Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

I suspect that Jethro & Knocker will wait with baited breath on every word from Ian this week, as their reputation as naked dancers 'hangs' by a thread:clap:

As long as that's all it hangs by. :shok:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
15 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

I suspect that Jethro & Knocker will wait with baited breath on every word from Ian this week, as their reputation as naked dancers 'hangs' by a thread:clap:

I handed my crown over to Knocker, or anyone else who dares, numpty here's been there, done that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Not a bad start to the week, not too cold or wet even a bit of blue sky, I was beginning to forget what that looks like.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

There is a sleet icon on Thursday's Met Office forecast. Can I get excited now?

Only until it changes tomorrow morning..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Scattered Cloud.  LOTS of blue sky WITH   Sunshine..     for a while.   5.2c. Calm.    

Posted
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Only until it changes tomorrow morning..

It's changed to heavy rain already! Oh well, we did have a teeny bit of sleet on the leading edge of last night's rain. That was probably it for now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
19 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

It's changed to heavy rain already! Oh well, we did have a teeny bit of sleet on the leading edge of last night's rain. That was probably it for now

Mine is displaying snow for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but it is not very accurate to be fair.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Cloudy here after overnight heavy rain. Looks colder feel than of late this week, but anything wintry transitional if we are lucky we may see some sleet/snow falling Thurs-Sat. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
22 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Mine is displaying snow for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but it is not very accurate to be fair.

Yep the met office and bbc weather app is like a lottery when it comes forecasts. My location has flitted between rain sleet and snow for the last 4 days for Thursday and Friday this week. Currently we're at rain so I'm in a bit of a grump!! :nonono:

Posted

We may have escaped the worst in Nov/Dec as those fronts stalled and stayed mainly to the NW but this is turning into a very wet month, 18mm overnight has taken the total to 97mm already!

Largely fine day today though with some low cloud/mist but also good sunny spells until a recent shower, 7.1c currently so much more seasonal.

Posted

This week is going to be a wait and see week, with regards to the possibility to getting some of the white stuff.

Posted
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

Are you back from yer hols ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

How high up are you again? I think a trip to the Mendips may be in order if elevation is going to be an issue again. It's where I saw my snow last year.

Posted

I'm aware I'm about to commit heresy but it was my first day back at work today, having spent it almost stationary, up a ladder, pruning a massive Wisteria, there's a big part of me longing for a warm summers day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
8 minutes ago, jethro said:

I'm aware I'm about to commit heresy but it was my first day back at work today, having spent it almost stationary, up a ladder, pruning a massive Wisteria, there's a big part of me longing for a warm summers day.

254?cb=20140704100818

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

254?cb=20140704100818

I've hugged the aga for half an hour, warmed up and seen the error of my way. Time to get the thermals out of storage, nippy it may be and likely to get nippier still but it's lovely to see a blue sky again.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
6 minutes ago, jethro said:

I've hugged the aga for half an hour, warmed up and seen the error of my way. Time to get the thermals out of storage, nippy it may be and likely to get nippier still but it's lovely to see a blue sky again.

To be honest, come Sunday morning when I get up to play football, I'll probably be saying the same thing, in true British fashion! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

5.3mm yesterday, and 14.4mm today- pretty wet!
113.1mm for the month.

chart.thumb.png.3b7be7c51e52cd9540c60015

Temp: 8.2°C - Hum: 72% - Dew: 3.5°C - Bar:  983.97hPa - Wind: W/WNW @ 5mph

Posted

:yahoo:OMG :wallbash: I just survived 5mins over in the MOD thread. Where you can have south westerlies, easterlies, NW's. Absolutely just about anything (well almost anything) it's madness in there., even whilst typing this another 5 replies have spawned.I need to go and lay down a minute.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I have no clue as to what's happening in there at the moment.... It could be anyone's guess... They've all list the plot. It's safe over here :pardon:

• Like 3

Posted

It fries my brain going in there.  Just tell me in plain English what the temp will be and are we getting snow/rain/wind/sun...

im still convinced half of those acronyms mean nothing. I especially like the GAGPIOW.

Get a grip people, it's only weather. :D

• Like 3

Posted
16 minutes ago, khodds said:

I have no clue as to what's happening in there at the moment.... It could be anyone's guess... They've all list the plot. It's safe over here :pardon:

Agreed. The ones which get to me the most are the charts with one word comment - 'boom' 'stunning' pants' etc.  For someone like me, who's brain doesn't get much further than 'ooo pretty coloured blobs' when looking at the charts, none of it makes any sense. Why is it 'boom'? Another bonkers thing over there is you can have two people, both looking at the same chart, both wanting cold and snow, and you'll get one saying it's brilliant, the other saying it's lousy.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Nope... You are most definitely not alone! It's ridiculous how people interprete charts so differently but I guess that's the differing levels of "expertise" on the thread!