Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
1 minute ago, fromey said:

Bring it on, I live in somerset:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

You can have 1 as long as we have 10 showers!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Hi guys I haven't saw the forecast but the midland thread are saying that the local forecast is a lot better for more people . Ie a lot further east . Which backs up the euro4 I pointed out earlier.  What did our forecast say guys? Thanks 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
23 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

Definitely seem to be pepping up. We just gotta hope this guy isn't on the welsh mountains tonight:

giphy.gif

Is that George Osborne?

1.5C, DP -4.8C,  1014mb and steady. Could be an interesting night!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, Frosty hollows said:

Move East! Move East! Move East!!

Here Here!

Had a snow flurry at 8am this morning in Eynsham,West of  Oxford just as i started work. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, BristolBaggie said:

The MODs need to completely re-think the Model Discussion thread I can see why Fergie has stopped posting in there. There are too many novices in there misinterpreting each model run. It's best to ignore them and follow the experienced posters

I know the models are open to interpretation and people ramp up the feature they want to see, but there's a not only a ridiculous amount of dross ,but also some incredibly rude people there and the good stuff gets drowned by it. It puts me right off

• Like 2

Posted

David Bain the weather man on Spotlight BBC SW said that Mondays weather situation is going to be hard to predict as it could be very marginal 

Edited by BARRY
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mark N said:

Here Here!

Had a snow flurry at 8am this morning in Eynsham,West of  Oxford just as i started work. 

There was a flurry in Oxford this morning too. Its dry but bitter here:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
10 minutes ago, festivalking said:

David braine spotlight suggesting that Sunday and Monday that the Atlantic will nose into the cold producing wintery stuff for the sw. But.....then said it's on a knife edge and would know more tomorrow. 

Saw that to. From an IMBY point of view,further west the better,want the front to just scrape the lizard:)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
8 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Hi guys I haven't saw the forecast but the midland thread are saying that the local forecast is a lot better for more people . Ie a lot further east . Which backs up the euro4 I pointed out earlier.  What did our forecast say guys? Thanks 

Euro4 does not bring the showers east at all. It brings them through Exmoor, Dartmoor and of course my area! :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast
5 minutes ago, BristolBaggie said:

The MODs need to completely re-think the Model Discussion thread I can see why Fergie has stopped posting in there. There are too many novices in there misinterpreting each model run. It's best to ignore them and follow the experienced posters

I don't have anything against novices posting their thoughts...all part of learning after all. What I don't like is the fact no one waits as each runs comes out and posts one liners or a chart with no comment at all. It gets a bit messy in winter and is why I like the more friendly regional discussions :) 

Anyway...I love snow, but the cold, crisp sunny day, dramatic sunrise/sunset in the clean polar air and hard frosts are why I enjoy spells like this almost as much. :D 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
25 minutes ago, BristolBaggie said:

I disagree BB............yes there are novices who can misinterpret model output,  but how are they supposed to learn about the weather if they are not allowed to post and be critiqued where necessary?

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, BristolBaggie said:

I posted in there earlier saying  that a professional meto forecaster ( no names mentioned) that the tropical storm is the fly in the ointment and that the models would be all over the place, but alas nobody took any notice just kept rambling on how it's all set in stone etc! God I want scream in there sometimes but I would probably get banned!!! 

• Like 2

Posted
35 minutes ago, chris55 said:

Well im already on the red lol!

Me too!!! Large glass of red, fire lit and the prospect of maybe, just maybe some snow happy days :yahoo:

I'm not working tomorrow so need to make my mind up if I'm going to stay up a bit later tonight. Will see how the radar pans out. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Anyone see the ian f forecast? I missed it and bbc weblink is broken and i cant get on fb :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

in relation to what model will be right, here's where i am. Mainly due to having less idea of what will happen than the models.

Fence+sitting_9b5bf6_4868216.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Anyone see the ian f forecast? I missed it and bbc weblink is broken and i cant get on fb :closedeyes:

Sorry no, haven't had a chance between posting and studying!!

i will have look in a mo

Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
3 minutes ago, fromey said:

I posted in there earlier saying  that a professional meto forecaster ( no names mentioned) that the tropical storm is the fly in the ointment and that the models would be all over the place, but alas nobody took any notice just kept rambling on how it's all set in stone etc! God I want scream in there sometimes but I would probably get banned!!! 

again, not true....there have been several posts talking about the impact of Hurricane Alex on the model outputs....you probably missed them

Posted
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

Our local boy said the word snow and the graphics showed snow coming in from about 10pm.  He also said that the graphics couldn't be trusted in regard to areas hit and that a mile up the road could see snow but you may not.  The snow was coming from Wales.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, dancing daisy said:

Our local boy said the word snow and the graphics showed snow coming in from about 10pm.  He also said that the graphics couldn't be trusted in regard to areas hit and that a mile up the road could see snow but you may not.  The snow was coming from Wales.

Thanks daisy, careful now with that whiskey bottle.. :D

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

I disagree BB............yes there are novices who can make misinterpret model output,  but how are they supposed to learn about the weather if they are not allowed to post and be critiqued where necessary?

I'm a novice and the reason I used to go to the mod thread was to learn so I've no issue with that. There are just some posters there who are either unwelcoming to us novices and others posting stuff that's downright covblers even to my untrained eye!