Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

First ice day of the winter I think coming -2.9c. 

:D

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Nights King said:

First ice day of the winter I think coming -2.9c. 

:D

Hope you manage it.

Above freezing here at 2.6c but set to be the coldest day for ages, will check my records later.

Perfect winter day :-) .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

1.8c here, it wont have far to drop tonight, possibly the coldest night since 2013

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IFROME5#history

Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Lucky buggers! 3c but a lovely day all the same.

Posted

Absolutely beautiful day here, though the temps still below freezing in sheltered spots. We'll see what tonight brings and I might even remember to take my phone with me so I can grab some photos on the way to work. Anyone else got a crisp cold day?

Posted
2 hours ago, Sam Selby said:

I gotta ask (being a newbie)  but in mod thread they mentioned easterly and SWW How much will that have influence in our area, over the years I'm getting the idea about the charts but as an overall picture of the UK not just a certain area (if you get what I mean) thanks.

Don't take too much notice of some of the witterings in the MOD thread as they have been chasing the easterly for a while now. An easterly, although a remote possibility, is not the percentage play at the moment and looks very unlikely in the near future. If you mean the forthcoming SSW, well although it's a distinct possibility it hasn't happened yet and if and when it does it's very difficult to know the impacts vis the UK, let alone the SW region. If I was you I wouldn't worry too much about it but just enjoy, or otherwise, the daily outputs.:)

Ian Fergusson ‏@fergieweather 1h1 hour ago

W COUNTRY Tonight will be coldest of winter so far. Expect -3 to -4C in #Bristol; -4 to -7C rural districts; freezing fog patches possible

Relatively pleasant here at the moment but no sun with a veil of Cs, with halo, and some Ac. Temp 7.5C and a breeze from the ESE.

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, knocker said:

Don't take too much notice of some of the witterings in the MOD thread as they have been chasing the easterly for a while now. An easterly, although a remote possibility, is not the percentage play at the moment and looks very unlikely in the near future. If you mean the forthcoming SSW, well although it's a distinct possibility it hasn't happened yet and if and when it does it's very difficult to know the impacts vis the UK, let alone the SW region. If I was you I wouldn't worry too much about it but just enjoy, or otherwise, the daily outputs.:)

W COUNTRY Tonight will be coldest of winter so far. Expect -3 to -4C in #Bristol; -4 to -7C rural districts; freezing fog patches possible

Relatively pleasant here at the moment but no sun with a veil of Cs, with halo, and some Ac. Temp 7.5C and a breeze from the ESE.

Dropped to -4c last night and only just risen to -2.6c so far now so i expect tonight be to a cold one as long as cloud cover doesn't interfere.  These frosty days are good for getting those ground temperatures down after a mild start to winter.

Stunning day outside although i must go defrost the car so i can drive to town.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, knocker said:

Thanks knocker, yes did mean ssw not sure why it come up with SWW :/ I love the ups and downs of the mod thread makes very interesting and sometimes amusing reading!!  

I'm still waiting for winter to hit here have only seen 2 nights below freezing :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
17 minutes ago, Nights King said:

These frosty days are good for getting those ground temperatures down after a mild start to winter.

Just a shame it's a blink and  miss it affair with a warm up at the end of the week. Even here at work in north Bristol there's unspoilt frost in the shade.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temp: 4.6°C - Hum: 50% - Dew: -4.7°C - Bar: 1017.83hPa - Wind:  N/NE @ 4mph

Still frosty of the grass and shady areas. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Defrosted the car this morning only for it to freeze up again instantly, now frozen solid again so I guess it's still below freezing. Just been out with the dog, what a beautiful day it is, makes you glad to be alive; definitely rosy cheeks weather, wish it could last a lot longer than forecast.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
5 minutes ago, jethro said:

Defrosted the car this morning only for it to freeze up again instantly, now frozen solid again so I guess it's still below freezing. Just been out with the dog, what a beautiful day it is, makes you glad to be alive; definitely rosy cheeks weather, wish it could last a lot longer than forecast.

Shame it's not the weekend. I'd certainly love a walk on the Mendips in this weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
3 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Shame it's not the weekend. I'd certainly love a walk on the Mendips in this weather.

It's a lovely place to walk, not quite the Yorkshire Dales but will do until I can move back there. Downside of the Mendips around here....seriously grumpy farmers. Footpaths left overgrown or ploughed up, one miserable old sod (the one who's land borders the village & my garden) has followed me and others to make sure we don't deviate from the paths or let dogs off the lead. He's threatened to shoot just about every dog in the village and to my knowledge, has shot three so far. Mostly I drive to elsewhere to take the dogs out, a shame but that's how it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

As I've stated in my status update....

High hopes of an ICE day in Newbury, -1.1c as I type this. Don't get many of them, these days, so most pleasing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

Got down to -5.7oC last night and currently -1.1oC so definitely an ice day here, first one in years I think.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
27 minutes ago, gottolovethisweather said:

High hopes of an ICE day in Newbury, -1.1c as I type this. Don't get many of them, these days, so most pleasing.

Added to that, I went sixteen days of January on top of another thirty-one in December before I even saw an Air Frost this Winter. More about that here.

Than some three days on, I'm getting a sub-zero maximum (i.e. defined as an ICE day) day. Weird weather, at this rate we'll probably get hail, gales, fog, thunder, freezing rain, sleet and snow before the months' out, down in our normally tropical air influenced CSE &SW England region. :shok: :D Well I can live in hope.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
39 minutes ago, gottolovethisweather said:

Yes coldest day in a long time!

Holding steady at -2.5c for last hour so i expect as sun starts to dip we shall start to fall again soon. :cold-emoji::cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

-2.9C min here too this morning. Reached the balmy heights of 2.7C at lunchtime.

I too would rather be out walking than sitting with freezing feet in this dark office (Jethro - I am so sorry to hear about your neighbour! what a baa-lamb, as my m-i-l would say!)

There's been one hell of a blob of ppn building up off the Lizard - it seems to have been dithering for an hour or two but has now decided to head off to Brittany.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Looks like our region will get the lowest temps tonight- may scrape below -2C here, but -4 to -9C possible in areas further inland.

viewimage.thumb.png.cfe0aad9cd9f818c7874569e59de5cfcc_viewimage(1).thumb.png.790569e59e48383c_viewimage(2).thumb.png.c0e

Just been playing with my new toy..

Happy pantz! :yahoo:

Posted

well after the high of 2.8c they are on there way down!!

how low can we go!!

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IFROME5#history

Edited by fromey
wrong info

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NIGHTS KING!!!

18th Jan 2013.jpg

This was 18th Jan 2013: at the time my best mate in Vancouver had not had one flake of snow.

Edited by katemart
sp
  • Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, katemart said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KNIGHTS KING!!!

18th Jan 2013.jpg

Thought I had escaped that :rofl:

How nice that the weather gave me a sub zero birthday :D Falling away quickly again now. -3c fast approaching :)

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Thought I had escaped that :rofl:

How nice that the weather gave me a sub zero birthday :D Falling away quickly again now. -3c fast approaching :)

Happy birthday mate.

dropping like a stone here, 1.0c in an hour and half! DP is already at -3.3c