Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
9 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Moderate rain just started here in South Hertfordshire.

You have to laugh, Is this week going to be another Déjà vu of last week of  'Summer returns' but instead was relentless dull skies and drizzle.

At least it isn't cold!!

Yup, raining here too with leaden gloomy skies, have to laugh really at the bad joke that weather forecasting is in this country!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
27 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yup, raining here too with leaden gloomy skies, have to laugh really at the bad joke that weather forecasting is in this country!

Looks like a small trough moving in a NNE direction was missed, looks to me like your unlucky that it's not strong enough for it to produce storms, although it does seem to be still developing, a few brighter echo's showing up now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

May be a few surprises later today then, although the high cloud seems to have cleared here for now. 

Well ,well what is that developing in a line just to the west of London . I haven't seen anybody forecast that and could it become more of a prolific feature it certainly seems to be gaining momentum 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Well ,well what is that developing in a line just to the west of London . I haven't seen anybody forecast that and could it become more of a prolific feature it certainly seems to be gaining momentum 

I was just going to make the same comment...that band of showers to the SW does seem to be intesifying.

Posted
24 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I was just going to make the same comment...that band of showers to the SW does seem to be intesifying.

I'm personally watching that stuff in le harve goodness knows what that is, looks like a small low. Must be an upper low feature as there isn't meant to be a low south of us now.

Edit: My mistake there is a little low pressure south of us in the charts.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dry with almost wall-to-wall sunshine, with temp already up to 23C. It's going to be a hottie!:diablo:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
Just now, lassie23 said:

Raining

How grim - but how nice it would be to have some rain! I'm baking here and trying to work but it's now 28c in here and 30c+ outside and the horseflies are rampant. Roll on the thunderstorms for tomorrow night...I'm a bit scared of the intensity if it materialises, but rain - whoopee!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

How grim - but how nice it would be to have some rain! I'm baking here and trying to work but it's now 28c in here and 30c+ outside and the horseflies are rampant. Roll on the thunderstorms for tomorrow night...I'm a bit scared of the intensity if it materialises, but rain - whoopee!

It's the king of rain that evaporates as soon as it hits the ground. You can stand outside in it and not get wet

Posted
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It's the king of rain that evaporates as soon as it hits the ground. You can stand outside in it and not get wet

That's what saturday nights drizzle was like here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Really raining here in South Herts

Good to see the Beeb on it with there accurate forecasts of Hazy Warm sunshine and dry.......NOT!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Strange- so Hampshire, West Sussex, Western Surrey, West London and Hertfordshire up to Cambridge are affected by this narrow band of heavy showers, goes to show the weather can be unpredictable-- good job I'm in SE London today as not got a rain coat and I'm outside most the afternoon. Interestingly Manston is coming out top on netweather current max temperature- could this be due to it having the shortest sea track between France and the UK as we have a southerly breeze? 

EDIT: good old NW Kent is tops as usual lol Gravesend Broadness which incidentally comes under Dartford borough just about

Edited by Kentspur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
49 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Looks like a small trough moving in a NNE direction was missed, looks to me like your unlucky that it's not strong enough for it to produce storms, although it does seem to be still developing, a few brighter echo's showing up now.

Certainly some heavier bursts of rain but also dry slots. Not warm by any means at 21C here and breezy, very disappointing to be honest especially as I have a day off work and have to go back in tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Warming up nicely here. But I can sure make out that band of rain to the SE. Looks like a decayed messy post thunderstorm front! Noticed a sharp rise in the humidity since this morning too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Certainly some heavier bursts of rain but also dry slots. Not warm by any means at 21C here and breezy, very disappointing to be honest especially as I have a day off work and have to go back in tomorrow.

Hopefully will cheer up for you this afternoon. The radar shows the showers fizzling out rapidly and the satellite shows some clearer slots coming up from the south. But certainly that line of showers seems to have caught everyone by surprise; Stav Danaos presenting the BBC lunchtime forecast has just mentioned "the rogue showers" effecting the SE this morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
31 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hopefully will cheer up for you this afternoon. The radar shows the showers fizzling out rapidly and the satellite shows some clearer slots coming up from the south. But certainly that line of showers seems to have caught everyone by surprise; Stav Danaos presenting the BBC lunchtime forecast has just mentioned "the rogue showers" effecting the SE this morning.

Have the rogue showers gone? I want to varnish a table outdoors

Posted
42 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Still loads of cloud and very little sunshine here. S and E of London looks much better. Has warmed up to 24C which is something positive. The 'rogue' showers can bugger off though!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

I see the temps have surpassed 26c already with only 25c forecast . Could tomorrow be even hotter than they are anticipating . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A mix of sunny intervals and some patches of high level cloud today, despite a rather chilly start the temperatures have responded well to reach 25C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

must have improved by now ? its 25.5 and sunny in Oxshott

Posted
2 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

must have improved by now ? its 25.5 and sunny in Oxshott

Nope, the sun came out briefly earlier for about 10 mins but it's been rather cloudy all day. Feeling quite warm and humid though, 24C currently.

image.jpeg