Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
9 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

Precisely. The desire to drive their 6l behemoths around trumps (no pun intended) any motivation to stop churning out pollutants. Measures to limit global warming are an inconvenience to some so let's just ignore it. Or, better still, deny it's even happening so reality doesn't burst their pretty little bubbles :wallbash:

We did 1400 miles driving around Florida in a 4x4 Petrol automatic so obviously not a machine designed to save the planet and it ended up costing us under £70 in fuel.

sort of puts it into perspective.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Please...let this unsettled horribleness end! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
2 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Please...let this unsettled horribleness end! 

Nick today's unsettled horribleness is supposed to be for you lot in the south.

you're just to generous letting us up the country share in it with you and adding to my already saturated ground.:D

please remember to do the same when it's heavy snow or a Spanish plume in summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Just now, iand61 said:

Nick today's unsettled horribleness is supposed to be for you lot in the south.

you're just to generous letting us up the country share in it with you and adding to my already saturated ground.:D

please remember to do the same when it's heavy snow or a Spanish plume in summer

At least the strong winds are making it a little interesting. Although it's going to be creaky at work with our corrugated roof...

And heavy snow? Down here? You're having a giraffe! :D

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Nick L said:

At least the strong winds are making it a little interesting. Although it's going to be creaky at work with our corrugated roof...

And heavy snow? Down here? You're having a giraffe! :D

Not much wind here but peeeeeeeeeing down.

as for snow, don't worry it's been dire here as well and I'm not exactly on low ground.

maybe something of interest next week but we've been saying that for months now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Even Wrexham could see a CM Next week.

Who knows the Towel may have to be thrown back out of the ring.:D

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
22 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Even Wrexham could see a CM Next week.

Who knows the Towel may have to be thrown back out of the ring.:D

C.S

Just checked the calendar to make sure that it wasn't April 1st!!! 

Towel thrown...no backtracking on that score now. This season has bored the Arsenal off me...lost all interest. Just want Spring now.

Posted
1 minute ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Just checked the calendar to make sure that it wasn't April 1st!!! 

Towel thrown...no backtracking on that score now. This season has bored the Arsenal off me...lost all interest. Just want Spring now.

Each to there own I suppose

just one question?

Lets just say for arguments sake that your location did get a good fall of snow in the next

couple of weeks,even though winter has been Awful,would it at least make you a bit more happier.

C.S

Posted
1 minute ago, cheshire snow said:

Each to there own I suppose

just one question?

Lets just say for arguments sake that your location did get a good fall of snow in the next

couple of weeks,even though winter has been Awful,would it at least make you a bit more happier.

C.S

This season has been an utter abomination...as many would testify. As a confirmed SAD sufferer, the near endless grey and wet conditions have proven pretty hard to take.  The light box helps to a degree but only so much.

If truth be told I really am wanting a period of dry and sunny weather to lift my mood in general. A centimetre of slush won't do it. Nope...dry sunny blue skies is the thing on my wish list now.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

This season has been an utter abomination...as many would testify. As a confirmed SAD sufferer, the near endless grey and wet conditions have proven pretty hard to take.  The light box helps to a degree but only so much.

If truth be told I really am wanting a period of dry and sunny weather to lift my mood in general. A centimetre of slush won't do it. Nope...dry sunny blue skies is the thing on my wish list now.

LOL

Dry sunny skies....Now then where did I put that towel

Out of Fairness GFS06z shows HP by T240,but there again we all know Day 10 does not

verify don't we

C.S

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

LOL

Dry sunny skies....Now then where did I put that towel

Out of Fairness GFS06z shows HP by T240,but there again we all know Day 10 does not

verify don't we

C.S

It never fails to verify if its showing mild southwesterly' sand rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
21 hours ago, johnholmes said:

take no notice Paul is a wind up merchant, its Cheshire, his homeland, in 1963!

This same time 53 years ago in the plains of deepest Cheshire. I a mere lad. The only hills I saw were the huge snowdrifts down our lane leading to our the farm. The school playground was the biggest outdoor skating rink in the world with masses of snowballs laden with grit and icicles hurled toward you and aimed to be embedded in onee skull. No health and safety rules in them days along ago. Daily black and white pictures on the news showing the effects of the great freeze, ice floes into Liverpool Bay, the sea freezing up in Kent ! On the home front, all the family sharing the hot stove and burning coal fire for warmth and comfort. One thing for sure the bathroom and privy were out of bounds, 5 minutes in there ( ice station Zebra) resulted in instant hypothermia, 10 minutes pulled out frozen to death. Happy days !

C

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Ignoring Sat 13th Feb, key thing GFS 06Z shows again a hint of high pressure building towards us in FI, also on ECM, we are all aware of course that HP downgrades nearer the time, cold or mild 

Posted

I'm throwing the towel in, but wringing it out first.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
2 hours ago, carinthian said:

This same time 53 years ago in the plains of deepest Cheshire. I a mere lad. The only hills I saw were the huge snowdrifts down our lane leading to our the farm. The school playground was the biggest outdoor skating rink in the world with masses of snowballs laden with grit and icicles hurled toward you and aimed to be embedded in onee skull. No health and safety rules in them days along ago. Daily black and white pictures on the news showing the effects of the great freeze, ice floes into Liverpool Bay, the sea freezing up in Kent ! On the home front, all the family sharing the hot stove and burning coal fire for warmth and comfort. One thing for sure the bathroom and privy were out of bounds, 5 minutes in there ( ice station Zebra) resulted in instant hypothermia, 10 minutes pulled out frozen to death. Happy days !

C

There would be a lot cold, cold people  around these days , insofar as most homes have only got central heating, have a power cut following a blizzard,  and you;re  knackered , no electricity = no boiler. Back in those days  and into the early 80s most of us still had  openfires, so you could still keep reasonably warm, even if it was just in the living room . We've got a stove and open fire, and I wouldn't be without them.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

This was a typical coldies reaction to the Ecm 12z this evening...:laugh:

fmc.gif

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
13 minutes ago, Karl. said:

This was a typical coldies reaction to the Ecm 12z this evening...:laugh:

fmc.gif

Not mine, as I live in the south, nothing for me anyway, but maybe members in the north

Posted

cant even get cold uppers from N  or E now,what a joke,i hope we break the record for mildest winter ever now,so at least we have something to remember this Winter for.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
23 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Not mine, as I live in the south, nothing for me anyway, but maybe members in the north

Stafford, in the South?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

Stafford, in the South?

Ah,but i could say "somerset" in the south!!

That's a day's journey north from here:)

Posted

This thread has taken a sharp and discombobulating left turn into the deepest, darkest depths of surrealism :D

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, 78/79 said:

There would be a lot cold, cold people  around these days , insofar as most homes have only got central heating, have a power cut following a blizzard,  and you;re  knackered , no electricity = no boiler. Back in those days  and into the early 80s most of us still had  openfires, so you could still keep reasonably warm, even if it was just in the living room . We've got a stove and open fire, and I wouldn't be without them.

I don't know about that. The METO at Larkhill in 63 was a wooden hut with a coke stove stuck in the middle as the only heating and it was bloody freezing. On one occasion a couple members of staff were severely injured in the crush to get a prime position.

But it was also true that the electrical heating in the radiosonde office broke down leaving us with no heating at all. Fortunately there were only a couple of cases of hypothermia.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 3