Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
43 minutes ago, TROY said:

:hi:Yippiee the sun is out, and its getting some spring Strength. Barmy in the greenhouse. Our climate has changed without doubt it is for the better. No more frozen shirts on the washing line stiff as a board. No more frozen milk bottles with the lids popping up above the ice. And best of all the Central heating hardly ever on. :hi: Hopefully a long Hot summer on the cards. Its daylight now until 5.15 .....Spring is here.

F*** me.  If this is Spring then I'm outta this country.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
1 hour ago, jethro said:

Lol. I love the nation that is Cornwall, there is a real sense of it not really belonging to the rest of the country. If I could buy and convert the church at Gunwalloe I'd be like a pig in poo.

Know it well,only a few miles away.

Bit blowy though,south-west facing and busy in the summer,alot of emit's.

Posted
3 hours ago, Nick L said:

Unfortunately science doesn't care for what you believe!

Lol… thanks nick l, I agree but its not really Science is it… the weather will do what it'll do, regardless of Science, any chart or anyone will say

We all search of that EPIC WINTER ( well the coldies do :D )… whether the last ice age, the mini ice age or the winters dickens portraits in the novels!! Patterns we've seen, whether mild or cold… when you look thru history best we can… they showed very similar patterns then as they do now but apparently cold as showed its hand more than mild… its like sayin the last ice age, the mini ice age, all the mild winters or XTREME summer's… are down to global warming?? And for me there's not been a summer as hot or as long as 1976!!… the last 100yrs, they've not been more XTREME than say the 1000yrs or further back than that??… like i said a good few messages back… john hansen of nasa, was proclaiming ' global cooling ' in the 70s and 40yrs or so is a blink in the eye!! Unless the poles melt, then im a non believer… but isnt it supposed to be… ' the day after tomorrow ' if that happens

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Law of averages!! said:

Lol… thanks nick l, I agree but its not really Science is it… the weather will do what it'll do, regardless of Science, any chart or anyone will say

I'm not sure what you think meteorology is if it isn't science? Science doesn't dictate the weather, the weather dictates (this particular branch of) science. Getting this the wrong way around is bound to lead to confusion.

Posted
1 hour ago, Law of averages!! said:

We all search of that EPIC WINTER ( well the coldies do :D )… whether the last ice age, the mini ice age or the winters dickens portraits in the novels!!

Oh I take it you mean all that nasty smog.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

3 things.

1. Do not feed the...etc

2. I am neither Northern nor Southern thank you very much.

3. -20C 850s into Alabama/Georgia:

gfsnh-1-90.png?12 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

I see Kim Jung loon found GPs torpedo and fired it right into the stratosphere to stop any kind of sudden warming.He knows that most of the people in the UK would love to see cold weather in winter and by doing this really hits us  where it hurts. cover them up Sydney but not from the cold . Ps as much as I hated seeing the charts that knocker kept posting the majority of them were spot on  for mildes this winter will be the benchmark for years to come 

Posted
1 hour ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

I'm not sure what you think meteorology is if it isn't science? Science doesn't dictate the weather, the weather dictates (this particular branch of) science. Getting this the wrong way around is bound to lead to confusion.

What I think I mean, lol… by not a science is!! We can only learn, what it does… we can't make it better or worse can we!! Cause if we could… coldies would cut the cancer out ( mild ) and replace it with a scandi or greenland high or beastly for the winter months

And no matter what we learn from the weather… it will not go to plan and do summat completely different 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
5 hours ago, Nick L said:

Unfortunately science doesn't care for what you believe!

I don't dispute the fact that the earth is warming, as to the cause that in my opinion is debatable , I do get a tad cynical  when I see local authorities making  large amounts of money from recycling whilst doing it from the  high  moral sanctimonious standpoint of "we're trying to save the planet". I;ve yet to see any tangible  reduction in council tax as a result of all this extra revenue.

They have  turned their constituents into  unpaid rag and bone men

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, 78/79 said:

I don't dispute the fact that the earth is warming, as to the cause that in my opinion is debatable , I do get a tad cynical  when I see local authorities making  large amounts of money from recycling whilst doing it from the  high  moral sanctimonious standpoint of "we're trying to save the planet". I;ve yet to see any tangible  reduction in council tax as a result of all this extra revenue.

On the other hand, it might be simple common sense. Maybe we should all throw our empty vodka-bottles in the nearest hedgerow?:D

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

On the other hand, it might be simple common sense. Maybe we should all throw our empty vodka-bottles in the nearest hedgerow?:D

Nothing wrong with recycling in itself,  as you say it's common sense , on the other hand its also the perfect excuse to make a bit more money out of the mug general public , whist at the same time reducing the service they provide.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, 78/79 said:

Just in case you hadn't noticed it's been 'debated' for over a hundred years but I've yet to see a scientific alternative to CO2 and I've been around nearly that long.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, knocker said:

Just in case you hadn't noticed it's been 'debated' for over a hundred years but I've yet to see a scientific alternative to CO2 and I've been around nearly that long.

