Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Langdon Bay at 26c as we approach Midnight 14th September!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
16 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Thought 22.7c was bad lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
2 hours ago, sunnijim said:

A bit chilly there now though, only 24c at 01:00 hours !  Currently 21.2 c here just along the coast but what another stunning day it was. Max here today was 29.6c which would be well above average for the height of summer, let alone mid September.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Still climbing 24.6 now, guess it's gonna be an uncomfortable night. What the heck is causing this anyway.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
18 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Still climbing 24.6 now, guess it's gonna be an uncomfortable night. What the heck is causing this anyway.

That's quite a difference from my location just along the coast, currently 20.6c here and I thought that was warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

31C being forecast again today, already 21 at 07:16!

Posted

It's hilarious  isn't it. You couldn't write a script like it. 32 degrees widely across southeast but zero rated stormy chances. Showed there was over 18000 strikes yesterday and not one within 100 miles west of us....... must say another cracker of a day head down into the sweat shop of cannon Street we go 

Posted

A slightly unusual couple of days coming up. A southerly breeze sets in this morning which unusually causes the temperatures to drop along south coast. The warmest areas will be those with a more easterly flow into the afternoon. Compare the wind charts and the temperature charts

arpegeuk-3-13-0.png?14-06  arome-0-13-1.png?14-05

Tomorrow, though, the winds turn northerly and it's all change - the warm air pushes back south, and most of the south east joins in with the roasting again - this time it is the top of Norfolk that is cooler. 

aromehd-3-38-1.png?14-05   aromehd-0-38-1.png?14-05

• Like 3

Posted

Temp curently 22.3 my over night low was 19.7 at 6:30 my over night high was 25.6 at 2:41. What the hell made the temp go up?

Only difference was wind turned ESE instead of just east. Was that what it was?

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Another beautiful morning . Traveling to work. I got out of work yesterday early but not for the reasons I wanted . I've been struck down with a bug that has given me high tempreture and  feeling very weak and shaky. Anyway heard the London forecaster mention 32 will be reached again today so still balmy . 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
10 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

It's hilarious  isn't it. You couldn't write a script like it. 32 degrees widely across southeast but zero rated stormy chances. Showed there was over 18000 strikes yesterday and not one within 100 miles west of us....... must say another cracker of a day head down into the sweat shop of cannon Street we go 

But not all of us want storms. Id take yesterday and today over a slim chance of all ingredients falling into place for a ''good thunderstorm'' any day

Another beautiful day coming up.. Making the most of it before the long onslaught of cold, wet and rainy autumn and winter approaches. Even though I am stuck in the office - LOL

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

There seems to be a massive cloud explosion happening over my area - we're almost blanketed now. It's really showing up on the cloud radar sequences.....I don't recall this being forecast. All forecasts pointed to a sunny day all day here today?! :cc_confused:

http://meteoradar.co.uk/clouds-sun-UK-Ireland

Edited by mb018538
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

We've had the perfect weather for conjuring up storms, but nada. Tis the frustrating beauty of weather I suppose.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
39 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

There seems to be a massive cloud explosion happening over my area - we're almost blanketed now. It's really showing up on the cloud radar sequences.....I don't recall this being forecast. All forecasts pointed to a sunny day all day here today?! :cc_confused:

Yes, that cloud is now clearly visible looking to my North East here in South Herts

Hoping it starts to melt away, but as you say it looks like an explosion of cloud that is expanding into Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire

Posted
46 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

I have a south westerly, that defo wasn't forecast, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
21 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I have a south westerly, that defo wasn't forecast, 

I've got a 6mph ENE breeze. Nonetheless it's already 26C; the southern North Sea must be a tad warmer than it should be...Bring on the -18C uppers!:yahoo:

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I'e got a 6mph ENE breeze. Nonetheless it's already 26C; the southern North Sea must be a tad warmer than it should be...Bring on the -18C uppers!:yahoo:

Since the SW started temp has gone down to 20.4, and still dropping I think. Gusting at around 24 mph.

It' WSW now, totally the wrong direction?

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Since the SW started temp has gone down to 20.4, and still dropping I think. Gusting at around 24 mph.

That ties in nicely with what Man With Beard was saying, earlier...With prevailing winds being so light, if there are any at all, it might all be down sea-breezes and orographics?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Temp curently 22.3 my over night low was 19.7 at 6:30 my over night high was 25.6 at 2:41. What the hell made the temp go up?

Only difference was wind turned ESE instead of just east. Was that what it was?

Must be that as surely the south easterly element would be a lot hotter coming from the big land mass of France than an easterly that would cross far more water 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

That ties in nicely with what Man With Beard was saying, earlier...With prevailing winds being so light, if there are any at all, it might all be down sea-breezes and orographics?

It did happen here too, exactly as forecast by AROME/ARGEPE. Peaked at 23C by 9am - then a small band of cloud crossed - cooler behind, currently 20.9C. Still beautiful for mid-September!