IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Midterm forecast

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Mainly fine with some sunshine during this period, with temperatures increasing to perhaps become hot by Tuesday, with warm and humid nights likely.

40% chance of some light showers Thursday afternoon

Sounds lovely, apart from the warm humid nights, they can do one. Don't mind a few of those in the summer, but it's getting ridiculous now lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Quite a lot of cloud today with a strong breeze, 22C so far. Tomorrow looks a write-off sadly but then getting much better for a few days. 

Matt Hugo's latest thoughts on the coming Autumn/Winter seasons are a continuation of a higher chance of blocking. Could be a very different winter to recent ones with much more anti-cyclonic influence, something we haven't really seen for a while.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Strange weather. Yesterday morning the air was so warm and thick, I was sweating in my light jumper during the school run, by the time it hit 3pm the air was cool but the sun warm so i was back in a cardie. Today it was a cool wind but warm sun shine - you can still feel the heat - but I am not a big fan of being too warm one minute in a cardie but too cold without it.

True to form however, the rain it rainth when bubs and I were walking down the road from school this afternoon. Just had another shower past though too.Wasn't expecting any rain till tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The cloud has built up here, but not before we reached 25C at around 2pm. Not bad at all.

A couple of cooler days ahead before temperatures rise back into the high twenties on Monday and possibly low thirties on Tuesday. Wow is it really September?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Chris Bell (the weatherman) is predicting 32C on Tuesday...

Netweather's forecast goes to 33c

51561561.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
37 minutes ago, Surrey said:

33c mid September!!!  Sheeeeeeeez 

Lovely stuff, could be some storms too! Will help ripen up the veg on the allotment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
38 minutes ago, Surrey said:

33c mid September!!!  Sheeeeeeeez 

Wahoooo. Got to try and get out early that day. It will be a day to saviour I've never experienced a September like that before. I hope some decent warm weather can hold on to the weekend this time. The only slight grate I have is I was on a canal boat holiday this time last year. I wish I had 33c then. What a summer one that I won't forget 

• Like 2

Posted

Wow what a day, started sunny, then was cloudy for a little while. Perhaps the warm front?

Then clear blue sky for the rest of the day. Did not expect that at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

on/off showers all day, even rained on the way to swimming, but not too worry bubs got her grade one swimming skills badge tonight :)

Party for her tomorrow, i think everyone she has been too it has rained.

Wednesday she is going to dino land in  MK hopefully it won't be too hot.

Am i really saying that in September?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Wake me up on the 27th November, it's going to snow here at 3.05pm:good:Until then, more snooze fest weather.

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Wake me up on the 27th November, it's going to snow here at 3.05pm:good:Until then, more snooze fest weather.

Hey I've see it snow in October here  two weeks before that  it was 27c  too. Can't remember what year does anyone remember ? I think maybe 2007 .I love heat and the snow just not the stuff in between 

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
5 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Chris Bell (the weatherman) is predicting 32C on Tuesday...

32C looks reasonable to me regarding Tuesday given the set up for Tuesday with 850s of 18/19C over our region and a southerly wind. The spell next week sums up our summer where we get fleeting glimpses of extreme heat without it fully taking hold. That said I will fully enjoy it before Autumn storms take hold through October and November (probably).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

32C looks reasonable to me regarding Tuesday given the set up for Tuesday with 850s of 18/19C over our region and a southerly wind. The spell next week sums up our summer where we get fleeting glimpses of extreme heat without it fully taking hold. That said I will fully enjoy it before Autumn storms take hold through October and November (probably).

Are they not saying that we could have a pretty high pressure dominated autumn and winter. So if you think summer has been a bor fest wait till you get a cold easterly wind travelling over the warm waters of the North Sea under a massive high pressure cell only for it to be so dull it barley gets light.

Incredible sunrise here absolutely stunning! I'm still going for an above average winter.

Unless there is one serious cool down in October and November Europe and the mainland are 2-4 degrees above where they normally should be now.

Posted

well  looks   like rain today   but Monday Tuesday  looks  HOT  HOT  HOT   glad  im still got a week off on holiday  i can see  the coast calling me to keep cool!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Are they not saying that we could have a pretty high pressure dominated autumn and winter. So if you think summer has been a bor fest wait till you get a cold easterly wind travelling over the warm waters of the North Sea under a massive high pressure cell only for it to be so dull it barley gets light.

Incredible sunrise here absolutely stunning! I'm still going for an above average winter.

Unless there is one serious cool down in October and November Europe and the mainland are 2-4 degrees above where they normally should be now.

Should be a bigger snow maker though if conditions are right I.e Jan 2010 or Dec 2010. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
3 hours ago, Surrey said:

Don't get me depressed Surrey! Let's hope we end up with a meandering Jet and some favourably positioned blocks with the UK on the cold side! Even in a record breaking warm year, the dear old weather could still deliver a decent snow event for us! :)
BTW - I like the new photo!

As for today, looks like the front will make it right across our Region, but rainfall amounts could be very small for some Eastern coastal locations.

Radar 09.35 Radar Sat10Sep 09.35.jpg GFS 17.00 GFS Precip Sat10Sep 17.00.GIF

• Like 1

Posted

So far it started sunny, now we have some interesting looking cloud but it is dry. I'd get exited with this cloud tbh if I didn't know it was just rain possible. There are still some sunny spells.

Posted

Well, that was a rather wet morning. Went to town on a whim, completely forgetting it was going to rain for a few hours and came back like a drowned rat. 

While walking round town, we had a general chit chat about whether retail gives us any clues has to what the upcoming season will be like. Obviously retailers use long term weather forecasting to plan what they are going to buy in. The reason we had this discussion was this - this time last year, I took my old coat to the charity with the intention of having a big shop for autumn and winter clothes the following weekend. Except I looked everywhere for a big, snug winter coast and couldn't find one. I couldn't find fake 'Ugg' style furry boots either. I just put it down to changing fashions or being to early in the season. Turns out we didn't have a winter at all - just an autumn that lasted 7 months. I wondered if there was a correlation. Or not!!!

Edited by Team Squirrel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

What planet is netweather on?...it says on todays headline cool - really!?!  22c here at the moment since when is that cool into the first 10 days of september?  Not looking forward to next weeks heat, more humidity and bet we don't even get a storm.

Posted

I'm not sure it's going to rain here, have had ac cas up high and cumulus down low all day, along with plenty of sun. It's still warm and humid with it. I really wanted the rain today as it was around. But the clouds now seem to be getting more benign looking. The high cloud disappearing and the cumulus more diffuse.