Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast
40 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Happy new year to all.

The 15th to 20th January needs to put in the diary, this is the point that we will see major changes to sub zero temps and very snowy conditions.

i will explain more about this period over the next few days, but be prepared for some of the worst snowstorms on par with 87. 

That's a strong, confident statement to make in here...but I look forward to your reasoning and supporting data, of which I assume you are still working on?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
44 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Happy new year to all.

The 15th to 20th January needs to put in the diary, this is the point that we will see major changes to sub zero temps and very snowy conditions.

i will explain more about this period over the next few days, but be prepared for some of the worst snowstorms on par with 87. 

Very optimistic there timbo but a massive statement and one that unfortunately  will leave you disappointed. If you truly believe that to be the case then please , share ? Because it's excactly the kind of statement that leads peeps up the garden path . 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Timbo said:

Happy new year to all.

Is your real name Piers Corbyn but any chance? If it is, you forgot to post in bolded, coloured capital letters.

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=204

well you never  know  the gfs  might be pointing us  to the  holly grail !!    in fantasy world   for 5  days!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Big differences between west & east Germany right now. 7C in Dusseldorf but -10C in Berlin.

radar.thumb.png.12136a57d408ef544dc90504

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Timbo said:

Happy new year to all.

Have I stumbled onto the Daily Express forum in error?

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, tinybill said:

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=204

well you never  know  the gfs  might be pointing us  to the  holly grail !!    in fantasy world   for 5  days!!

It did that last night and most of the other thread had an 'episode'.

gfs_T850_eu_53.thumb.png.c3d852fb41722fa

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, Timbo said:

Happy new year to all.

Well, this is the ramps thread!:D

• Like 1

Posted

Yikes lord have mercy gave up chart viewing and posting for 2 weeks, viewed once last week finally and saw the most incredible easterly and winter on the way which I instantly knew would fall apart, didn't bother viewing charts again till today and shock horror as usual it's stuck over the north sea god forsaken washout muck again.

Only difference now is changed from 12-15c washouts to 7-9c washouts, great. I'll try again in another 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

5 minutes ago, conor123 said:

Yikes lord have mercy gave up chart viewing and posting for 2 weeks, viewed once last week finally and saw the most incredible easterly and winter on the way which I instantly knew would fall apart, didn't bother viewing charts again till today and shock horror as usual it's stuck over the north sea god forsaken washout muck again.

Only difference now is changed from 12-15c washouts to 7-9c washouts, great. I'll try again in another 2 weeks.

I would rather have 12-15C, models don't look that bad for our location, should be no washouts, but question mark over wed/thurs, don't expect the rain to move through overnight, washout systems never do

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
4 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

MOD thread has gone OTT based on one ECM operational!:D:wallbash:

Yeh and to think winter was over a couple of days ago !!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
4 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Yes,and we are discussing what the models are showing,surely there is nothing wrong with that,after all,it is the model discussion thread

with the background signals pointing to cooler/cold for the latter part of January,the ecm/gfs are showing it,why not:)

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

yes, that ECM run will never happen, but still signs of a change around mid Jan, to maybe something less wet, even if only for a few days

Posted
4 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Yes,and we are discussing what the models are showing,surely there is nothing wrong with that,after all,it is the model discussion thread

with the background signals pointing to cooler/cold for the latter part of January,the ecm/gfs are showing it,why not:)

agree with that as well, posted it my self

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

agree with that as well, posted it my self

Exactly, it seems it's justified to declare winter is over ( all 2 months of it ) but to talk about an operational run at 10 days is forbidden . 

• Like 6

Posted
10 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

well its not making for very good discussion - sensible discussion anyway. there no end it sight to the mobile wet unsettled westerly flow and unless you like talking about when the next rain band will arrive, the next storm, the next strong wind, or how wet itll be - then model watching will be pretty drab over the next two weeks at least.

Mmmm Really !!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, shotski said:

Exactly, it seems it's justified to declare winter is over ( all 2 months of it ) but to talk about an operational run at 10 days is forbidden . 

Of course it's [to say that winter is over] nonsense...We won't know what happens until it happens?:D

Posted
19 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Not saying that at all, merely that some are, IMO, getting a touch carried-away.  I'd love to see it verify, though.:yahoo:

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman

Posted

I'll be keeping an eye on the Meto outlooks over next few days to see if their model output is picking up on a colder theme coming.

Posted

What we really need now is someone with access to the Glosea model and Met Office forecast thinking...:wallbash::rofl:

• Like 7