Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

There's no escaping that outputs still look appalling for the south at least and that makes me realise why I'm moving back north soon in a couple of months. It's snowing now where I'm moving to, if they can get it in such an appalling, depressing winter there then it's looking good for any winter. Something to look forward to; It's going to improve my mental state no end in winter and hopefully summers will be noticeably cooler there. Being here near places that generally record the highest temperatures has kept me shut indoors at times, praying that the air conditioning unit doesn't pack up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
2 hours ago, joggs said:

Horrible winter this has been.Westerly driven crap.

Fully agree joggs, this winter is a bag of sh*te:diablo::laugh:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Horrible gfs this morning, ecm is better, hoping this warming strat can finally rid of this perpetual Greenland PV sometime soon!!!

not bad for you, decent location, north, good elevation, what about us in the south with no height, just normal autumnal weather

I mean this Gertrude and Henry thing is more what I call autumn

• Like 1

Posted

Some interesting comments from North America 

"This sucks, mild winter in north east, yea i know we had the snow storm but come on this winter sucks overall"

And a response to this

"At least you got the big one, that's what I'm always hoping for in The Greater Toronto area. Our biggest one day snow accumulation is 2" this year and I doubt we'll ever see a storm with 20-30"

• Like 2

Posted

met update uninspiring ,really time to write off this winter now :(

Yet another winter without a deep fetch Easterly or long lasting Northerly ,pathetic  effort winter 2015/16

Roll on spring and most probably ,SNOW :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Brutal cold forecast

Michael Ventrice ‏@MJVentrice 19m19 minutes ago

Ridge to build from California up to the N. Pole and into Greenland. This will open the arctic gates for brutal cold

Arct.thumb.jpg.9f4d959d361135ee9059952e1

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

met update uninspiring ,really time to write off this winter now :(

Yet another winter without a deep fetch Easterly or long lasting Northerly ,pathetic  effort winter 2015/16

Roll on spring and most probably ,SNOW :rofl:

"There is the chance of more widespread cold conditions developing towards mid-February." I wouldn't call that uninspiring 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
46 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Some interesting comments from North America 

"This sucks, mild winter in north east, yea i know we had the snow storm but come on this winter sucks overall"

And a response to this

"At least you got the big one, that's what I'm always hoping for in The Greater Toronto area. Our biggest one day snow accumulation is 2" this year and I doubt we'll ever see a storm with 20-30"

That sounds even better when read in a Donald Trmup-esque whine!:rofl:

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted

As North east usa usually get a decent winter but i wouldn't sniff at 2" inches of Snow all iv'e seen is 2 snowflakes at best,looks to me like usual it will be late cold sping march into april like last year URGH .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I'd be happy with an average of 2" snow every winter

• Like 1

Posted

Well as the 12's trickle out little sign of any decent  cold for the next week or so 

Storms also more to our North so all a bit of a bore fest really

I know many look forward to snow in Feb and even March and it can and does happen.

In my opinion however this Winter has drifted away from us

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
55 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

I'd be happy with an average of 2" snow every winter

And your in Cumbria, should be a prime location for snow but it just rains all the time. Grrr

Even today I was expecting a lot more snow in the North but its raining in many places even in Scotland, although it may turn back to mainly snow this evening.

Yes I'm thinking about a cold and snowy Easter now, although if I am honest I would prefer to see it warming up by then.

Lots of flowers in bloom around here, noticed an expanse of Yellow yesterday where you normally get the late February early March dafs. :nonono:

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
3 hours ago, Frosty. said:

Fully agree joggs, this winter is a bag of sh*te:diablo::laugh:

Bloody hell Frosty, must be bad when you start giving up :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Let's just face it guys...this so called winter is one big fat fail (unless you're in Scotland or at elevation in Northern England).

Its all Jam Tomorrow charts 10 days away or worse which never come into the reliable. All too reminiscent of 2013/14 for me. Same comments as now were being trotted out as well...if x happens...we need y to happen...

None of it did....not convinced this one will deliver at all. Just want Spring now...not so much a case of model fatigue...but a definately case of Jam tomorrow chart fatigue...rain and wind fatigue...only 2 air frosts and no falling/lying snow all winter fatigue. Had enough now.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 4

Posted

Looking at models we will be lucky to get that NW flow in the second half of february which will of course do nothing with exceptionally warm continent. Not a single ice day on 12z GFS with spring in full swing. It really is a neverending story but it will soon turn into a nightmare. Last thing we needed was another warm and dry winter.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, daz_4 said:

Looking at models we will be lucky to get that NW flow in the second half of february which will of course do nothing with exceptionally warm continent. Not a single ice day on 12z GFS with spring in full swing. It really is a neverending story but it will soon turn into a nightmare. Last thing we needed was another warm and dry winter.

hu ??  DRY ???:cc_confused::cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I would imagine that it is already drought conditions in many places in Europe, that Euro high has stuck around for three months now. 

Wait and see, late March and April will be horrible, cold Easterly, Northerly winds! Yuk.

Posted
4 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

hu ??  DRY ???:cc_confused::cc_confused:

Hes in Czech Republic Sleety.

Posted

Yeah, I'm talking about my location :) The Euro high isn't doing any of us favour. We are in exceptional drought and you are drowning in rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
1 hour ago, shotski said:

Bloody hell Frosty, must be bad when you start giving up :sorry:

Well, just being brutally honest, something I wouldn't get away with in the model output discussion but I'm not giving up on Feb since it hasn't even started yet, just commenting on this winter so far.:D

Posted
52 minutes ago, daz_4 said:

Yeah, I'm talking about my location :) The Euro high isn't doing any of us favour. We are in exceptional drought and you are drowning in rain. 

KL, and about 6c above average in czech ,crazy this euro high lasted since november ,why cant we ever get a scandi high to last 3 months,never happens !

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Let's just face it guys...this so called winter is one big fat fail (unless you're in Scotland or at elevation in Northern England).

Its all Jam Tomorrow charts 10 days away or worse which never come into the reliable. All too reminiscent of 2013/14 for me. Same comments as now were being trotted out as well...if x happens...we need y to happen...

None of it did....not convinced this one will deliver at all. Just want Spring now...not so much a case of model fatigue...but a definately case of Jam tomorrow chart fatigue...rain and wind fatigue...only 2 air frosts and no falling/lying snow all winter fatigue. Had enough now.

the thing that's become less frequent in the môdern era is mainly lack of  high pressure near us cold or mild, as well as the obvious increase in Atlantic air, and the cold spells to be less cold and shorter

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

I just looked at some f the NCEP archive charts on Meteociel to cheer me up by looking at a number of good winters, the difference in how the hemisphere looks now and most years is shocking. 

Then I checked what were supposed to be poor years (as per http://www.neforum2.co.uk/ferryhillweather/bonacina.html_ Sometimes there were years like the last few but rarely and even then there were periods of high pressure.

• Like 1