Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
26 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Not going to snow..... If it cant at 600m or higher up here..... Its not at sea level in se

The yellow snow warning northern Home Counties & much of East Anglia unfortunately for you the cold air undercuts in when there is no precipitation for you - in aspects you're incorrect. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
19 minutes ago, MrNooo said:

Nothing but cold rain here, not a glimmer of sleet or a single flake, back edge is approaching shortly, temp been steady all day at 5-5.8C. Good luck to you guys/gals seems the temp is lower with you so you may be lucky, fingers crossed.

This I find very surprising, no snow reports yet on the western boundary. Can't be good for us further east I would have thought but temps will be falling off over night, surely it won't be ALL just rain.

Wind picking up here, feeling colder, odd spot in the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I'm not sure it's goner make it over here, seems to have stalled where it is on the last few radar returns. Would make sence why my sats are dropping anyway. dp now -1.5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
22 minutes ago, Surrey said:

You can see the cold air under cutting now out West, look at the showers over Ireland they are turning to sleet and snow and back edge of the front is now turning to sleet (at higher elevation) 

Screenshot_2016-02-17-17-18-56.thumb.png

Didn't notice that chart, yes thats what we want to see.:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, snowray said:

This I find very surprising, no snow reports yet on the western boundary. Can't be good for us further east I would have thought but temps will be falling off over night, surely it won't be ALL just rain.

Wind picking up here, feeling colder, odd spot in the wind.

Nothing in northamptonshire heavy rain since 11am 

Posted

Hmmm, having looked at everything I will be very surprised if many of us have settling snow at any point between now and tomorrow lunch-time. Those further NW in the region and/or up a hill have the best chance I think. I will take some falling flakes at this stage to be honest, but looks like cold rain with a brief spell of wet snow on the back edge to me!...Let's hope not.

Edited by Southender
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A whole raft of off topic and childish bickering removed...............play nicely or don't play at all.......simples :)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
4 minutes ago, Lampostwatcher said:

Its starting to sleet

Out of  interest was you forecast sleet for this time?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms and Tornado's

Absolutely chucking it down with rain in East Hertfordshire  :-(

Posted

12z Euro4 still says NO!:nonono:

16021806_1712.gif

Posted

Over in the model thread the great Nick Sussex has posted for 10pm from the Arome  

Nick Sussex Wrote 

We have a good test for one of the higher resolution models. The AROME Hi Res now has snow developing ahead of the front over East Anglia. Looking at the dew points the far se and parts of EA currently have negative dew points.

Ive also attached a screen grab from the Netweather in which i have circled in red where it looks like it's starting to happen 

Screenshot1 2016-02-17 18.26.58.png

Screenshot 2016-02-17 18.24.13.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Defo blobs of wet sleet coming down in the rain in chessington . Raynes park was all rain. It's even that eerie quiet sound like when snow falls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

for those to the east of the frontal system, you're still tapping into some embedded cold air from the near continent with dewpoints hovering around 0c, and with the 'oh so slow' eastward progress of the frontal system, it wouldn't surprise me to see some temporary sleet/snow fall as the ppn moves in (especially essex/kent/norfolk.........The issue west of London is that dewpoints are not even marginal currently,  3c+...Colder/drier air is filtering slowly down from the north west, but only over in Ireland are dewpoints favourable......As the attached NMM overlay shows, there is still a considerable area of milder T850's over the majority of England and Wales that still need to be mixed out before that particular parameter is favourable for snowfall, as for dewpoints, the NMM and most other model suites infer that dewpoints only become favourable after the ppn has passed through the region, apart from the extreme south east.....ppn is also slowly starting to wane, and that combined with quite saturated lower air profiles don't really aid evaporative cooling..........Still, it's fascinating to watch this all unfold......even though most of the model suites seem rather unfavourable for the forecast period, it's worth keeping an eye on the sky/lamp-post, especially overnight in the far east of the region, you never know! :)

Untitled.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Just driven back to stevenage from Norwich.  Started raining on the way home which stayed with us all the way and it definitely had wintry blobs mixed in here and there.. 

Posted

Looks like rain here, but not that heavy. Temp now is 3.8c with DP at 3.0c. Not sure it's worth staying up for.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Light showers ahead of the main band definitely showed a wintry mix on the windscreen on the drive home just now!