

T was steady at about 4 C, but dropping quite quickly in the sleet.

Increasingly wintry on the M74 Beattock cams, which I suppose is good for me.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Just hovering above freezing here, which is lower than forecast, unusually.  The car will be a block of ice in the morning, again unusually.  I wonder how white the site I'll be at tomorrow will be...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
2 hours ago, grifter said:

I think the technical term for that is Graupel. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graupel

Weather station currently showing -1.5C and dropping. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Some nice cells around today, long may that continue, if the 'action' from the NWest is going to continue delivering like that until we opefully get a shift for Winter then all good !

Caught a great view of this one rolling through the M 8 corridor on the way home today against the failing light. Pretty Epic to see.

• Like 3

Posted

Good photo that is.. Just shows you how Far East these showers can go helped by a strong wind.. That wind has picked up again here been an evening of heavy wintry showers.. Doesn't look like we are in for dry weather soon.. Met Office predict an easterly wind Saturday but will be short lived..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather in winter

And day five now of falling snow in Galashiels.More to come in next days.Who needs a Scandi high when you live in Scotland likes? ;-) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Nae snaw, but a decent enough ground frost.

Fairly icy given the sleet last night.

2.0 C.

• Like 2

Posted

Fine winters morning wintry showers to west a slight ground frost drying up the mud and currently clear and 0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Overnight low of -1.7C with a slight frost. Started off clear but clouding over now, light stuff with some blue patches still remaining. Temp up to 2.4C and no wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Hard frost here this morning, thermometer read 1.4 earlier. Neighbour spinning wheels going up the hill, and snow lying a tiny wee bit higher up. Looks like it's going to do something today :)

Posted

A half melted covering of snow here this morning.  I looked out at about 4am and it was frozen but it's now raining and melting quickly. 

Snow warning also out for the North West - look's like glencoe might be getting a good dump of snow. Traffic cams looking snowy in the area too!

Posted

Fantastic  winters day with sunshine / blue skies and the   wind has dropped off .   Frost lying in the shade,  currently 1.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

3C at 8 this morning and I thought it'd be ok on site.  Clear all the way down to Invermoriston then once I left the big buffer (Loch Ness) behind, down came the snow line to roadside.  Heavy wet snow for an hour before I said fukit and went home. Guess what, it's raining at home!

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1