Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Pretty gusty here, at the moment and its only 35mph. The MetO gust speeds forecast for here tomorrow, are the strongest for over a year. 9+ hours of 50 - 60mph. SSW to S as well, hopefully I can record some good speeds.

sSame here. Tomorrow's forecast looking worse than Monday's 'storm'

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Will be interesting to see how rainfall totals actually pan out - southwesterlies tend to yield lower rainfall totals here than say a westerly feed straight off the Severn.

Posted

Very dark here...radar tells it al. Winds picking up after a very calm start to the morning. Radar showing a very nice squall line to the west of here. Might make driving on the M4 intereesting!

Posted

A little rain around 1am here, 0.8mm and winds of 15mph.

This morning the SSW winds are starting to get stronger, 20mph with a number of 35-38mph guts so far from 7am.
11c, 1001 hPa and falling.
Looks like we may be out of reach for a lot of the heavier rain, but still strong winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Most of the rain is likely to miss us completely looking at the radar. Was expecting at least 10 mm by now and we've not even had half of that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Morning all. Woke up to it absolutely hammering it down here. Judging by the angry looking radar there's going to be some impressive rainfall totals today. Feet up at home for me today I think. Roll on the rugby!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!
1 hour ago, Frosty hollows said:

Very dark here...radar tells it al. Winds picking up after a very calm start to the morning. Radar showing a very nice squall line to the west of here. Might make driving on the M4 intereesting!

....a better one growing off the coast of Cornwall at present. Be interesting to hear reports of this? :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun & Snow :)

Very windy here. Not raining at present. Dartmoor rain shadow??! 

Edit: heavy rain now! Yuck

Edited by <torbay>
Change of weather

Posted

13.5 mm so far today and going up very quickly. The squall line which just went through turned the garden into a bit of a river!  Glad I don't have to do anything today but watch rugby :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

17.4mm precipitation so far today. 10.1c.  Wind Chill  8,8c. Breeze gusting to 27 km/h.   Humidity 96%rh.  Pressure 983.4hpa.  Very noisy wind through the trees....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

It looks like there's no end to the rain, so that's today written off to do anything nice outside.

Looks like the dog walk  is going to be a wet one later.

Posted
36 minutes ago, stratty said:

....a better one growing off the coast of Cornwall at present. Be interesting to hear reports of this? :) 

Looks like it's going to be a day of squally showers(hence the forecasts for 50mph + gusts inland I guess). We've got the Cornish one and one in Wales too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Yellow warning for strong winds issued for Monday

Issued at:0942 on Sat 6 Feb 2016

Valid from:0300 on Mon 8 Feb 2016

Valid to:1800 on Mon 8 Feb 2016

An area of very strong winds is likely across parts of southwest and southern England, in particular the coasts of Cornwall, as well as south Wales on Monday morning before winds gradually ease during the afternoon and evening. Gusts of 60-70 mph are possible, particularly in association with heavy showers running across the area, with 80 mph gusts possible in exposed coastal districts. Some very large waves are also likely along the north coast of Cornwall in particular. Please be aware of the potential for disruption to travel as well as localised damage to structures and interruption of power supplies. This is an update to the alert issued on Friday to broaden the area affected by the strong winds into south Wales, the Bristol Channel and further along the south coast. This also moves into the medium impact column.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

An area of low pressure is expected to be over the UK on Monday with some very strong winds around its southern flank, these lying across parts of southwest and south England and south Wales. The winds are likely to be very gusty at times, particularly around showers running into these areas. In addition to this some very large waves are expected, particularly along the north coast of Cornwall. There remains some uncertainty in the track and peak strength of the strongest winds and so this alert is likely to be updated in the coming days.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1454889600&regionName=sw

• Like 1

Posted

Wind really getting up here, with light-moderate rain and drizzle too. Had a gust of 45mph on my station, just higher than anything last year.

But surprised Devon and some of Cornwall isn't in the wind warning as it looks at least as strong here from anything I can see including on the Met Office forecast map. Though I'm in the Amber rain warning and it's all going west (though looks like getting heavier), seems the warnings are a touch too far east?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It's bleeding horrible here, definitely an indoors day.

Facebook reminded me what I'd posted seven years ago today, here's what it was like back then. Our time will come again. Until then, here's a bit of winter cheer for a wet autumn day.

2253_1091277075059_8856_n.jpg

2253_1091277595072_2432_n.jpg

2253_1091276995057_8298_n.jpg

snowy trees.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

12.1mm to 09.00 and very little since.  Right on the edge of the system as it moves north-east, but no doubt that will change before too long.