Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

-3.8C here. Getting rather chilly. Though still not the coldest temp this Winter which was -5.7C during the mid Jan cold snap.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Its a cold night out  dry with clear skies !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Hovering around -2C. Still not cold. Was in shorts earlier. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I can't believe it talk about stubborn temperatures.. Didn't go below 0.1C last night. What is that all about?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Southerly winds picking up and it's currently 3.2c, so looking forward to the rain later! 

Posted
18 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

-4c still..... Interesting gfs 0z moves bulk of precip inline with met/beeb....

I notice what you post in this thread you also post in the Midlands thread. You don't really see yourself in the Midlands as well? 

Anyway, I can't seen much happening, snow wise in this region. Looks to me the bulk of the preciptation will be have left before midnight tomorrow night. 

Posted

Im sort of on the tri county area, im in derbyshire, my council is tameside and im ten minutes from yorkshire.... Make of that what you will hehe.... In 20 minutes i can be in chapel/buxton/hyde/denton/ladybower...traffice dependent, double that time when traffic is bad ( usually most of the time) just getting other side of glossop....

tonight is nowcasting radar watching lampost watching and curtain twitching situ hehe.....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Got down to -4.7°C at some point during the night, but has since risen to -0.7°C

Posted

Latest BBC f/cast showing quite a bit of rain prior to any chance of backedge sleet/snow, so not looking to promising away from the very highest hills.  

Posted

Ferries latest tweet doesn't look good for the regions snow chances. Looks like it's cleared most of us by 8pm tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

The beeb put me down all rain tomorrow now. This Winter is just an extension of Autumn.

• Like 3

Posted

4.3c windy & overcast, feels pretty raw. PPN moving across the Irish sea so first spots of rain likely soon before the main band of rain turns up later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I think I'm gonna look forward next week when the cold returns. Forget about this week it is a non-event.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Temps still only just creeping above freezing, after a sub-zero night...feels very bitter, this is the first time this winter where it really feels like it could snow if it were to happen right now...shame about that pesky incoming mild sector, later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

I know this is showing rain, but if it where snow it just sums up perfectly how crap it is living on the Wirral/Parts of Liverpool, forcefield in full operation

viewimage.pbx.thumb.png.764a90dc5768d3661viewimage.pbx.thumb.png.3b3ace429598ca62viewimage.pbx.thumb.png.476afa003a4cdd5

Posted

Excited but again will have to see..... If the expectancy is for 5-10cm later for more southern areas might get an amber warning but cant see it myself.... Unless the south east is afftected then 1cm will cause chaos dawn sarf....

i think peak district could do quite well.....  Uncertainty causing the excitement for me.... 

Ps there is a discrepency between warnings, one tonight until ten am then a gap of ten hours until the next warning..... Snow inbetween? Another warning to be issued? 

Weather on news 24 at 1256 had snow over me from midday through 10pm?  Inbetween warnings? 

Taking a look back at peak district forecast its text says rain turning increasingly to sleet and snow through the afternoon, inbetwwen the met office weather

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Just watched the 13.25 forecast and it shows quite an impressive 

Rain Shadow over cheshire,Merseyside and south Manchester

Who knows i might stay dry tomorrow with a bit of luck.

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Raining already. 

Posted

Turning quite wet now with a very strong S'ly wind gusting 40-50mph, feels very unpleasant with a temp of 4.5c. 

Posted
4 hours ago, pip22 said:

The beeb put me down all rain tomorrow now. This Winter is just an extension of Autumn.

You got that right it's rubbishy been raining since about October or so it feels