You're probably right  Knocker , seeing as the Industrial Revolution was around the 1830/40s  a lot of crud has gone into the atmosphere in the last 170 odd years. What interests me though is how science explains the causes of the Medieval warming period of approx 1200/1500 which was then followed by the Little Ice age of 1500/early 1840s , obviously there was.nt the CO2 in the atmosphere  during the Middle Ages.

Edited by 78/79

Posted
4 minutes ago, 78/79 said:

You're probably right  Knocker , seeing as the Industrial Revolution was around the 1830/40s  a lot of crud has gone into the atmosphere in the last 170 odd years. What interests me though is how science explains the causes of the Medieval warming period of approx 1200/1500 which was then followed by the Little Ice age of 1500/early 1840s , obviously there was.nt the CO2 in the atmosphere  during the Middle Ages.

78/79 if you do a Google search you will find plenty of scientific papers on the MWP

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
57 minutes ago, Law of averages!! said:

What I think I mean, lol… by not a science is!! We can only learn, what it does… we can't make it better or worse can we!! Cause if we could… coldies would cut the cancer out ( mild ) and replace it with a scandi or greenland high or beastly for the winter months

And no matter what we learn from the weather… it will not go to plan and do summat completely different 

Am I right in assuming the bit I've bolded is missing some words?

As for the rest...I'm wondering why you're a member of a weather forum if you think meteorological knowledge can't help us understand the weather. I know you don't 'believe' in global warming but 'belief' is thankfully irrelevant and unnecessary. Reality isn't determined by anyone's beliefs, much to the chagrin of the flat-earthers :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

ECH1-120.GIF?07-0

Still not expecting these snow lows, now on ECM as well as GFS and UKMO, just not enough heights to our north, further north the reality I think

Posted
23 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

Am I right in assuming the bit I've bolded is missing some words?

As for the rest...I'm wondering why you're a member of a weather forum if you think meteorological knowledge can't help us understand the weather. I know you don't 'believe' in global warming but 'belief' is thankfully irrelevant and unnecessary. Reality isn't determined by anyone's beliefs, much to the chagrin of the flat-earthers :D

No its not missing words… sorry probably shouldn't have put lol there

As for the science part, we can't change anything the weather as to offer… its all about what it will or won't do, not what computers think!! … just my thoughts, if its wrong thinking… then I'm wrong

As for being on this forum… I've followed it for yrs, without making any comments… I enjoy reading what certain peeps, have to say… even the greatest mild king IAN BROWN lol... We've all got opinions… whether right or wrong :hi:

Posted
35 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

Reality isn't determined by anyone's beliefs, much to the chagrin of the flat-earthers :D

This part of your reply… some people in a certain part of world, would strongly disagree… but that's all together another matter… back to the weather :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, Law of averages!! said:

No its not missing words… sorry probably shouldn't have put lol there

As for the science part, we can't change anything the weather as to offer… its all about what it will or won't do, not what computers think!! … just my thoughts, if its wrong thinking… then I'm wrong

As for being on this forum… I've followed it for yrs, without making any comments… I enjoy reading what certain peeps, have to say… even the greatest mild king IAN BROWN lol... We've all got opinions… whether right or wrong :hi:

yeah very true, that makes the forum! differences of opinion, and mine is the same as Ian Brown

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
23 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yeah very true, that makes the forum! differences of opinion, and mine is the same as Ian Brown

Not sure if serious or...

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, Law of averages!! said:

This part of your reply… some people in a certain part of world, would strongly disagree… but that's all together another matter… back to the weather 

Indeed they would. And they'd be wrong :) That's why science (and reality) doesn't give a monkey's about belief or opinion. But the wonderful thing about all science is that it's falsifiable...all anyone who disagrees with something like global warming has to do is go through all the climate science research and disprove it (preferably with something more substantial than "I don't believe in global warming").

Posted

Some complicate synoptics this week which tends to make these knife edge scenarios towards the end of the week a tad academic.  Not to worry. The ecm is showing a possibility of a transient snow event for South Wales and southern counties next Friday as it whips a shortwave SE across the west country. The run ends with rain and westerly gales. Now that's different.

ecm_mslp_uv850_eur_6.thumb.png.79439b58e

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Well BBC doesn't believe in knife edge, whether we have southerly, W'ly, N'ly or E'ly winds London remains at 9-10c

BFTP

• Like 1