Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
9 minutes ago, gottolovethisweather said:

As per my post in the model thread.

Who is looking forward to the wintry mix tonight then? Some temporary snowflakes up on high ground methinks from front number one, who knows what will happen with front number two, come the morning too. Louise Lear on the BBC forecasts stated it would bring us nothing of concern or words to that effect. I say the sheer excitement of snow prospects concerns me more as I thought rarity of snow itself was one of those rare moments of joy which where you've usually got to the polar regions of the world to witness, or maybe the USA. Here's hoping we get some white stuff by the morning and that it only concerns those who don't actually like the magic of a wintry landscape in err. Winter, yes that;'s it, Winter. :gathering:

Eh? What? Snow? Tonight? Really? Where? Here? How have I missed that? I thought you had to live in Scotland to see snow on these isles.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
1 minute ago, jethro said:

Eh? What? Snow? Tonight? Really? Where? Here? How have I missed that? I thought you had to live in Scotland to see snow on these isles.

I'm personally not getting too excited about my own prospects for sure, but you and ole Mulls for one might be participating in a game of lamp-post watching if luck is on your side. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Forecasts I've seen, show rain showers tonight- maybe a wintry flavour over high ground tomorrow morning ( 7 / 8am )

Posted
1 minute ago, gottolovethisweather said:

I'm personally not getting too excited about my own prospects for sure, but you and ole Mulls for one might be participating in a game of lamp-post watching if luck is on your side. 

Blimey, didn't expect that. Didn't see countryfile and haven't been near the MAD thread so it's a total surprise. Sooooo, theoretically if we see snow before midnight, even just one flake, then it being Groundhog day, we can expect winter to continue for some time. Maybe it will actually arrive and shove this perpetual autumn out of the way, sods law says we'll have a cold, snowy, late spring.

Time to get to the bookies, a tenner on a white Easter and a tenner on a white Gold Cup week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Partly cloudy.  Should clear tonight . 5.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
21 minutes ago, gottolovethisweather said:

As per my post in the model thread.

Who is looking forward to the wintry mix tonight then? Some temporary snowflakes up on high ground methinks from front number one, who knows what will happen with front number two, come the morning too. Louise Lear on the BBC forecasts stated it would bring us nothing of concern or words to that effect. I say the sheer excitement of snow prospects concerns me more as I thought rarity of snow itself was one of those rare moments of joy which where you've usually got to the polar regions of the world to witness, or maybe the USA. Here's hoping we get some white stuff by the morning and that it only concerns those who don't actually like the magic of a wintry landscape in err. Winter, yes that;'s it, Winter. :gathering:

We had some very wet snow in a short sharp shower just after mid day here so lets hope for something tonight. :D

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Nights King said:

We had some very wet snow in a short sharp shower just after mid day here so lets hope for something tonight. :D

Guess I'd better go find some kindling then, thought we were past the fire lighting season.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
Just now, jethro said:

Guess I'd better go find some kindling then, thought we were past the fire lighting season.

No no no, Spring is a long way off, will arrive in June I suspect. Autumn now until March, then Winter throughout Spring. Summer 2016, non existent?

Posted
11 minutes ago, jethro said:

Blimey, didn't expect that. Didn't see countryfile and haven't been near the MAD thread so it's a total surprise. Sooooo, theoretically if we see snow before midnight, even just one flake, then it being Groundhog day, we can expect winter to continue for some time. Maybe it will actually arrive and shove this perpetual autumn out of the way, sods law says we'll have a cold, snowy, late spring.

Time to get to the bookies, a tenner on a white Easter and a tenner on a white Gold Cup week.

Countryfile although only 48 hours ago would have been completely irrelevant, it showed dry all tonight and tomorrow yet we have 2 showery fronts moving through instead!

Posted
1 minute ago, jethro said:

It barely started... :rofl: I thought it was November weather with these large storms followed by brief wintryness over highest ground.

Posted
1 minute ago, Andy Bown said:

Countryfile although only 48 hours ago would have been completely irrelevant, it showed dry all tonight and tomorrow yet we have 2 showery fronts moving through instead!

Those showery fronts will get absorbed by Welch mountains leaving west country with diddly squat even the bbc graphics show it breaking up over south wales...

Posted
5 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Oh dear, my post in the model thread was all but 24 hours on from Countryfile and I had my sights on it, outputs must be changing quite rapidly at the moment, I imagine. Speaking of rapid, the rapid/strong winds are set to return come the end of the week, could be another wild weekend upcoming, so plenty to keep one's interests up.

Posted
14 minutes ago, gottolovethisweather said:

No no no, Spring is a long way off, will arrive in June I suspect. Autumn now until March, then Winter throughout Spring. Summer 2016, non existent?

You jest.....be careful putting those thoughts out there. Those impish demons who are stone deaf when you're praying for your lottery numbers to come up, will be sniggering and thinking 'oh yeah, you were joking, here's your much longed for snow....in May'.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Nights King said:

It barely started... :rofl: I thought it was November weather with these large storms followed by brief wintryness over highest ground.

I've lost track altogether now, the weather seems to have been the same since about mid October, longest autumn I can remember.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, jethro said:

You jest.....be careful putting those thoughts out there. Those impish demons who are stone deaf when you're praying for your lottery numbers to come up, will be sniggering and thinking 'oh yeah, you were joking, here's your much longed for snow....in May'.

I don't do the lottery. :D Besides, what control do I have over the weather, I can't control myself sometimes. kjfkkkfrJkwerkeflkjaj :crazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

east of our region might see the odd errant flake mixed in with showery rain first thing tomorrow..........worth keeping an eye on if the odd flakey bit floats your boat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

Those showery fronts will get absorbed by Welch mountains leaving west country with diddly squat even the bbc graphics show it breaking up over south wales...

As is per normal for the region :(

Posted

Well Princetown has had snow this evening. Snow level seems to be 350 metres again. Hoping the level will drop in heavier bursts. Did have a snow shower for here tomorrow morning on the MO app but this has now gone. But certainly chances for higher ground tonight!

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, ajpoolshark said:

east of our region might see the odd errant flake mixed in with showery rain first thing tomorrow..........worth keeping an eye on if the odd flakey bit floats your boat

Yep, increasingly desperate I am.

Posted
On 1/27/2016 at 6:25 PM, jethro said:
1 hour ago, ajpoolshark said:

12 minutes ago, gottolovethisweather said:

Yep, increasingly desperate I am.

lipstick.thumb.jpg.7943e2d4499beecab1294

Palpable excitement here in northern Hampshire!!! My drive to work will be more eratic than usual with my face pressed against the windscreen looking for the tell-tale splodge of icy rain.

Edited by Kiwi
  • Like 1

Posted

On lamppost watch here.....just on the edge or something wintery. 

Posted

slightly to south most of ppn... typical. I expect to miss out on morning too. :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

rain,sleet then a heavy hail shower, that's  about as wintry as it gets!!

Posted
4 hours ago, ajpoolshark said:

Weast of our region might see the odd errant flake mixed in with showery rain first thing tomorrow..........worth keeping an eye on if the odd flakey bit floats your boat

We expect a bit more than that for e.g. Cotswolds... more coherent signal there for Weds AM in very latest UKV. Chief Forecaster has just amended forecast accordingly. Generally above 100-150m; shouldn't stick for long however. Some sleet/snow showers elsewhere in region too over suitable elevation.

• Like 3