Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

More heavy showers this morning, ground now very wet but great for ploughing out old grassland.Currently 5c and still overcast and dark.

Got round bale silage analysed a month ago stark difference between mid June and 1st September cuts with June low qualty and September being above average quality, a complete diet with no supplementation needed. This was a direct reflection of the summer weather of two halves with a very cool damp first half and a much drier warmer second half especially August. A cold  frosty May and June did not help the first cut  either which was about two weeks later than normal.

• Like 1

Posted

Showers around today. Not the best day ever but not as cold as it was over the weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Just had two jaffa cakes-poor wet days near Thurso.  Heavy rain, turning slightly sleety to low level this afternoon.  Home and dry now, not going back there till it dries up a bit.

• Like 1

Posted

Is 'just two' Jaffa Cakes possible HC?.. moreish wee bug*ers

Aye driving sleet here too at times with occasional, fleeting, showers of snow in the mess. All accompanied by a bitter wind. Pained expression in the face type weather

Posted

Is 'just two' Jaffa Cakes possible HC?.. moreish wee bug*ers

Aye driving sleet here too at times with occasional, fleeting, showers of snow in the mess. All accompanied by a bitter wind. Pained expression in the face type weather

Someone's been messing wit the swear filtration... what happened to the good old 'left trouser leg'?

Yeah, I wasn't above about 200m today and all relatively coastal... Some of those showers were immense though, and weather like that is very dramatic in Caithness - you see it coming half way from Cape Wrath if you have a little elevation.  A big sky, half of it trying to be blue while the grey half gets bigger and darker.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

I assumed the filter HC but I'd have let you off with dietary updates given how quiet it's been in here

Haven't been up Caithness way in a while but the weather is certainly rarely subtle there. I'd take something subtle today though, don't think I have the layers for a repeat of yesterday. Horrible weather

Edited by Northern Strath

I assumed the filter HC but I'd have let you off with dietary updates given how quiet it's been in here

Haven't been up Caithness way in a while but the weather is certainly rarely subtle there. I'd take something subtle today though, don't think I have the layers for a repeat of yesterday. Horrible weather

I'm not surprised it's quiet, apart from a couple of cold blips and a couple of bouts of breeze, there's nowt much doing with the weather. We'll need to fill the thread up with some inane chat. What's this about Jaffa Cakes? Mmmmmm :D

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Yep November has not been that interesting. No widespread frosts or deep freezes and one nominal snow day. I see there is snow forecast for Friday evening but it's marginal.....again! :closedeyes:

Posted

How many is too many Catch? I think I can do anything between 4 and a wheelbarrow full

Chocolate Hobnobs for me please, or some of Ms HC's flapjack.  Trouble with Jaffa Cakes is they're too small and I'm always expecting a bit more of the orangey bit...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Just like everything, I'm sure that the 'orangey bit' has shrunk over the years. Now if you want a decent, fill you up type 'biscuit' then it has to be an Empire Biscuit. Plenty of jam and icing and there's even a Jelly Tot on top.

Oh, weather...ehm..unexciting. Sunny and scattered cloud, around 7C currently (5C overnight) and a decent NW breeze. Tomorrow and Friday look as if they'll firmly be in the 'mild' category, but weekend cooler again with some snow possible over the hills. After that, we'll anyone's guess, but nothing majorly exciting being hinted at by the models.

How many is too many Catch? I think I can do anything between 4 and a wheelbarrow full

It's fully dependent upon how big a cup of tea you've got to go with it. No cup of tea = ten Jaffa Cakes. Large cup of tea = forty three Jaffa Cakes. They're not exactly very filling. I'm more of a chocolate digestive or KitKat kinda person. Or cake. Don't get me started on proper cake.

Edit: In fairness to the charts there is some reasonable snow shower potential on Friday night into Saturday, certainly at altitude and possibly to lower levels in the north too.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

I'm with you Ravelin, empire biscuits. Jaffa cakes don't do it for me.

Pleasant day in NE Fife, fair skies, 9c in light winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Dull, dreich, damp and cold here, as it was yesterday. And there is no such thing as too many Jaffa Cakes! However, several packets of Tunnocks Caramel Logs along wi' a bucket o' tea is highly acceptable. Failing that, several Chunky Kit Kats will also do the trick!

Posted

Jees just checked the Polmont November weather records. 1 frost day 0.1c. That's pretty rubbish for the 25th day of November. Average temp is 8.1c.

It's a long way from "winter's over", it's simply going to take a while to get going. Tonight's ECM is a bit of a snooze fest, I might crack open some charts tonight if my insomnia rears its head :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Thought I'd check in too.

Did someone mention Jaffas and caramel logs ? had one of each today! Hoping to get my Christmas cake made tomorrow (did I mention cake)

Weather today was pretty nice and dry this morning, cooler, breezier and the odd spot of rain this afternoon but not too bad.

Now for tomorrow when I need to clean the car! And clean out the chooks & as ever walk the dog - it'll be pouring rain - checks forecast and by gum its to be dry the morn !!! Might even manage a cuppa outdoors with a biccie? But which type of biccie ?

Edited by snowy owl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

Can't say the temps feel any different, than last year, so far this Autumn.  Haven't had as high winds which I have been grateful for and a nice wee snow event last week was much appreciated.  I look forward to winter and whatever weather it brings - hoping for hill snow at least to allow some family sliding events but trying not to dwell on it too much (that last point was a wee white lie, replace hoping for praying!) :wink:

Edited by snawbaw

Posted

Still a wee bit of interest for overnight into Saturday for those further North, further West, a wee area South, mainly away from the coast and with altitude  :)

15112800_2600.gif

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Braw day, sun is shining.

Fantastic moon this morning too, very large and sitting just above the horizon, it was amazingly beautiful.

Going forward looks rather damp at times:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Temperature hit 14.5C in Dyce early this afternoon, I thought it felt a bit warm when I nipped out to the car at lunchtime. Being dray and sunny with light winds probably helped matters somewhat.

Forget biscuits, it'll be a 'mint choc chip' ice cream cone at this rate.

Posted

Another not very inspiring day. Cloudy with drizzle although not too cold. Quite misty too

Still a wee bit of interest for overnight into Saturday for those further North, further West, a wee area South, mainly away from the coast and with altitude  :)

15112800_2600.gif

I think there's a decent chance for almost anywhere to see falling snow early on Saturday, but the snow threat recedes to the north later in the morning:

15112800_2612.gif

15112812_2612.gif