Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Tbh, I love the anticipation of it.....yeah, prob won't come off, however, at least, at this point it brings people together.  I'd rather be waiting and hoping than all chances being gone xx

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Anyone else feel this whole snow loving thing is another type of "mental health"- cant stop checking the models and forecasts lol. I just have this feeling that we may have our first white easter for a while 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

the toys shall be thrown tomorrow evening

Ah I won't be, like many tonight the attitude is well.. If it don't no matter, we have such low expectations now nobody will get their hopes up unless it's actually snowing..

Good vibes all round, and like I said earlier, I will still dance outside in the rain if it does, because I think the UK is the only country in the world where marginal is given a new meaning 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Just when I had learnt to control myself and not get hyped up after years of let downs, my 91 year old neighbor who is an amazing clever women, gardening god etc. comes and knocks on my door to tell me she expects it to snow tomorrow evening! maybe she is just winding me up but she knows me and the kids really want it to.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Oh dear all my sleet symbols have disappeared to light rain thursday morning- we are going to have to see one hell of an upgrade for it to become snow down here by the thames- very unlikely in my opinion, atleast we have cold looking model runs to keep us interested towards months end/March

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

In northamptonshire at one point today my bbc weather app said heavy rain 5pm to 7pm. Heavy snow 7pm to 10pm.  Then light snow 10pm to 9am thursdsy. Now sleet till 11pm then light snow before turning back to rain thought we might be in the sweet spot at some point today. :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I see Biggin Hill on the BBC app still has snow symbols lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
7 hours ago, scrat said:

Tbh, I love the anticipation of it.....yeah, prob won't come off, however, at least, at this point it brings people together.  I'd rather be waiting and hoping than all chances being gone xx

If anyone is going to get snow later today/Thursday morning, you would be in one of the prime spots I reckon. In London I doubt there will be anything settling, but those at higher altitudes and possibly on the trailing edge of the front (most likely where the front lies at the coldest part of the night) will see some flakes at some point... whether it settles anywhere in our region is still on a knife-edge. For me, and I'm sure a lot of the others here, the anticipation is the majority of the fun in snow events.

Good luck all, great to see a more positive attitude from everyone here, there is no point in getting upset if it fails to materialise is there?

Nowcasting and lamppost watching will be the order of the day, (or night more likely!) ;)

(EDIT: Looking at the 00z charts, not looking great at all... bit of a downgrade for our region. Let's see what the 06z brings)

Edited by Sno' problem
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

BBC dumped the snow,  gonna rain instead.:wallbash:Some lucky people will have sleet:drunk-emoji: and if you live on  the very top of a mountain, like the Chilterns, you might see extra sleety sleet instead.:santa-emoji::reindeer-emoji::drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

BBC dumped the snow,  gonna rain instead.:wallbash:Some lucky people will have sleet:drunk-emoji: and if you live on  the very top of a mountain, like the Chilterns, you might see extra sleety sleet instead.:santa-emoji::reindeer-emoji::drunk-emoji:

What a surprise 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Slight frost overnight and an overnight low of exactly 0C. Cloud already building in from the west.

Look East on the beeb this morning have a small chance of 1-2cm of wet snow for Northants, Cambs, Beds, Herts and Bucks where the Met Off have an amber warning in place (note this list is for the Look East tv area so will exclude other areas). High ground most at risk. The sleet & snow risk is on the very back edge of the front (cold air trying to dig in under the front) so it's not expected to last long. And you'll have to be up very early if you want to see if it does or doesn't. Once again this winter the snow lovers amongst us have to endure another highly marginal event to try and catch a glimpse of transient wet snow! :( 

20160217_073054_resized.thumb.jpg.0a3f21

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
24 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Was always a really poor setup with the odds stacked against us, but we are yet to see what happens today and overnight.. I don't hold any real hope but you just never know :)

Precisely! This is a dynamic situation that even models cannot predict, therefore, if you have the energy, lets watch the radar and reports from the Southern / Midlands Regional threads this evening and see what transpires....you never know you may get lucky! :D Have a great day all!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

No frost here this morning, high cloud is piling in already. It looks like my birthday will end on a wet note and with my journey to Gt Yarmouth for a couple of days means if it does snow back here I will miss it. Oh well.

3 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

No frost here this morning, high cloud is piling in already. It looks like my birthday will end on a wet note and with my journey to Gt Yarmouth for a couple of days means if it does snow back here I will miss it. Oh well.

Woke up to frost here this morning albeit very light.

For today to have any luck, we want the front to arrive as late as possible!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Morning

the temp is steadily rising, 4.6 at the moment after a low of 1.5 in the night 

my little snow symbols seem to be disappearing, funny how obsessed you can become even over a sleet symbol! 

The rain is due to hit me early afternoon so I'd say it will be a rather soggy night, with temps being too high for Anything else! 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Rain turning to snow with slushy deposits for low levels 

Slushy deposits!!.....I can hardly wait, the highlight of my winter!:D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Slushy deposits? Good for cocktails but nothing else :) Expecting rain, it's far too mild for snow, at least for the moment. Rather have yesterday's lovely sunshine again! Currently 5C here with a S'ly wind and cloudy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

seems quite mild outside today compared with last couple of mornings, no frost or chill in the air.

I see on the radar that the big blob of rain is getting close to are area now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

It's almost springlike outside 6.9! 

Still we have slushy deposits to look forward to! 

image.jpeg

• Like 1