Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Yes which is why I said eyes on Norfolk and Suffolk. It's certainly the places that might get the PPN later. Snow a possibility. I don't infer they need a shovel.

Posted

A friend just messaged to say snowing in Barnet - but rain in Barkingside where I live :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Snowed heavily at 8am this morning. Stuck to cars but quickly melted.

One feels that will be the only snow I see during this Cold snap. Looks very dry from tomorrow onwards... Cant complain to much though as Cold and Dry beats Wet and Mild.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, Dami said:

radar says pink but the rain says no.

I thought exactly the same as the ppn started. But now, in the heavier bursts it turns to what I can only describe as big, wet snow flakes. Current temp 2.2C.
Here's the 08.45 radar and the pink band has not long reached me (10 miles west of Ipswich).

569765ae9727f_RainSnowRadar.thumb.jpg.c3

Looking horrible this pm with a significant wind chill as that pink/green blob up North reaches us. Matt on the beeb said "possible severe gales" just now for the east coast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunder ~ both together would be great !

Bright and sunny in Whitstable :-( 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

had sleet here this morning, but just a little, but still ,im happy , with anything white at the moment, i was thinking of just opening my freezer door , to feel the coldness, and see some white stuff, so getting exciting, fingers crossed :)

Posted
11 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Anything could pop up though within the flow from the North... 

Eyes on Monday to.. Looks promising on this morning 06z 

Hm...I'm giving my focus for this evening this precip is going S fairly slowly and to me it seems further west than modelled - it will arrive well past nightfall. Marginality is reduced a few inches for counties, like Norfolk could be a possibility.

image.thumb.png.06e148b427b1d471b3a7690d

Edited by Earnest Easterly*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Yuck! fairly cold outside at 3.2c but the only thing falling from the sky is rain (but not that heavy) and occasional hazy sun breaking through.

Why can't we have some clear skies and hard frosts?...still waiting on the first air frost of the winter, ridiculous!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

by the time i headed out, it had all but stopped, be it an almost comforting chill i could feel on my cheeks as the bedford breeze had made an appearance, but gutted little one wouldn't see any snow falling on her way to the pond. Even though the radar showed a shower over me at that time what i did feel was very light rain i'm sure - it's cold out there sure but not bitter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

It'll feel bitter later when that wind starts to swing round, the feel like temps will anyway ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's ok I have my winter boots on standby.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, Earnest Easterly* said:

Hm...I'm giving my focus for this evening this precip is going S fairly slowly and to me it seems further west than modelled - it will arrive well past nightfall. Marginality is reduced a few inches for counties, like Norfolk could be a possibility.

Comparing the latest radar with the NMM high res charts you posted Dan, you're absolutely right, the system is further west than the short-range models suggested. Quite a distinct boundary between the sleet (green) and the pink (snow), which is probably the hills of the Pennines/Peak district. The radio reporting roads badly effected by snow around Buxton. On the current trajectory of the system shown on the radar, the west of our patch could see snow later.

569787f25b914_RainSnowRadar11.15.thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Partly cloudy here. Light rain/drizzle every now and again. Not bitter but cold enough I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Comparing the latest radar with the NMM high res charts you posted Dan, you're absolutely right, the system is further west than the short-range models suggested. Quite a distinct boundary between the sleet (green) and the pink (snow), which is probably the hills of the Pennines/Peak district. The radio reporting roads badly effected by snow around Buxton. On the current trajectory of the system shown on the radar, the west of our patch could see snow later.

569787f25b914_RainSnowRadar11.15.thumb.j

Steady, if come 4-5pm tonight it looks the same, I will wee a little.. 

The system is "forcasted" to move out a East slightly... 

Remember the further West the system is, the more inland the warmer air will mix in and kill the party for the Eastern areas 

• Like 1