Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

Thursday may possibly be the best chance for some snow in the east of the region and on the hills as the low moves across central England to be in the North sea by 12z

ecm_t850_uv_eur_4.thumb.png.a88c2f280d42

Edited by knocker
  • Like 3

Posted

Re the MOD thread, one word "Tamara" I haven't a clue what she talks about and struggle to even understand her English, obviously a very bright spark!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

Yes I am back in the warm west country today and wow does it feel mild out and about in just jeans, t-shirt and jumper -35 - 47 for 2 days was exhausting but fun! :pardon:

The husky dog ride was great fun and go cart racing on a frozen lake was awesome!

20160105_125121.thumb.jpg.f9a63d67828d5520160107_191057.thumb.jpg.ff1f53353d2de920160107_193758.thumb.jpg.c2f95d0094960120160107_194923.thumb.jpg.e989312f7ffe2220160109_152504.thumb.jpg.aecbc6ee84114a12400523_10156397386015111_4580071322696

Well I'm sort of hoping you have brought it back with you, perhaps not quite as extreme.

Looks an amazing place, thanks for sharing the photos

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Hi Ian Fergusson, 

Is there a chance of snow in our region over the next5/6 days? 

My five year old keeps asking me when will get some and i can sympathise too..... 

Many Thanks if you can supply a slither of hope....... 

Posted
1 hour ago, MrNooo said:

Re the MOD thread, one word "Tamara" I haven't a clue what she talks about and struggle to even understand her English, obviously a very bright spark!!

I find that a bit odd. I can understand struggling with the technical stuff but her English is impeccable.

• Like 3

Posted
27 minutes ago, offerman said:

Hi Ian Fergusson, 

Is there a chance of snow in our region over the next5/6 days? 

My five year old keeps asking me when will get some and i can sympathise too..... 

Many Thanks if you can supply a slither of hope....... 

I'm sure Ian will keep us posted when he get's the chance.

Posted
28 minutes ago, knocker said:

I find that a bit odd. I can understand struggling with the technical stuff but her English is impeccable.

Yes agreed, solicitors have impeccable English skills, doesn't mean I understand them!! But the tech stuff is well above my head but interesting non the less!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
On 09/01/2016 at 0:09 PM, SNOW CRYSTAL said:

Wow, I've onlyarienced -25c when I was skiing once. It made the hairs in my nose freeze when I breathed in, Eye watering!!!

So jealous, I bet it's fantastic.

I'll be impressed if that comes off but looks wrong side of marginal for even mendip this week currently. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

16011312_2_1112.gif

snow for someone's little hill? :rofl:

Just put my postcode into google maps, that dot is slap bang over my house - seriously. 3 or 4 years ago we had snow here on the Mendips, got to a couple of inches deep, then stopped everywhere but here and about a half mile radius. Not the foggiest idea why though, it's a reasonable sized hill but not the biggest around here. Even stopped at Mullenders that night but carried on here for a good couple of hours more.

Posted

Cloudy and breezy. Temp 7C and wind NNW 17mph gusting 30

Looking at the EC32 and one or two of the det, outputs including this morning's GFS I'll take a punt and say the best chance of any significant snow may well be the middle of next week when the warm air is scheduled to move in from the west over what should be an established cold layer in the lower levels.

For what it's worth the latest EPS parallel 46 day output is showing nothing significant in the woodshed with temps generally a little above average until the end of February.

Posted

Morning alll. 3.2c here wind SW 10mph. Not convinced of snow as it's pretty much a raity in CS England..even more so here by the Thames. Will be a pleasant surprise if it comes off though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

A pleasant enough start to the day, rather chilly out in the sticks and now the sun has come out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

There be snow on them hills. First snow since November reported on dartmoor today. Looks like the snow line is about 300 metres....(I'm at 205 pah!) not that its laying but showers are coming in on a strong north westerly. 

• Like 2

Posted

Decent out there this morning...

Min of 4.2C last night. Currently 5.2C.

It's getting a bit stodgy over the fields now, but hopefully that's the end of the troublesome rainfall for a while.

IMGP0107_sm.thumb.jpg.6dcaa260cde2ccc2cd

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
49 minutes ago, festivalking said:

There be snow on them hills. First snow since November reported on dartmoor today. Looks like the snow line is about 300 metres....(I'm at 205 pah!) not that its laying but showers are coming in on a strong north westerly. 

Where? Looks green on Dartcom!

Posted

Looks like I'll need to drive up to Dartmoor this week. But, not really sure what the best day is. I can make Friday, the weekend and Monday. I could go up on Saturday and Monday. Monday looks like being the "snowiest" day.

Posted
9 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

Where? Looks green on Dartcom!

As I mentioned nothing has laid but above 300 metres at around 7-8 this morning it was falling as snow. Looks like its a more sleet rain mix now though. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, festivalking said:

As I mentioned nothing has laid but above 300 metres at around 7-8 this morning it was falling as snow. Looks like its a more sleet rain mix now though. 

Ah ok, Dartcom is 369 meters. :)

Posted
8 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

Looks like I'll need to drive up to Dartmoor this week. But, not really sure what the best day is. I can make Friday, the weekend and Monday. I could go up on Saturday and Monday. Monday looks like being the "snowiest" day.

Tis a bit of nightmare trying to work out the best day to go for a drive up top! I've been tracking the Met office app and particularly great mis tor (between Princetown and Tavistock) the summit is 538 metres and it flits between not alot and alot of snow for the next week. I'd hope though there would be some lying snow there at some time! Its an easy tor to walk to about a mile from the car park.....bit of a climb though.

• Like 1