Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

hhhhmmmm....got down to -1c minima this morning and I live in Burnham a few miles north of Southend, very much doubt Southend is colder than a rural town like Burnham (though we are both on the coast).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
3 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

hhhhmmmm....got down to -1c minima this morning and I live in Burnham a few miles north of Southend, very much doubt Southend is colder than a rural town like Burnham (though we are both on the coast).

-2.5*c was registered at Shoeburyness

Shoeburyness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Interestingly, my Met Office app has a yellow warning for snow, just creeping into the north west corner of Essex, tomorrow and Thursday

2 minutes ago, TheMoonman said:

Interestingly, my Met Office app has a yellow warning for snow, just creeping into the north west corner of Essex, tomorrow and Thursday

I me too, a sniff away from that Warning, it is a provisional warning so expect it to be updated during tomorrow as detail comes out.. 

Could we actually be a breath away from seeing some "decent" snow at least falling from the sky.. Settling is another story

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
13 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

-2.5*c was registered at Shoeburyness

Shoeburyness

I've got 2 British Standard Max and Min temperature bulbs housed in a stevenson screen so would be surprised if they're inaccurate - maybe it's the good ol' micro climate of Burnham striking again!

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

I've got 2 British Standard Max and Min temperature bulbs housed in a stevenson screen so would be surprised if they're inaccurate - maybe it's the good ol' micro climate of Burnham striking again!

Who knows, Southend Airport registered -3 between 6/7am Southend Airport

Burnham -2? Burnham

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I see JH mentioning the potential for the SE Weds/Thurs.

You couldn't make it up lol

Well I predict the whole region will see some transient snow meanwhile I see endless cold rain.

A frosty start to the day here v sunny I have noticed there's some warmth from the sun, an air frost not quite sure how cold it got but the ground is quite saturated round here at least the frost stiffened it up. :crazy: 

At least the models are not looking so bad, a late burner indeed..

Tomorrow all I am going to do is use the radar and local obvs and reports in the West and work out what will happen next. People saying the models have a grip are talking trash, yes they had a general idea on the situation and have done well in the run up to the event but now we are down to the finer detail and stuff that a computer can't predict.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

I think all our area will see cold rain like last weekend, certainly no settled snow you can play in and enjoy.

I would love more than anyone to be wrong, but if I was putting money on it I know where my bet would be going. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I agree: rain & sleet all the way. Now - if only I can be as catastrophically wrong as I was last weekend - it really could be game-on!:D

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

I think it'll be more annoying, we'll get wet snow that is completely useless

Posted

I can see a really good positive about our views this afternoon in this thread and that's that nobody is getting carried away and we have plenty time & room to be surprised....history would tell us this view of things is usually the most rewarding. :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I can see a really good positive about our views this afternoon in this thread and that's that nobody is getting carried away and we have plenty time & room to be surprised....history would tell us this view of things is usually the most rewarding. :)

• Watch out.. We are missing a few members :rofl:
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Ohhh dear, kiss of death, todays Daily Express on page 11 reads  "Snow to sweep south in frozen Britain", a half page article with a picture of a snowy landscape with horses.

:angry: 

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
16 minutes ago, Surrey said:
  • Watch out.. We are missing a few members :rofl:

That's it, you've Jinxed it....you wait until this evening! LOL:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A hard frost to start with sunny skies prevailing. A decent winters day.

The temperature got down to -4C last night which would make it the coldest night of the winter.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
3 minutes ago, Sharpedge said:

They say manufacturing has gone downhill in Britain, but you've got to admit the Snow Shields here in the South East are of very high quality.

Is there much demand for exporting some of our Snow Shields I wonder to places that don't want snow, our balance of payments could do with a little help right now.

Then when they are all gone we can get blizzards all Winter next year.:D

Posted
56 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

We are all here but some of us are on warnings or bans etc........ I shall watch the lamp post again me thinks:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I won't bother watching my lampost as marginal means I'm to close to the sea for snow, plus it's not working anyway. Fingers crossed for some proper snowy cold at some point.