Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 2nd February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Not going to happen....... Full stop..... We had weather warning.... Nout..... If you want more rain you will be happy..... Id like to be proven wrong but precip, as here, is not heavy its drizzly..... Cold is not undercutting..... Its not even behind the band of rain.... Its just getting here.... 

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

I saw a snowflake.....

actually i think think it was just a drip off the lamppost .....

• Like 1

Posted

Moderate rain Gatwick, where the air temp was colder circa 5pm when the rain started. What we can say is that these are not the correct conditions for snow. What we cannot predict is what will happen overnight. How's that for stating the bleed in' obvious?! 

Anyone know what I mean when I say that the dew points and WBFL don't 'feel' right? Too moist, too warm - for now. 

Posted

Rain here.  Dew points not even marginal anywhere in the region.  It's a sad state of affairs when we place so much hope in a band of rain that may give a sleety mix in the early hours - such is our desperation this winter!

4.8C

Posted
1 minute ago, mulzy said:

Rain here.  Dew points not even marginal anywhere in the region.  It's a sad state of affairs when we place so much hope in a band of rain that may give a sleety mix in the early hours - such is our desperation this winter!

4.8C

Nothing was meant to happen this early anyway, it's pretty much stalling where expected, just need the cold to undercut later tonight, was always a marginal event

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
3 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

One of the things that drew me to this thread years ago was that it welcomed all contributors and lots of range of material, even allowing those from the SE who were posting from wherever they happened to be in the world.  Sometimes this meant posts came in, imagine this, from 'oop north.   Despite this what was really irritating back then and I think still is today, is people dropping in with 'nothing for you lot' type posts.  I mean, really, what's the point?

Anyway, from the badlands of Reigate it's raining at 110m, DP is falling a little bit, temp is falling a little bit.  Hi to those from the old days. 

Hi , I remember your posts when I was a lurker . Welcome back (hopefully ) where  have you been ? Anyway heavy sleet here but mostly rain. Any way my neighbour has just turned off their Porch light too my annoyance so can see the detail I'm so tempted to say . Excuse me can you turn your light back on please . 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Can anyone tell me a good site or app to get pretty accurate current temperature and dew point? All I have to help me judge it is when I pop my head outside to see what's happening..  Basically it doesn't feel that cold yet but unless my eyes are playing up which is very possible at the moment there is the odd sleety burst occasionally 

Posted
1 minute ago, Hearts in Herts said:

Can anyone tell me a good site or app to get pretty accurate current temperature and dew point? All I have to help me judge it is when I pop my head outside to see what's happening..  Basically it doesn't feel that cold yet but unless my eyes are playing up which is very possible at the moment there is the odd sleety burst occasionally 

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap.

On the right hand side  where it says weather stations if you click on the little cog you can pick what you want displayed, temp, dp etc

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
2 minutes ago, Hearts in Herts said:

Think I see the occasional bit of sleet as well up near the station...mind you I saw more sleet and snow in the shower I drove home along Gunnels Wood Road on monday night !

Posted
2 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

Think I see the occasional bit of sleet as well up near the station...mind you I saw more sleet and snow in the shower I drove home along Gunnels Wood Road on monday night !

Yea we were out in that on Monday.  Funny enough up on gunnels wood too.  I am now up near the oval and there was a def wintry mix as the cat had white specks on her black bits when she ran in lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
1 hour ago, WillinGlossop said:

Not going to happen....... Full stop..... We had weather warning.... Nout..... If you want more rain you will be happy..... Id like to be proven wrong but precip, as here, is not heavy its drizzly..... Cold is not undercutting..... Its not even behind the band of rain.... Its just getting here.... 

Slightly of topic,but can we stop the"it wont happen rubbish"who

Knows what will happen the event in the SE is still ongoing and will

Be for most of tomorrow

Back on topic LGW airport going for rain and snow from 03.00

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Guys we also had hope and weather warnings the big issue is the front brings much warmer temps and dps. And the cold didnt undercut and mix the milder air out. Even the Peak district had no snow and they are significantly higher up than the SE. So take my advice and get some sleep because you will be left disapointed. I hope i am wrong and you get better luck. So gd luck guys but i cant see it infact look at your dps its not even marginal.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

11 minutes ago, Sussex Jules said:

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap.

On the right hand side  where it says weather stations if you click on the little cog you can pick what you want displayed, temp, dp etc

Thanks.  Will open up my laptop to have a look at it properly.  It's all so tiny on my phone